Come home Kris. All is forgiven

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still unsure what to think about it... Hes a free agent for a month now and not even a single try by the club to offer him a deal...

Iv got to agree we could have at least said to him to come training with us to keep his fitness up.

Wouldnt cost us anything to assess him and it would be beneficial to him.

Is that to sensible?

Trouble is (and I agree with the OP), we need someone who can hit the ground running NOW, not in a few weeks time. When was the last time Boydy actually pulled his boots on?

A match fit & match sharp Kris Boyd would be great about now, but he'd be a few weeks away from peak fitness.

Trouble is (and I agree with the OP), we need someone who can hit the ground running NOW, not in a few weeks time. When was the last time Boydy actually pulled his boots on?

A match fit & match sharp Kris Boyd would be great about now, but he'd be a few weeks away from peak fitness.

As someone above posted, we could have had him in with us training for a few weeks to allow him to keep fit but also let us check him out.

probably correct. But I'd take a 50% match fit boyd long before a 100% healy.

As someone above posted, we could have had him in with us training for a few weeks to allow him to keep fit but also let us check him out.

Yep. I mooted this signing in late December when his contract was torn up. I'd just like to see what kind of level he's at just now though.

Boyd signed a three-year contract with Turkish Süper Lig club Eskişehirspor on 8 July 2011.[46]

Boyd terminated his contract on 19 December 2011 and started legal proceedings against EskiÅŸehirspor claiming he had never been paid during his stay at the club.[47] He had played just 76 minutes of league football for EskiÅŸehirspor.[48][49]

76 minutes in 6 months. There must surely be a reason for that?? That said though, I think the SPL is his level, and with the chances we make, he'd be perfect for us, when fit!

probably correct. But I'd take a 50% match fit boyd long before a 100% healy.

(tu) So would I mate. Is he even 50% just now though?? :D

I used to think Boyd should have been in the team every week and then build the team around him, annoyed at the way he left but fair enough money talks. The thing that gets me now is that he doesn't seem to have learned anything or tried to change to fit whatever club he has been at, not changed his style, attitude or lack of effort. If there had been any signs of those things happening I would love him back but not if he is just going to sulk about the place although the teams barring (them) that we have dropped points AT HOME to are the exactly the teams Boyd would have scored against.

FRACK it sign him now. :rolleyes:

Are you sure that he was offered a new deal before he left?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/08/walter-smith-kris-boyd-rangers

Yes, as It goes I am. As Walter states an offer was made when he had 6 months left on his deal. If he wanted to stay here, he could of done he chased fame and karma bite him right in the arse.

I think it's disgusting that everyone hated him when he left, and now people claim it "love" him. A real fan never forgets what he did to the rangers.

Yes, as It goes I am. As Walter states an offer was made when he had 6 months left on his deal. If he wanted to stay here, he could of done he chased fame and karma bite him right in the arse.

I think it's disgusting that everyone hated him when he left, and now people claim it "love" him. A real fan never forgets what he did to the rangers.

6 months before he deal ends, fair enough. But after that WS said the club will do everything to keep him. Have we done enough to keep him? In june, if i remember right, Walter told Boyd is going to leave the club. With his goalscoring record, he shouldve been offered a better deal, if you ask me. Instead, the new deal was offered to Lee McCulloch :)

6 months before he deal ends, fair enough. But after that WS said the club will do everything to keep him. Have we done enough to keep him? In june, if i remember right, Walter told Boyd is going to leave the club. With his goalscoring record, he shouldve been offered a better deal, if you ask me. Instead, the new deal was offered to Lee McCulloch :)

Apolgises if this is wrong but IIRC was he not offered 22k and bonuses for scoring? We couldn't really offer much more, and yes McCulloch is fucking wank, wouldn't play him or Healy in our reserves.

Apolgises if this is wrong but IIRC was he not offered 22k and bonuses for scoring? We couldn't really offer much more, and yes McCulloch is fucking wank, wouldn't play him or Healy in our reserves.

The article youve posted says about 18k p/w, but im saying again that im not sure at all if and when he was offered a new deal. But imo, we shouldve been trying to get rid of the deadwood back then, to free up some wages for the SPL all time scorer. McCulloch, Broadfoot, etc. Reasonable imo.

I think it is disgusting that someone actually 'hates' an ex Rangers player, due to a mistake he made which I'm sure he is aware of and regrets.