How Rangers media and others routed the rebel 'journalists'

Colinstein72

James Traynor along with Hugh Keevins have been implacable enemies of The Rangers and its fans down the years. So bearing that in mind, it is with great pleasure that I learn that Traynor is at this very moment discussing his redundancy terms with management at the Daily Rebel. Some will try and dress this up as being 're-organization', 'natural wastage' or whatever other euphemism they want to use. The truth is that Traynor has been sacked and that this virulent foe of Rangers has been put to the sword (metaphysically speaking) is a moment we should savour.

I would like to think that Mr Whyte is behind this latest coup, aided and abetted by Jack Irvine the master of the dark arts. Coupled with Rangers move to link up with STV to enhance mutual commercial interests, suddenly Timmy has been caught in a deadly pincer movement. This will not go down well with Dermot Desmond as he has had one of his place men removed from a position of real power at the heart of the Rebel with its deep anti-Rangers bias.

I'll bet right now he is getting his jet ready, his own personal tarrier carrier, to fly over from Dublin to read the riot act to Lawwell.

For far too long we have had to take crap thrown at us by taigloid journalists. Organs like Rangers Media and Followfollow are the future, Traynor and typewriters are the past. We are independent and don't need to appease a vocal minority, we write the truth. The couldn't spell the word.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Independant fans websites are just one of the many reasons behind the decline of the printing press (a decline I'm in no way happy with). In that respect, we're perhaps partially behind Traynor's redundancy, but I wouldn't say we've done it (and we've certainly not deliberately done it).

Unlike most, I don't take much joy from people being made redundant. Jim Traynor is a bit of a plank, but he's not evil. I certainly wouldn't describe myself as pleased by the news.

100% agree with this post!

Jim Traynor was one of Murrays favoured poodles and although he ran negative stories about Rangers he was not an enemy per se. He is an Airdrie fan and has a healthy dislike of both sides of the Old Firm.

And there is also a lot more to Traynor than people will ever know.

The Daily Rebel just like all newspapers are going through very tough times and no ones job is safe.

Those on the highest salaries will be first to be looked at hence why Traynor is in the firing line.

I didn't mind Traynor at all, he was a bit of a blowhard at times, but he was always balanced. He didn't favour either side of the Old Firm and his articles were usually very well written. I listened to his radio show a couple of times, that seemed OK. Nothing spectacular, pretty much straight down the middle.

Anyway, was he wanking?