Do we deserve more punishment than we're getting?

Ryan_1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is that, you as a rangers fan are displaying a staggering ignorance of this hole situation, that is why you are being treated like a Tim . All the answers your are looking for are on this site and others therefore, stop spouting Tim shit and research this issue. <cr>

The only thing any right minded Rangers Supporter should be worried about is our survival. Not oh other fans think we should be punished more. Fuck everybody else, and worry about ourselves. God knows our club is being kicked up and down the place ATM, but when we get ourselves out of this mess, and back on an even keel, I expect us to be revitalised, ruthless and show no mercy to our enemies who are kicking us when were down, but we will be back by god and I can't fuckin wait WATP.

Hmrc are the experts???? Fuck off it took them 4 attempts to get my tax code right. Sorry nice try declan

HMRC is Shite: Dedicated to the taxpayers of Britain, and the employees of Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs who have to endure the monumental shambles that is HMRC.

They are lamentably poor.

The questions raised in the thread do have merit, but it should probably have been left until such times as we had actually been found guilty of doing anything which gave us an unfair advantage over our rivals. As of now we have been deducted ten points as per the SPL rules regarding administration.

Major kudos to you for getting the usual section of the board hot under the collar. :D

The only thing any right minded Rangers Supporter should be worried about is our survival. Not oh other fans think we should be punished more. Fuck everybody else, and worry about ourselves. God knows our club is being kicked up and down the place ATM, but when we get ourselves out of this mess, and back on an even keel, I expect us to be revitalised, ruthless and show no mercy to our enemies who are kicking us when were down, but we will be back by god and I can't fuckin wait WATP.

Well said, on a day when we have been waiting for players/staff to be made redundant this is the last type of thread I want to read, and after I post this I will not be reading any more.

Rangers as a club have been punished more than harshly.

The people who should be punished both fiscally and personally are the people who got the club into this mess NOT Rangers football club.

People are going to loose their jobs over this, not just the players. Honest, hard working people who have given years of service behind the scenes at Ibrox.

Dont you think this is punishment enough

Seeing as we've been the brightest light in the history of Scottish football, I don't think so.

Such though, is the insular, backstabbing, totally two-faced, prejudiced, ignorant, backwater, inbred..."I've been brought up to hate the Rangers" thinking by some in Scottish footballing society and Scottish society in general, that I fear for us.

I'm looking at the likes of you Jim Spence, who've been nothing other than spiteful toward our plight. Comments, blogs, articles...you can't wait to see our demise and even when you force the Motherwell Chief Executive into answering a question about Gers survival that she was seeking to avoid, she admitted her club needed Rangers and your on air huff was evident.

But still you go on with your predjudiced poison that's full of zero facts and 100% bias.

Be careful what you wish for...you and your ilk.

You just might get it.

Then you'll laugh...for maybe a year...and then watch as Scottish football goes down the pan.

"This club is by all means a trading business"

As opposed to what? A business that doesn't carry out trade?

"Would any other working business be given the leeway we have got over the years"

Yes

"or even given the opportunity to do what we may have done?"

54 league titles? Few have done this.

"I'm no businessman"

I'm shocked

"not even close"

You jest.

"but even I can see that most businesses would probably have went bankrupt and went out of business if they were in our situation"

You're either bankrupt or you're not

"I can see why we have been given some leeway by HMRC."

No we haven't

"You can also point a large part of the blame on HMRC for letting us get into this mess"

No we can't

It would be hard to say since no other club has been under the amount of scrutiny that we have in the last few months. For example if the SFA accepted the documents for the takeover, who knows what they missed with other clubs. Hearts have had players not paid in a timely manner but I haven't seen any inquest into that. Details about our tax case has been leaked, which is illegal and newspapers have blown the situation out of control to sell newspapers.

The rules for going into administration were in place at the start of the season ( deduction of 10 points ) so this is fair and just. No other penalties or punishments have been applied to the club nor can there be.

The rules for obtaining a European licence were also in place at the start of the season and if by the end of the month we are still in administration or have failed to lodge audit accounts as required and a licence is withheld, this will also be fair and just.

I fail to see any other penalties the club has had (or are likely to have) given our current situation.

Whatever way we come out of administration will determine if further penalties will apply, and until such times as this actually happens this is only idle speculation.

