The Players Who Stopped The Deal

boss

There are no deferrals, and the cuts will be in place until we come out of administration. So it's possible the players could be on reduced wages from now until July/August.

While I can sympathise with the players who are being asked to take a massive wage cut and fully understand that with higher wages comes higher financial obligations e.g. higher mortgages, finance deals etc. I feel they should be open and honest about it if they feel they can't afford to accept such huge reductions in earnings. Let's face it, it wouldn't be the first time a high earner had money troubles.

As for the names of those alluded to in the OP, none of us can be 100% positive about any of them, so accusing them by name is wrong. People already seem to have made up their minds on the guilty parties without any evidence that they are involved.

(tu) I know it's not on the same scale but when I was laid off my mortgage and bills didn't disappear. I was told, sell your house move etc. but the economy today means that may not be possible either. Wage cuts are not always for just one pay period as future earnings can be based on the cut rate it can affect your whole working life.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that grinds with me is the time, money and effort we have spent on two lengthy lay offs for Naismith where the club fully supported him in his recovery. :disappointment:

His name is the most surprising thing to come out of all of this.

That's my point. They could quite easily refuse the cut, pick up a nice redundancy package and swan off down to England and get a contract with a club down there. Instead they are willing to lose 50% of their wages so that the club can keep then until the summer and maybe get a transfer fee out of them.

as with any type of company in administration there is no money for redundancy payments so employee has to claim government for payment which is max £400 per week for every year employed. keep the bentley in petrol for a week.i went through all this 6 months ago(not the bentley bit)wage cut and a 4 day week,learnt to live on it ,unfortunatey made redundant but tried our best to bail company out,some of these players need a reality check.

I'm probably breaking a confidence but trying to justify to myself that I'm really just bending the line as far as I can. This has come from the insolvency guru that has explained much to me in recent days. This is what I was told – believe it or dismiss it as you wish.

Hopefully word will filter through to those that need told that there are no secrets, there are no discussions that will forever remain private if Rangers do collapse. The players did not take us to this point but the supporters have a right to know which players may be about to hit the first blow in the last nail.

An agreement had been reached in principle for the 75:50:25 wage cuts.

Then two of our highest paid players, both out injured just now, told the Administrators that their wage cut should only be 50% as they couldn't earn win bonuses. This despite picking up their full wages to date while on the sick and not being able to kick a ball in achieving those wins. The Administrators were angered that they were backtracking on the agreement and were ready to make them redundant and implement the agreement among the other players.

Then a third, highly paid, player met with the Administrators and demanded that a £1m release clause be inserted in his contract in case "he didn't like the new owners". Clearly that was impossible for the Administrators to agree to – they would be writing £2m off an asset, all for the sake of saving about £300k in wages from that player between now and the summer.

A fourth player decided that he could only now afford a 50% cut as he had cars to finance and debts to pay.

It was following these discussions that the Administrators decided that an early sale may be preferable to what was beginning to look like the decimation in the value of the squad if four of our biggest assets were made redundant.

Compare and contrast the attitudes of those four players, three of whom are massive Rangers fans, with two other players. It has been well documented that one highly paid player offered to play for nothing. That is correct. What isn't well known is that another senior player decided that he's made enough money from football/Rangers and that he would be prepared to walk away with nothing and probably retire.

If in the next 24 hours there is no sign of a quick sale being possible, and there is no change of heart from these senior players, there will probably be massive redundancies.

If Rangers do not complete their matches this season, the hypocrisy of those players will never be forgotten. Indeed their intransigence may have already engendered the sale to a newco and liquidation of the current company.

I know deep down that I have broken a confidence and lost a source but I had no choice.

LOL and you have the nerve to critisise some of my threads - shit stirring at its worst - especially if you wont name the players - all innuendo and rumour as far as I am concerned. For some reason people expect better of you on here - BUT this is hardly a unity thread!! Sometimes it is just better to keep quiet - this is one of those times where your judgement is flawed and you should have kept it to yourself - or named the players! Players not allowed secrets BUT posters allowed annonimity to post pish on internet forums - don't you just love the world!

Funny you said I was attention seeking when I started a light hearted thread today - (while this is slightly out of context but as it represents betrayal I would just like to say ) "Et tu, Brute? "

LOL and you have the nerve to critisise some of my threads - shit stirring at its worst - especially if you wont name the players - all innuendo and rumour as far as I am concerned. For some reason people expect better of you on here - BUT this is hardly a unity thread!! Sometimes it is just better to keep quiet - this is one of those times where your judgement is flawed and you should have kept it to yourself - or named the players! Players not allowed secrets BUT posters allowed annonimity to post pish on internet forums - don't you just love the world!

