Daniel Cousin or?

garycassidy1802

Daniel Cousin  

271 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if we signed him?

• Yes
    • No

If he is up to it, fine. sign him.

But we shouldn't be signing players to make up numbers, just out of desperation, we are wasting enough money on folk who aren't contributing.

Given the current situation, I believe he would be either starting or coming off the bench every game.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing a 35 year-old Daniel Cousin on the say so of his taig agent. What the fuck do we have a six strong management/scouting team for?

Hopefully we go back to the McLeish days of signing every player on McKays books.

I agree that we should have signed someone in January,

That's not what I said - we were short of attacking options from the start of the season, and desperately needed a forward signed then. It has now came back big time to bite us right in the arse.

We've 13 games left, with 1 trophy still to play for and now resorted to this. :disappointment:

Mixed emotions over Cousin, he's a guy who could clearly have been a great player but for me is just a lazy fuck who never lived up to potential, anywhere. He's 35 years old, he's just fulfilled what I imagine was a lifetimes dream of playing for Gabon in their own place in the African thing, and you have to wonder how much his heart is in it, apart to make another buck. He was far from fit in the ANC and at 35 getting and staying fit is a lot harder.

On the other hand, he might just add the battering ram up front and fit into our ridiculous desire to play long ball shite. But it shows how desperate things are if anyone is excited to see him back.

That's not what I said - we were short of attacking options from the start of the season, and desperately needed a forward signed then. It has now came back big time to bite us right in the arse.

We've 13 games left, with 1 trophy still to play for and now resorted to this. :disappointment:

Exactly!

That’s the thing, since Miller left this time last year we have been short up front and never replaced him. What we have done is let Jelavic and Beattie go too, so that’s 3 strikers out the door and 0 coming in which whatever way you look at it is very poor from Rangers.

January was another wasteful effort in losing out on the Pole to Celtic and then trying to sign a player who was not for sale…you have to wonder what exactly we have been doing for more than a year in terms of our front line.

Cousin is not the answer and many I feel are thinking this guy is just going to warp in to our team straight from 2008 when he was at his peak as a player.

We must be able to do better than this. Cousin has done nothing for years, and had a questionable approach when he did.

This looks much more like a kneejerk sop to the fans. Back to the future.

Too little and much too late IMO.

If we're going to gamble, then let it be on someone younger.

At the rate we're going, Ally will be player/manager soon.

We must be able to do better than this. Cousin has done nothing for years, and had a questionable approach when he did.

This looks much more like a kneejerk sop to the fans. Back to the future.

Too little and much too late IMO.

If we're going to gamble, then let it be on someone younger.

At the rate we're going, Ally will be player/manager soon.

For Ally though, I think this is the 'safe' option, looking at someone he knows rather than sign someone he doesnt know. Whether thats going to prove to be great business or come back to haunt him, only time will tell but theres a part of me that understands why he would do that with the pressure he's under now, albeit a lot of it of his own making. But then there is that part of me that just wants to scream. Very loudly.