Ally McCoist isn't a good enough manager

I can't see the new Rangers owner who ever it will be sacking McCoist. And i don't want him to be sacked either.

He's been looking forward to this job since Walter and him came back, but no one expected his 1st season to be like this.

So i think he should get another chance next season.

Lets not forget he has taking the biggest wage cut to save Rangers. And if it was anyone else they would have walked away long ago.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have been interesting if Utd had lost a player today as they did against the ratcatchers.

I think Ally probably deserves abother year although I would still feel nervous about someone with little experience being given serious money to spend in the transfer market :anguish:

Have always advocated for Ally to be given the season to cut his teeth, even if it mean't losing the title.

I've got to say, I don't see any improvement from his first few games in charge. Baffling team selection's coupled with a lack of tactics, has me doubting he has what it takes to manage, at any level. Our club will be going through massive changes with regards to squad this summer, which will involve downsizing. This does not mean we can't compete, just that we need to get the most from every player and that requires a special quality in a manager. Walter has it in abundance, Ally I'm afraid doesn't.

Be very happy to be proved wrong.

Would have been interesting if Utd had lost a player today as they did against the ratcatchers.

I think Ally probably deserves abother year although I would still feel nervous about someone with little experience being given serious money to spend in the transfer market :anguish:

Don't worry, we won't be spending serious money any time soon.

why is everyone using his loyalty during the administration as a basis of wether he should keep the job or not. Lets be clear he has been outstanding off the field since the start of February but on the field we have been rotten big time since early November

ally is simply not learning from his mistakes.

it's amazing that some people actually subscribe to the Roman Abromovich philosophy of dumping managers everytime a teams hits a bad patch of form.

took SAF 4 years to win even a trophy at united and had the supporters calling for his head throughout that 4 years.

and you want McCoist gone after... what, 8 months? 8 months where hes had to manage a side stripped of it's best players, wasnt allowed to bring in the players he wanted (goodwillie, conway...), long injuries to our first team players (naismith, whittaker, broadfoot, weir), had the club goin into adminstration and flirt with liquidation, had to forfiet most of, if not all his wages, ahd to manage players forfieting all, if not most of their wages.

thats a fair fucking crack of the whip eh?

get a grip, the LEAST McCoist deserves is the support of the fans & a couple of seasons to manage the team under a stable club, not one falling to pieces around him.

Totally agree with you.

The time to judge Ally will be after he has had at least one season without all the distractions the club has had this season and being able to have some cash to bring in players he wants.

Doesn't learn from mistakes and tactically a shambles like John Greig a great player but terrible manager

Greig had FIVE relatively normal seasons.

Ally hasn't even beem allowed a fair run.

I'm actuallly disgusted by some the ludicrous criticisms being made of him.

get a grip OP fkn only man i would trust to get Rangers thru this just now! how u can slate the man for poor decisions when he can hardly pick a team from the let over young boys we have registered. mental judge the man when he has the tools to operate with! and no im no talking bout broadfoot!

This is fucking disgusting!!

Every single Rangers fan should appreciate everything that guy has done as manager of us. The obstacles he has had to overcome in his debut season as a manager and you want him gone after 8 months? What is actually wrong with you?

The way he has conducted himself and the players through this tough time is a major credit to himself and the club! Give the guy a full season on a level playing field then judge him!

Welll fucking said.

The man deserves a chance. I'm sick of this childish, petulant, ungrateful, disloyal bullshit. It's not Rangers behaviour. Man up, take it on the chin and give the one man who has offered any leadership and drive a fucking chance.

Really, some people should be taking a look at themselves.

There is seomting there that tells me McCoist can't be that bad a manger. Remember he took us 15 points clear. Then the storys of administration / liquidation came along.

And the players seemed to lose the plot, and fucked up a 15 point lead.

Then when administration did happen the 10 points we lost never helped either.

Not quite mate. (I support Ally btw).

Admin came far later than our dip in form tbh. We were pish and got away with it. Now.. the real question is... What did Ally know back then? Did he know we were heading in this direction?

Malmo, Maribor..... I put down to inexperience.

Do not underestimate losing our on field Captain ( Naisy ). Best player in Scotland. No backup. Not Ally's fault.

