Best Non-Ranger you've seen play?

Mr Soprano

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Envious as fuck here re: seeing Cruyff. Best i've ever seen, though not at Ibrox, was Stan Bowles. Took the piss big time, which was why he never got to where he should've in the game. Would've loved to have seen him in a Ger's shirt. A good 10 years before his time.

Sorry, but if you have messi just based on abilty and not the performance, you'd have to say just about everyone here have never seen a better player than messi at ibrox. Messi will be the best player that ever lived, ive no doubt about that, hes up there already. I knkw people will say cruyff etc, but again, im sorry, messi's already better.

In terms of performance at ibrox, del perio was unreal in 95, mendieta was rediculously good aswell, was that 99? puyol at rightback was a joy to watch, he was the best player on the park, the fact we hold a place in his heart helps.

My Dad told me he took me to the Ibrox disaster benefit match . I was young and have no recollection of this, I was told that George Best played in that Match - If that was the case, Then he would have been the best I had seen at Ibrox.

The best player I ever seen play at Ibrox was Liam Brady when he played for Inter Milan. Although we beat them 3-1? on the night we lost on aggregate 4-3 I believe.

He still stood head and shoulders above anyone else on the field, about the best I have seen a player play despite losing 3-1.

The best player I ever seen play at Ibrox was Liam Brady when he played for Inter Milan. Although we beat them 3-1? on the night we lost on aggregate 4-3 I believe.

He still stood head and shoulders above anyone else on the field, about the best I have seen a player play despite losing 3-1.

Was flitting around the radio stations one night many years ago and caught a great line where a commentator (Irish!) described Brady as: 'ambidextrous in both feet'! :lol:

Pat Jennings, one of my heroes when I was younger, saw him at Ibrox in the friendly with Arsenal, think it was 1978, when Clive Allen played his only game for Arsenal. QPR wouldn't sell him to Spurs, so Arsenal bought him, played him once and sold him to Spurs,a bit like Spurs and Rangers did with Gough when Dundee Utd. wouldn't sell him to us.

Also saw Jennings at Hampden playing for N.I. and one of his best saves ever , his one handed stop from Derek Johnstone, hammered along the ground daisy cutter style,he stopped it dead with one hand.

Easily the top British goalkeeper of his generation.