Fabrice Muamba collapses on pitch

Escobar

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone criticising ESPN and turning this thread into an angry mob against them? How can a channel prepare for this?

More important issues at hand here. All the best to him.

Because the programme should just end. They shouldn't be talking about other players who have died. It is disrespectful.

I'd have thought it was bloody obvious.

Because the programme should just end. They shouldn't be talking about other players who have died. It is disrespectful.

I'd have thought it was bloody obvious.

So he collapses...then end the program within a few minutes?

Now is that not disrespectful? Isn't that assuming the worst?

A lot of people watching the game will be very worried about the lad. Some people will have been disappointed in ESPN to end the show and then they have to scramble around looking for other sources of information.

Again that's not the point. A channel cannot prepare for that incident.

So he collapses...then end the program within a few minutes?

Now is that not disrespectful? Isn't that assuming the worst?

A lot of people watching the game will be very worried about the lad. Some people will have been disappointed in ESPN to end the show and then they have to scramble around looking for other sources of information.

Again that's not the point. A channel cannot prepare for that incident.

Its all about opinions and I stand by mine. The way they dragged that out tonight was a disgrace and what Jon Champion said should see him and his producer sacked.

puts everything into perspective. horrible scenes. something i have never wanted to see and hope to never see again. hope he pulls through. he is a fighter and will fight for everything. regardless of your faith or belief, its time to pray.

Its all about opinions and I stand by mine. The majority would view how they dragged that out tonight as a disgrace and what Jon Champion said should see him and his producer sacked.

to be fair to ESPN they had scheduled this to go on until 7:45 so to cut the show over an hour early is respectful. i think if they ismply cut it off would have been disrespectful - as if to say "the footy's off, our job is done". i agree that the commentator is bang out of order and people like keegan should have been allowed to go.