VB statement re Whyte

StudsLonniegan

... and yet again you avoid the question - oh and my wee mate Alex is extreley supportive of Rangers!!!!

Sad sad sad if you really believe that. Can't wait until the day that little bastard is out of here.

What ever happened to his three salaries you know one for Westminster, one for that joke in Edinburgh and one for being the first prick.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what other option did they have?

Seriously? Maybe they could have tried?

See, thats a problem for me, it looks likely that one will waltz in and pretend to be a hero, when, in reality, any of the names linked have been watching for 3-4 years as we go down the pan, and, will be enjoying the current situation as it saves them a buck. They more than likely want liquidation more than anyone. Regardless of Whyte, that sickens me, and, will do moreso if its one of the old board.

Seriously? Maybe they could have tried?

See, thats a problem for me, it looks likely that one will waltz in and pretend to be a hero, when, in reality, any of the names linked have been watching for 3-4 years as we go down the pan, and, will be enjoying the current situation as it saves them a buck. They more than likely want liquidation more than anyone. Regardless of Whyte, that sickens me, and, will do moreso if its one of the old board.

tried what?

Craig Whyte would come to you, get the money from you to pay for him to fix his 3 wheel van before he can start the job, then he'd borrow your van, then borrow slates off your neighbours roof to fix your roof, then he'd charge you for the use of your own van, then AJ would come along and tell you there was nothing wrong with your roof in the first place (meanwhile drinking your coffee). Meantime, Bain would be upstairs banging your wife....

Damn you experts and your legal mumbo jumbo.......

Very predictable, how about.... something?

Who knows, cleared some debt? Everything different than the current situation? Made an offer for the club?

Are you happy they just sat on their hands, watching things unfold?

they did no less than anyone other than whyte who did what I said originally.

if the rule is we don't want anyone who didn't rescue us previously then its whyte or bust.

i would prefer bust.

this argument they did nothing is banal. it applies to all but one of 7 billion people and he shafted us and stole money.

Craig Whyte would come to you, get the money from you to pay for him to fix his 3 wheel van before he can start the job, then he'd borrow your van, then borrow slates off your neighbours roof to fix your roof, then he'd charge you for the use of your own van, then AJ would come along and tell you there was nothing wrong with your roof in the first place (meanwhile drinking your coffee). Meantime, Bain would be upstairs banging your wife....

Good read and very factual!! Until the last line ! If you saw my wife you would know why that line has to be a step to far..

if the rule is we don't want anyone who didn't rescue us previously then its whyte or bust.

i would prefer bust.

this argument they did nothing is banal. it applies to all but one of 7 billion people and he shafted us and stole money.

....and The Good Sir David? What of him?

i would prefer bust.

You're missing the point entirely or just being obtuse.

Paul Murray, Dave King, AJ were all in the box seat to help the club. Not one of them or anyone other than Whyte showed any appetite to take on the Club and its problems.

In fact the old board warned us about him. The thing is, they were so worried they never bothered their shirts in putting together an alternative package. That speaks volumes.

You're missing the point entirely or just being obtuse.

Paul Murray, Dave King, AJ were all in the box seat to help the club. Not one of them or anyone other than Whyte showed any appetite to take on the Club and its problems.

In fact the old board warned us about him. The thing is, they were so worried they never bothered their shirts in putting together an alternative package. That speaks volumes.

so they didn't take on murrays mess and they didn't make an offer(they did BTW)

that's the argument against them is it?

so they didn't take on murrays mess and they didn't make an offer(they did BTW)

that's the argument against them is it?

I'm no David Murray fan but he belittled the "offer" as being written on a paper napkin or something similar.

Is your point of view that no-one could've or should've taken on Murray's mess?

It's a fair enough point if it is. I don't suppose much would've changed had Whyte not come in. Bain would be earning £500k and LBG would've been suffocating the life out of us after McCoist's failure in Europe.

At least the PAYE and VAT would've been paid I suppose whilst we waited for the tax case result.

I'm no David Murray fan but he belittled the "offer" as being written on a paper napkin or something similar.

It's a fair enough point if it is. I don't suppose much would've changed had Whyte not come in. Bain would be earning £500k and LBG would've been suffocating the life out of us after McCoist's failure in Europe.

At least the PAYE and VAT would've been paid I suppose whilst we waited for the tax case result.

that's my view yes.

Just to nail this LBG suffocating the life out of nonsense, I wish people would understand that Lloyds actions were purely down to us not being able to operate in an agreed overdraft. If any fan out there has a £1000 overdraft with any bank and every month before getting paid they're up to £800 or £900, do the bank turn around and say "aw fukk it, go and buy that telly for £900 and dont worry your ass about your overdraft"

Lloyds told the club in no uncertain terms that we would not be allowed to breach the £15m. We had to cut our expenses. We did cut our expenses. We paid off all our trade debt with CL money. We paid off our overdraft with CL money. And we got ourselves in a position where Lloyds overdraft was suddenly manageable.

