Daniel Cousin or?

garycassidy1802

Daniel Cousin  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we signed him?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so a lot of people don't seem to be happy with the fact that we are looking to re-sign big Dan.

I personally believe that what Cousin is, is a big tall, strong, striker, with a decent-ish scoring record who can bully players out the game, exactly what we need, and I think he and Healy would be a decent front pairing in the short term in all honesty.

Our current options up front, taking away the injuries to Laff, Naisy and Hemmings, are Healy, Little and Kerkar? I'm shocked that anyone on here is knocking back any striker coming to us right now, even if he is much older and a bit less fit.

I'm looking at our current forwards goal tally's for this season, and wondering how Cousin would not be a step forward.

I want to know what the nae-sayers suggest to be an alternative option, simply keeping what we have and wallowing in the misery of not buying a striker on the past? Moving on and signing Cousin? Or ignoring Cousin, and signing some other free agent - and if the latter, what one?

Laffertys 2 weeks away from training n your talking bout a partnership with healy??

Laffertys 2 weeks away from training n your talking bout a partnership with healy??

You just said it yourself, two weeks away from training

Who's to say he's gonna come back and be 100% fit and firing on all cylinders? Who's to say he'll be match fit soon after two weeks?

Like I said, even if we could have Laff and Healy up front, I'd love Cousin on the bench, but I think either Laff or Cousin would be able to strike a partnership with Healy.

Could count on one hand the number of good games he had for us. Remember sitting at Firpark freezing in the winter and he wasn't interested and didn't even try and hide it. Sorry not for me

We need a striker and if it has to be Cousin then get him in.

It doesnt have to be. There are other players who could have been brought in on loan or free transfer but this is the best our scouting network and management can do. Fucking shambles!

It doesnt have to be. There are other players who could have been brought in on loan or free transfer but this is the best our scouting network and management can do. Fucking shambles!

Or give a youth chance? But it seems Ally would rather risk his job and the title on the services of a barely fit 35 year old with an attitude problem, than give a seventeen or eighteen year old a chance. Yet we're supposed to be reducing the wage bill. I personally have no idea whether the five youth strikers listed on the website are any good at all, they might be complete rubbish. But I suspect we'll never find out.

My personal feelings on this scraping the bottom of the barrel freebies like Cousin are that it can't get much more embarrassing for us right now... I hate to say it but the mhanks are Playing very well at the moment, they cannot only put a strong team on the park but the strength they had on the bench last night worries me, look at our bench on Sunday.... This is pissing me off Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal feelings on this scraping the bottom of the barrel freebies like Cousin are that it can't get much more embarrassing for us right now... I hate to say it but the mhanks are Playing very well at the moment, they cannot only put a strong team on the park but the strength they had on the bench last night worries me, look at our bench on Sunday.... This is pissing me off Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were playing very well at the start of the season with the same bunch of players minus Naisy and Jelavic, they were playing shocking football with the same bunch of players.

They might yet hit another bad streak of form while we can only get better from what we have been this last week.

You can either sit there fucking depressed or look at things with a more optimistic viewpoint.

It’s only 4 points and we still have to play them at Ibrox where we fucking destroyed them last time.

We were playing very well at the start of the season with the same bunch of players minus Naisy and Jelavic, they were playing shocking football with the same bunch of players.

They might yet hit another bad streak of form while we can only get better from what we have been this last week.

You can either sit there fucking depressed or look at things with a more optimistic viewpoint.

It’s only 4 points and we still have to play them at Ibrox where we fucking destroyed them last time.

Depressed yes, that's for sure but only because I can see this for what it is at the moment,,,as for the scum now playing with the same bunch, can't really go along with you on that one, at this moment all the papers and radio pundits keep telling us is that they could lose any player in any position and have like for like waiting to replace them... When are we gonnae wake up and smell the coffee

We were playing very well at the start of the season with the same bunch of players minus Naisy and Jelavic,

Would disagree with this. We have played maybe 5 good games all season and 3 of them were after Naisy got insured. Our early season form was poor but we managed to scrape wins and get through games. I said on here we couldnt have performances like those continue and keep winning for much longer. Look how that turned out.

For us to win this league would take the biggest turnaround in form ever for both clubs. Signing a lazy 35 year old isn't going to make one bit of difference.

as for the scum now playing with the same bunch, can't really go along with you on that one, at this moment all the papers and radio pundits keep telling us is that they could lose any player in any position and have like for like waiting to replace them... When are we gonnae wake up and smell the coffee

Eh?

Why not or are you saying these are different players to the ones that started the season? As I am aware they are virtually the same bunch who lost to Rangers, Hearts, St Johnston and drew to Kilmarnock ect.

They are on a good run yes as we were at the start of the season…it’s only 4 points for fuck sake.

We beat them at Ibrox and that is 1 point, it’s hardly a lead that cannot be clawed back is it?

If you choose to listen to the radio and papers then god help you

Would disagree with this. We have played maybe 5 good games all season and 3 of them were after Naisy got insured. Our early season form was poor but we managed to scrape wins and get through games. I said on here we couldnt have performances like those continue and keep winning for much longer. Look how that turned out.

For us to win this league would take the biggest turnaround in form ever for both clubs. Signing a lazy 35 year old isn't going to make one bit of difference.

This stuff has been said time and time again in recent years.

In 08/09, 09/10 and 10/11 we were all told we could not win it and then true to form Celtic bottled it in the final hurdles where we kept out nerve and came out as champions.

Give up hope if you like but there's plenty of football to be played and 4 points is hardly clear ground.

Eh?

Why not or are you saying these are different players to the ones that started the season? As I am aware they are virtually the same bunch who lost to Rangers, Hearts, St Johnston and drew to Kilmarnock ect.

They are on a good run yes as we were at the start of the season…it’s only 4 points for fuck sake.

We beat them at Ibrox and that is 1 point, it’s hardly a lead that cannot be clawed back is it?

If you choose to listen to the radio and papers then god help you

Nope got to agree with Jorgas piece above played probably 5 good games all season even with Naisy and Jella.... Scraped an awful lot of games,,, I'm all for the optimistic outlook but not blindly!!!!!!!

I'm guessing the 80% YES voters didn't see how fat he has got in the African Nations Cup recently? Kris Boyd must be fuming if we dingy'd him as a free agent with all the shite that was flung his way for leaving, and instead went for this carthorse who left with more bad blood than boydie... "Hull are better than Rangers"

Be careful for what you wish for!

There has to be better options even closer to home? Get a grip scouts.