what was your best title win

marka1979

What was your best title win, mines was a close call between season 98/99 when we won the league at the tattiedome and season 04/05 when we did it on the last day beaten hibs and they lost (scumtic)to motherwell. Mines was 98/99 because we did it by beaten them and to wrap up the treble beat them in the scottish cup too. what your favourite title win.

Souness first title win at Pittodrie in 1987.

Having not seen us win the title for so long that win was very very sweet as it was the first one i could remember properly. Our last title win before that was in 1978 and i was only a nipper back then.

And it was the way it was won as well battling back from losing Souness who not for the first time got sent off and left us in the lurch. The image of Butcher bulleting that header home and the fans swamping the park at the final whistle was a memory that will last forever.

1996 was very special, but it is hard to imagine Helicopter Sunday being equaled never mind beaten. I forget much of that day; but I remember my son running down the stairs to tell me that Motherwell had scored; when I turned the radio on it said that Rangers and Hibs players were just playing with the ball in the middle of the park(Hibs needed us not to score another goal to get into Europe and didn't want to run up in case we scored against them). When the next goal for Motherwell went in I can't remember a thing about the rest of that day

Every one is special but............

Colin Stein heading that ball into the back of the net v hivs to clinch title.

Terry scoring against the sheep and owning shittodrie that day. The day the reds were no where to be seen ,, steamin in aye rite.

Nacho scoring to win the league against hivs , after all we won it , we had to win that game they could not win their game . SO WE WON THE LEAGUE they never lost it, have to have something to lose it.

Big Marks two goals against the sheep, had a mate who i worked with and he played for them and was in their end at Ibrox and he told me , that he said to his brother Rangers have won this game today. As he had never witnessed an atmosphere like it before a ball was kicked and ages to go to kick off.

First one can remember was 60/61 we won.

Every one is special but............

Colin Stein heading that ball into the back of the net v hivs to clinch title.

Terry scoring against the sheep and owning shittodrie that day. The day the reds were no where to be seen ,, steamin in aye rite.

Nacho scoring to win the league against hivs , after all we win it , we had to win that game they could not win their game . SO WE WON THE LEAGUE they never lost it, have to have something to lose it.

Big Marks two goals against the sheep, had a mate who i worked with and he played for them and was in their end at Ibrox and he told me , that he said to his brother Ramgers have won this game today. As he had never witnessed an atmosphere like it before a ball was kicked and ages to go to kick off.

First one can remember was 60/61 we won.

Superb post mate. As I said in the leave early poll, the support can make a huge difference! (Well, I didn't say it quite like that but...)

So many memories! 00000042.gif

Superb post mate. As I said in the leave early poll, the support can make a huge difference! (Well, I didn't say it quite like that but...)

So many memories! 00000042.gif

They are all very good and very different strangely enough ... suppose for me it was aberdeen 87 because it had been so long since we had won it and went from an unprecedented 5th place the previous season to the top of the pile in only 12 months :clap:

2009 was a big one as we hadn't won it for so long.

I've had different emotions from most of our title triumphs. 2003 & 2009 were a lot about relief as Celtic had been triumphing in successive years before those title triumphs where as 2011's title victory was a really big GIRFUY.

I was too young to fully appreciate any of the moments of 9IAR (tu)

Souness first title win at Pittodrie in 1987.

Having not seen us win the title for so long that win was very very sweet as it was the first one i could remember properly. Our last title win before that was in 1978 and i was only a nipper back then.

And it was the way it was won as well battling back from losing Souness who not for the first time got sent off and left us in the lurch. The image of Butcher bulleting that header home and the fans swamping the park at the final whistle was a memory that will last forever.

This. On my 18th birthday too. After 9 long years, thats a feeling I will never forget. Helicopter Sunday was good too, but Shitodrie is my personal best memory.

The first helicopter sunday when we played Hibs and Celtic lost 2.1 at Motherwell, with McDonald scoring twice. He was a Rangers hero that day. I'll always like that man no matter what he later did when he played for the East end shite. What an amazing day that was.

2003 when we beat Dunfermline 6.1 to beat their score, I think they won 4.0. Arteta ice ice cool with a last minute penalty.

Also, winning the title in 1999 at the Piggery. 1st time a title had been clinched by one half of the Old Firm at the others stadium, (loosely termed in their case). I was on holiday with an ex-girlfriend. That made my holiday. I fact that was the best thing about the holiday.

Helicopter Sunday - was outside Easter Road when the news came through - they opened the gates and I dived into the Rangers end and partied with the rest of the bears :21:

Also the 3-0 against Dundee Utd to stop their 4 in a row a few years back - great day!!

Every time we bet them at Ibrox, atmosphere is electric.

The Rangers v Inter Milan one, although it was a draw, that made us the first team to get through the group stages from Scotland, unbeatable.

Other than that, the one that sticks out for me was definitely Maritimo when it went to penalties.

2002/2003 for me.

Equal on points with the tarriers & 1 goal ahead going into the last game against Dunfermline. Was my 1st ever season as a season ticket holder in the club deck :D

Top 3:

1) 2002/2003

2) Original helicopter sunday

3) 8IAR against the sheep shaggers 3-0 (the gazza show)