Which player do you wish you could have watched play?

There are hundreds I'd love to have seen.

The Gallant Pioneers including Tom Vallance; Meiklejohn, RC Hamilton, Johnny Hubbard, Billy Simpson, Sam English, Willie Waddell, George Young, Baxter at his peak, Sandy Archibald, Tiger Shaw, Willie Woodburn, Harry Davis, Jimmy Bowie.

If I had to pick one it would be Alan Morton.

This is my Choice on the wish list. The last man to be Banned from British football indefinitely.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always been a fan of skillful ball players and was lucky enough to watch Baxter and Cooper in their haydays. Laudrup and Gascoine were also a joy to watch.

These four would be my top choices of best players I ever saw in a Rangers jersey.

I had the privilege of meeting Alan Morton when he was an old man in a wheelchair, but at the age of 12 I was just too young to appreciate that I had just shaken the hand of a true legend. Sadly he died three years later, and I never had the opportunity to meet him again.

I've been watching the Rangers for 50 years so I know I saw Jim Baxter although it was too long ago to remember - although I do remember greetin' when he was transferred to Sunderland.

I was privileged to watch Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup in a Rangers jersey, but the one I wish I had seen is Alan Morton.

I was a wee boy when Baxter came back to the club but I would have love to have seen him in his hey day, the player I loved watching was :praise: wee Bud I idolised him even when he came back for his second spell at the club, Parlane, Mckean, Coop are others I loved (I'm being greedy now)

I would Love to go back to watch Tory Gillick, Willie Waddel ,Alan Morton, Tiger Shaw and Willie Woodburn.They where all Legends .

But I was very very Lucky to see Baxter ,Henderson, and for me the all time best Super Davie Cooper.

How I miss the man.

And to watch him in full flow was Jaw dropping. Simply the Best.hail.gif

There are hundreds I'd love to have seen.

The Gallant Pioneers including Tom Vallance; Meiklejohn, RC Hamilton, Johnny Hubbard, Billy Simpson, Sam English, Willie Waddell, George Young, Baxter at his peak, Sandy Archibald, Tiger Shaw, Willie Woodburn, Harry Davis, Jimmy Bowie.

If I had to pick one it would be Alan Morton.

Great names there Manti. (tu)

Feel genuinely privileged to have watched Brian Laudrup play for the team I love. IMO the best ever player to play for Rangers. Certainly the best foreign player ever to play in Scotland - the Swede who played for that lot can go and raffle himself.

The player I wished I had seen in the flesh isn't a Rangers player. I have always followed Serie A and wished I had seen Roberto Donadoni play. Certainly one of the most underrated but influential wingers / wide midfielders. Everyone thought his days were up when Lentini arrived for what was back then an absolutely massive transfer fee, however, through a combination of factors he forced his way back into one of the best teams ever made the position his own again, resulting in Lentini barely getting more than a few months then a seat on the Milan bench.

I wish i had seen baxter, my old boys forever raving about him.

Im sure you know by now, when im old and i look back, i'll be proud to say i saw paul gascoigne play for rangers, one of the most naturally gifted footballers the world has ever seen, imo ofcourse.

Its still not sank in that i played against super ally mind you

I suppose the obvious one I would like to have seen is baxter in his pomp.

Very hard to say which one I'm glad I saw because there were so many great ones ... I suppose Brian Laudrup is a small step above all the rest although for a defensive point of view I always thought Butcher was the beating heart of the team

I have been privileged to watch the team from the 60's onwards. But for me watching Bobby Russell at Shettleston Juniors and then to see him step up and become an integral part of a treble winning Rangers side does it for me. It's a pity that the Junior game is no longer a stepping stone to Senior football as it was at one time part of a footballer's apprenticeship.

I'd have loved to have seen Vallance and Meiklejohn, and also Kitey McPherson to see what all the fuss was about.

I saw Baxter in his pomp but was too young to remember much about it. I remember him coming back very well, and even though it was obvious the body had gone, it was still somehow magical when he did something great.

I'd love to see Willie Henderson one last time. Beat a couple of players and get a cross in. Easy.