Funny you said I was attention seeking when I started a light hearted thread today - (while this is slightly out of context but as it represents betrayal I would just like to say ) "Et tu, Brute? "

Thanks for your input. I'm sorry that you've spat the dummy. (tu)

i will name and shame them for boss.

the first 2 players are whitts and naisy.

the third player is steven davis.

the forth player is lafferty

the player who said he has made enough and would walk away and maybe retire is lee mcculloch

Disapponting that our Captain is responsible (if true) Time for Bocanegra to be given the job - or even Big Lee for the remainder of the season! My head is done in with all of this. It's like taking a well loved pet to the vet thinking it will be put out of it's mysery only to be told, not today, but might be tomorrow or the next day!! Please for all our sanities get this mess sorted once and for all. If liquidation is the only way out so be it. We will rebuild and come back!

I present to you player number 1. :lol:

j/k

Sack any player who doesn't want to accept these deals for the greater good. No person is bigger than the club. How many times in the past have we sold a player and thought how are we going to replace him? Next thing you know we have a new hero.

If it is sasa and lee who will play for nothing or retire then :praise: :praise: :praise:

I thought administrators were supposed to be ruthless?

If they offered a deal and certain players refused then release them.

exactly. anyone who nieces this is the whole story is a moron.

boss is asking us to believe the admins turned down 950k a month in savings.

Sack any player who doesn't want to accept these deals for the greater good. No person is bigger than the club. How many times in the past have we sold a player and thought how are we going to replace him? Next thing you know we have a new hero.

If it is sasa and lee who will play for nothing or retire then :praise: :praise: :praise:

You can't sack someone for not taking a Voluntary pay reduction, however, they can now choose to make them redundant as a cost cutting measure.

I thought administrators were supposed to be ruthless?

If they offered a deal and certain players refused then release them.

they are trying to hold on to the assets they have , get rid and you have to pay more in pay offs.. to say that i am fucked off with our captain if true .. a true blue all his life???? aye right bud

I’m probably breaking a confidence but trying to justify to myself that I’m really just bending the line as far as I can. This has come from the insolvency guru that has explained much to me in recent days. This is what I was told – believe it or dismiss it as you wish.

Hopefully word will filter through to those that need told that there are no secrets, there are no discussions that will forever remain private if Rangers do collapse. The players did not take us to this point but the supporters have a right to know which players may be about to hit the first blow in the last nail.

An agreement had been reached in principle for the 75:50:25 wage cuts.

Then two of our highest paid players, both out injured just now, told the Administrators that their wage cut should only be 50% as they couldn’t earn win bonuses. This despite picking up their full wages to date while on the sick and not being able to kick a ball in achieving those wins. The Administrators were angered that they were backtracking on the agreement and were ready to make them redundant and implement the agreement among the other players.

Then a third, highly paid, player met with the Administrators and demanded that a £1m release clause be inserted in his contract in case “he didn’t like the new owners”. Clearly that was impossible for the Administrators to agree to – they would be writing £2m off an asset, all for the sake of saving about £300k in wages from that player between now and the summer.

A fourth player decided that he could only now afford a 50% cut as he had cars to finance and debts to pay.

It was following these discussions that the Administrators decided that an early sale may be preferable to what was beginning to look like the decimation in the value of the squad if four of our biggest assets were made redundant.

Compare and contrast the attitudes of those four players, three of whom are massive Rangers fans, with two other players. It has been well documented that one highly paid player offered to play for nothing. That is correct. What isn’t well known is that another senior player decided that he’s made enough money from football/Rangers and that he would be prepared to walk away with nothing and probably retire.

If in the next 24 hours there is no sign of a quick sale being possible, and there is no change of heart from these senior players, there will probably be massive redundancies.

If Rangers do not complete their matches this season, the hypocrisy of those players will never be forgotten. Indeed their intransigence may have already engendered the sale to a newco and liquidation of the current company.

I know deep down that I have broken a confidence and lost a source but I had no choice.

Whittaker/Naismith/Lafferty and Davis?Shagger?

would my between the lines reading be anywhere close?

My only problem with you not naming names is the tarring of the innocent along with the possible guilty. Realistically and something I learned, where money is involved, everyone will look out for themselves when push comes to shove. Loyalty in the workforce, no matter what profession, is long gone.

(tu):h34rt:

I won't explicitly name the players. Also, I expect the players to vehemently deny these stories for ever and a day. It's their hypocrisy (saying one thing to the support and another to the Administrators) that does my head in most.

All that post is doing is covering yourself if your wrong.

"Aw they would say that"

Ill put in what I have heard that it was Naismith and Whittaker, both of which had offers of clubs elsewhere, with big McLeish giving Naismith his meal ticket.

I also got told the big story around Wylde saving jobs etc, all nonsense, he has been offered a club down south and told to leave !!

No really saying anything you dont already know but its pointing firmly at these players.