Of course they wouldnt have sanctioned a £5m purchase, but under the old Board/Lloyds partnership, we would not be in administration today. We would not have sold 4 years of season tickets. We would not owe HMRC £15m. We would not have been dragged through the courts for the past 9 months by all and sundry. We would not have sold a piece of history for £200k. We would not be 20 fukkin points behind Sellic. We would not be a fukkin laughing stock.

No. All of that is down to Craig Whyte. Youre another one that needs a boot up the arse to wake you up (tu)

Just to nail this LBG suffocating the life out of nonsense, I wish people would understand that Lloyds actions were purely down to us not being able to operate in an agreed overdraft. If any fan out there has a £1000 overdraft with any bank and every month before getting paid they're up to £800 or £900, do the bank turn around and say "aw fukk it, go and buy that telly for £900 and dont worry your ass about your overdraft"

Lloyds told the club in no uncertain terms that we would not be allowed to breach the £15m. We had to cut our expenses. We did cut our expenses. We paid off all our trade debt with CL money. We paid off our overdraft with CL money. And we got ourselves in a position where Lloyds overdraft was suddenly manageable.

Of course they wouldnt have sanctioned a £5m purchase, but under the old Board/Lloyds partnership, we would not be in administration today. We would not have sold 4 years of season tickets. We would not owe HMRC £15m. We would not have been dragged through the courts for the past 9 months by all and sundry. We would not have sold a piece of history for £200k. We would not be 20 fukkin points behind Sellic. We would not be a fukkin laughing stock.

No. All of that is down to Craig Whyte. Youre another one that needs a boot up the arse to wake you up (tu)

Calm yourself down. You'll not read one adoring post about Whyte from me on here and I never commented on him at the takeover. I've consistently said that I'll wait for the administrator's written report. You see, I like to have the facts before going mental.

You're quite incorrect about the LBG situation. They were desperate for their money back even more so because of the tax case.

With McCoist failing in Europe we'd be running at a circa £10m loss. This would've meant player sales to cover the shortfall as LBG would not allow any further debts. I remember reading we had agreed to bring the overdraft down by £1m per year so theoretically we'd need to sell players and make other cuts to cover McCoist's £10m failure.

I have no real issue with LBG, they were doing what was right for them and the Club was being suffocated after over a decade of insane business planning.

You could kick me all day long and I'd still blame David Murray for the mess RFC are in today.

Calm yourself down. You'll not read one adoring post about Whyte from me on here and I never commented on him at the takeover. I've consistently said that I'll wait for the administrator's written report. You see, I like to have the facts before going mental.

You're quite incorrect about the LBG situation. They were desperate for their money back even more so because of the tax case.

With McCoist failing in Europe we'd be running at a circa £10m loss. This would've meant later sales to cover the shortfall as LBG would not allow any further debts. I remember reading we had agreed to bring the overdraft down by £1m per year so theoretically we'd need to sell players and make other cuts to cover McCoist's £10m failure.

I have no real issue with LBG, they were doing what was right for them and the Club was being suffocated after over a decade of insane business planning.

Im not incorrect about the LBG situation at all. Of course they wanted their money back, but that wasnt the point being made. They had no right to get their £18m back. If we were operating in our own cash whilst paying the capital and interest at the agreed rate, then Lloyds could have done diddly squat about the £18m as it was a Long Term Fixed Loan. (tu)

Its funny you say you like to have facts, but then ignore them to spout shite (tu)

You could kick me all day long and I'd still blame David Murray for the mess RFC are in today.

Indeed, the origin of today's problems lie with David Murray.

EBTs, the big tax case, the wee tax case, Martin Bain, LBG, selling to Craig Whyte.

All roads lead back to David Murray.

IF we win the tax case or even IF we get a judgement that is south of £10m then a lot of the blame currently on Murrays shoulders(and let me be clear im not excusing him at all) would be lifted.

The one thing he then CAN take the blame for is allowing that RAT into our club. (tu)

Im not incorrect about the LBG situation at all. Of course they wanted their money back, but that wasnt the point being made. They had no right to get their £18m back. If we were operating in our own cash whilst paying the capital and interest at the agreed rate, then Lloyds could have done diddly squat about the £18m as it was a Long Term Fixed Loan. (tu)

Its funny you say you like to have facts, but then ignore them to spout shite (tu)

Really? Have you seen the LBG credit agreement? Do you know the finer details of it?

Walter Smith was unequivocal - "LBG are running the club".

An overdraft doesn't give the bank the right to run a business.

You're quite clearly the one spouting shite.