Has anyone changed their mind about Whyte today?

Thermopylae

We seem to be separated into 2 camps these days ... one pro-Whyte and the other anti-Whyte and I'm just wondering how many have moved to the latter because of this PAYE fiasco? I have to say this is just criminal behaviour and I don't want my club anywhere near that sort of thing.

I was even watching this and thinking why does someone who is working with the case all day every day need notes to make a short statement about it <cr>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yys4-oiWmCQ&feature=related

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be sapperated into 2 camps these days ... one pro-Whyte and the other anti-Whyte and I'm just wondering how many have moved to the latter because of this PAYE fiasco? I have to say this is just criminal behaviour and I don't want my club anywhere near that sort of thing.

I was even watching this and thinking why does someone who is working with the case all day every day need notes to make a short statement about it <cr>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yys4-oiWmCQ&feature=related

My Mind is as it was when he took over , didnt want him , dont want him , but there is nothing I could or can do , I just hope we survive this .

I actually supported him until i found out he had not paid circa 9m in PAYE and NI since he took over, which leads me to suggest administration was his end game all along.

Now i dont have an issue with the administration side of things as such if thats what needs doing given what he inherited, however not to pay NI and PAYE since the takeover is an absolute clusterfuck of a situation given we are already being bent over by HMRC for previous in relation to unpaid tax.

you take over a club> you make yourself the main creditor> you take as much out the club so it's untouchable in administration> you don't pay bills you can delay so they are reduced in administration/written off in liquidation> the club goes into administration> as main creditor you get the majority of money left - out> remaining creditor companies decide to accept a lesser deal on the money owed> they agree -they get paid far less than owed- the club continues as is> they refuse, the clubs gets liquidated> the remaining sellables are bought under Whytes new company registered as The Rangers FC> there's nothing left so HMRC are left pissing in the wind> the new Rangers gets the money pumped into it from Whytes crediting company that has held all cash taken out prior to administration.

The best we can hope for.

after what ive seen today with not paying tax for a year is a fuckin disgrace and iam starting to despise the man. This man needs to come out and tell us, from the day he tookover where is the 20 million in season ticket money he mortgaged,the 9million in unpaid tax money is and also the 5.5million from the sale of jelavic!! :angry::anguish:

Up until today I was remaining neutral BUT the news today is swinging me against him. (oh r missus) If he has deliberately withheld the tax that is criminal and IF he has paid for the 18M with 'my' ticket money I would come to despise him!

So the fact he hasn't paid any tax since he arrived is ok then?

No, but that 49 to 75m looming over the club are not his fault. Also, if it was just 9m, we couldve handle that pretty well, i think. Unfortunately, its a lot worse than that. And i think he made a good decision for the club today. Time will tell if he was right or not, but the fact is, we are in administration now and we have no other choise but to trust the man and hope he knows what hes doing.

I am yet to be convinced his sights are on anything other than liquidation. Very little money of his own -if any- spent, and Andrew Ellis, the property developer, creeping into the equation again. Actually, did we ever get to the bottom of who bought up the various Rangers names?

I couldnt care less about the HMRC and the PAYE they are owed.

If you accept not paying the big tax bill but all of a sudden get a conscious for the PAYE, then thats just being a hypocrite.

They never gave us any room to move so they deserve all they get which hopefully will be sweet f.all.

"The timing of the appointment of administrators is especially surprising given two facts.

"Firstly, there has been no decision, and there is no present indication as to the timing of a decision, from the first-tier tax tribunal concerning the potential claim from HMRC of £36.5m excluding interest and penalties.

"Secondly, legal opinion on the strength of the club's case remains favourable."

Murray says his Murray International Holdings Limited company sold its 85% controlling shareholding in Rangers to Whyte "in good faith" on May 6.

He has revealed how he wrote to the club's new owner in August to seek assurances that a number of obligations imposed as part of the sale were being met and eventually received assurances from Whyte in January.

Murray also claims he is still awaiting a response from Whyte after requesting further clarity following recent speculation regarding the club's finances

FFS , ma brain is fried ,also how the fuck does cw get the figure of 75 mill , if its not even been decided yet , I also cant see penalties and interest on 36.5 mill be 38.5 mill