In answer to original question NO, we do not. A couple of reasions why?

This "cheating" accustation is a total farce. Titles were not won by cheating they were won by having a better team with more points at the end of the season, as simple as that. How did we pay for that team? Well a combination of things, ENIC money , private investors sweet talked by Minty, more regular European football and in 2004 or something we were supposed to be £85M in debt. Murray announced a share option, that nobody wanted to buy remember, and declared he had wiped £50M off the debt from his own pocket. Did he really ? Maybe he moved debt around between his MIM companies, who knows, but basically the Advocaat era debt was mostly caught up in this. Extremely poor business decisions since then, remember making our own kit that wasn't available anywhere to buy etc? and wasteful purchases or high wage bosmans on duff players, J Rod ,Pierre Fan Fan, Emerson, James Beattie etc....... that wasn't cheap. So we cheated feck all .....end of. Buy high sell low or let walk away for feck all seemed to be the order of the day.

This EBT thing is another farce,. I remember reading over a year ago in a national paper that had a headline to the effect of "Wayne Rooney pays less tax than a milkman" or something like that. The gist of the artice was that he gets paid a low wage by Man Utd and the rest goes to offshore trusts badged up as image rights and stuff. (because he's so handsome his image rights are worth a fortune presumably...lol) When he wants a house or a Wayne Rover, he takes a loan from this trust. Sound familar? Article was saying how it was immoral that he pays less tax, as a percentage, than the average Briton on a wage, and that this loophole needs looked at as it was rife in the English Premiership.

No the real question is, why are we being singled out? Who wants this, Dr John Scum and his cronies for example?...... The club could go out of business and yet nothing has actually been proven one way or the other. How much retrospective creative accounting will be going on around the country while HMRC are focusing solely on us. Thats the real question for me...................and lets vow to remember them all, all the gloaters, all the cheshire cats...

In answer to original question NO, we do not. A couple of reasions why?

This "cheating" accustation is a total farce. Titles were not won by cheating they were won by having a better team with more points at the end of the season, as simple as that. How did we pay for that team? Well a combination of things, ENIC money , private investors sweet talked by Minty, more regular European football and in 2004 or something we were supposed to be £85M in debt. Murray announced a share option, that nobody wanted to buy remember, and declared he had wiped £50M off the debt from his own pocket. Did he really ? Maybe he moved debt around between his MIM companies, who knows, but basically the Advocaat era debt was mostly caught up in this. Extremely poor business decisions since then, remember making our own kit that wasn't available anywhere to buy etc? and wasteful purchases or high wage bosmans on duff players, J Rod ,Pierre Fan Fan, Emerson, James Beattie etc....... that wasn't cheap. So we cheated feck all .....end of. Buy high sell low or let walk away for feck all seemed to be the order of the day.

This EBT thing is another farce,. I remember reading over a year ago in a national paper that had a headline to the effect of "Wayne Rooney pays less tax than a milkman" or something like that. The gist of the artice was that he gets paid a low wage by Man Utd and the rest goes to offshore trusts badged up as image rights and stuff. (because he's so handsome his image rights are worth a fortune presumably...lol) When he wants a house or a Wayne Rover, he takes a loan from this trust. Sound familar? Article was saying how it was immoral that he pays less tax, as a percentage, than the average Briton on a wage, and that this loophole needs looked at as it was rife in the English Premiership.

No the real question is, why are we being singled out? Who wants this, Dr John Scum and his cronies for example?...... The club could go out of business and yet nothing has actually been proven one way or the other. How much retrospective creative accounting will be going on around the country while HMRC are focusing solely on us. Thats the real question for me...................and lets vow to remember them all, all the gloaters, all the cheshire cats...

I for one will never ever forget them .

When we get out of this mess ,and we will we should make them all aware we know who they are .

Starting with the child molesters in the East End.

Scum.With their stinking Provo chants .Dundee utd EX Players who dont stand up for the Club that made them.

We know them all.

Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea et al have all won trophies using money they don't have. Running up massive debts in the pursuit of glory. Is this any different? When oneill was manager of sellick they had debts of £40M(ish). The couldn't afford Larssons 40k per week, but they still paid it.

I know the whole EBT scheme sounds very dodgy and the SFA/UEFA may have something to say if there is evidence of registration irregularities. But, we won the trophies as fairly as Barcelona won theirs.