Daniel Cousin or?

garycassidy1802

Daniel Cousin  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we signed him?

• Yes
    • No

Right, so a lot of people don't seem to be happy with the fact that we are looking to re-sign big Dan.

I personally believe that what Cousin is, is a big tall, strong, striker, with a decent-ish scoring record who can bully players out the game, exactly what we need, and I think he and Healy would be a decent front pairing in the short term in all honesty.

Our current options up front, taking away the injuries to Laff, Naisy and Hemmings, are Healy, Little and Kerkar? I'm shocked that anyone on here is knocking back any striker coming to us right now, even if he is much older and a bit less fit.

I'm looking at our current forwards goal tally's for this season, and wondering how Cousin would not be a step forward.

I want to know what the nae-sayers suggest to be an alternative option, simply keeping what we have and wallowing in the misery of not buying a striker on the past? Moving on and signing Cousin? Or ignoring Cousin, and signing some other free agent - and if the latter, what one?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to sign him. He is better than anything that we have available, and if he can play to the level that he was capable of before then he could certainly do a job for us. Once Laff is back, if Cousin does sign then I would be far more confident about winning the league with him rather than without him

I am not sure on this one at all, first time he was here he was a very good player. However this is 4 years later and since his time at Rangers he has played 75 games and scored 14 goals.

35 years of age who had a bad attitude at Rangers in 2008 which saw 2 red cards in his last few games plus a headbut on a United player which nowdays would result in an extended ban.

Happy to sign him. He is better than anything that we have available, and if he can play to the level that he was capable of before then he could certainly do a job for us. Once Laff is back, if Cousin does sign then I would be far more confident about winning the league with him rather than without him

Precisely, I think even if Cousin wasn't 100%, he'd be a worthwhile signing to sit on the bench and come on every game at the 75minute mark and bully tired defenders, I think he'd even be worth the risk for that, any extra body in the striking area I believe is a step forward, especially one in the shape of Cousin.

I am not sure on this one at all, first time he was here he was a very good player. However this is 4 years later and since his time at Rangers he has played 75 games and scored 14 goals.

35 years of age who had a bad attitude at Rangers in 2008 which saw 2 red cards in his last few games plus a headbut on a United player which nowdays would result in an extended ban.

Not an impressive record, I'll admit, but we need to remember where he went. Hull City while they were in the Premiership...

Without degrading the SPL, it is a bit harder to score for a struggling team in the Premiership.

Not an impressive record, I'll admit, but we need to remember where he went. Hull City while they were in the Premiership...

Without degrading the SPL, it is a bit harder to score for a struggling team in the Premiership.

Agree with the Hull point but 45 of those 75 games were for a Greek team who got relegated where he scored 10 goals.

Years Team Apps† (Gls)†

1997–1998 Martigues 36 (5)

1998–2000 Chamois Niortais 46 (5)

2000–2004 Le Mans 129 (44)

2004–2007 RC Lens 101 (26)

2007–2008 Rangers 28 (11)

2008–2010 Hull City 30 (4)

2010 → Larissa (loan) 9 (2)

2010–2011 Larissa 36 (8)

2011– Sapins

National team‡

2000– Gabon 30 (9)

I want to know what the nae-sayers suggest to be an alternative option, simply keeping what we have and wallowing in the misery of not buying a striker on the past?

As a nae-sayer(?), "wallowing in the misery" as you so elonquently put it :rolleyes: - we have clearly missed the boat when it comes to alternative options. We were screaming out during the Summer that we needed to strengthen in the forwards position.

That it has come to looking at 35 year old "freebie" to resolve our current situation now smacks of total desparation. :disappointment:

As a nae-sayer(?), "wallowing in the misery" as you so elonquently put it :rolleyes: - we have clearly missed the boat when it comes to alternative options. We were screaming out during the Summer that we needed to strengthen in the forwards position.

That it has come to looking at 35 year old "freebie" to resolve our current situation now smacks of total desparation. :disappointment:

I agree that we should have signed someone in January, I just think there are people saying "don't sign him", but the only alternative they are offering is time travelling to a transfer window to sign someone.

Realistically, we need a striker, so if people don't want Cousin, they could really state an alternative, otherwise, our alternative is our current squad, and crying into our cornflakes about having no strikers.

I agree that we should have signed someone in January, I just think there are people saying "don't sign him", but the only alternative they are offering is time travelling to a transfer window to sign someone.

Realistically, we need a striker, so if people don't want Cousin, they could really state an alternative, otherwise, our alternative is our current squad, and crying into our cornflakes about having no strikers.

If he is up to it, fine. sign him.

But we shouldn't be signing players to make up numbers, just out of desperation, we are wasting enough money on folk who aren't contributing.