Time to move on tbh. 00000042.gif

Get a fucking grip. He's literally had to put a whole new group of 11 players together every week since we started having issues through losing ten points, the injuries and selling Jelavic.

Yeah, he's no Pep Guardiola but for fuck sake, he's not a miracle worker either.

All these ridiculous threads are a joke. Cut the guy some slack, what would you do in this situation?

The problem isn't only about now it was clear pre-admin that McCoist wasn't up to the job.

So you keep on alluding to, still he has been working under exceptional circumstances eh ?

Just exactly how many accounts do you have?

Now before I start, I fully expect all the usual merchants to come and slate my opinion without taking note of any of the facts i'll put before their noses.

Super Ally, a club legend, a national icon, is NOT a good enough manager to manage Rangers. He makes poor decisions when it comes to team selection and subs, we have still yet to establish any kind of playing style other than long diagonal punts, and finally we'd be dead and buried (points deductions or not) before April in the league.

Start of the season we had a good run, often happens with a new manager. Look at McInnes at Bristol, look at AVB pre-October, Eck's first season with us etc. During that run, aside from the Celtic game and perhaps one or two others, when did we actually play well/good football? Most games we scraped through, mostly due to the brilliance of Naismith. We then began to throw our lead as our luck ran out. We weren't in administration when we started dropping points, that's a weak excuse for the fact our fans don't like us losing. We've thrown away this league just as much as Celtic have deserved to win it.

Last few games have been absent, totally fucking absent. I don't care if we're missing 5-6 players, we should still have the quality to beat Dundee United. Maybe that's more the fault of the people before Ally for not bringing through youth, but some of the teams we've lost to recently are pish. And furthermore, we've made them look like world beaters. Even with a makeshift team, i'd still of expected us to come out, keep the ball on the deck and have the basic skills like chanelling attacking runs out wide. We've shown a failure to do so for months now. It's been abysmal.

I love Super Ally just as much as anyone. I have a signed football from him, he came to one of my family members funerals. He is a fantastic human being, a legend in every sense of the word. But I just don't think he's management quality, certainly not for a club of our stature. When we're out of this mess in the summer, lets give the job to a young manager with a strategy of youth and good football. At the moment, Super Ally just looks like another stop-gap that we all knew Walter was in his second spell.

Facts :lol: Aye ok then Mystic Meg ;)

In Ally's first season as manager he has had to deal with more shite than any other manager has to deal with in a lifetime. And some people still can't wait to write off the club's all-time top goalscorer before he is given a proper chance. What's the point in coming on here and slating a Rangers man for doing his very best under horrendous circumstances when there are NO viable alternatives and NOTHING that can be changed for the forseeable?

So you keep on alluding to, still he has been working under exceptional circumstances eh ?

Pre-admin he had plenty of resources and more than the teams he came up against. Do you dispute this? Are you saying the opposition who put us out of 4 cups and behind in the league had better circumstances to work under? You were making excuses before and you still are...how bad does it have to get before you wake up? Another trophyless season perhaps?

Pre-admin he had plenty of resources and more than the teams he came up against. Do you dispute this? Are you saying the opposition who put us out of 4 cups and behind in the league had better circumstances to work under? You were making excuses before and you still are...how bad does it have to get before you wake up? Another trophyless season perhaps?

How many accounts exactly?

Let's be honest though, I have defended Ally as much as possible, but it was obvious to everyone that we needed to spend a good £15m minimum on the squad in the summer, otherwise we would fail to be competitive (I think Walter Smith said as much) and Ally clearly failed to do that. He clearly failed to identify that Cuellar and Juhasz would beef up the defence, failed to identify that a striker like Goodwillie would add a lot to our front line, failed to sign any players in the January transfer window, although it was obviously required.

Add to that, he seems to have struggled to keep the players focused on the league games over the last few weeks, for some reason.

Obviously, everything above is all Ally's fault, can't think of any defence for him at all with all of that?

I would have gone for the reasoned defence, but I'm bored of this daily thread, so today, it's sarcasm.

Let's be honest though, I have defended Ally as much as possible, but it was obvious to everyone that we needed to spend a good £15m minimum on the squad in the summer, otherwise we would fail to be competitive (I think Walter Smith said as much) and Ally clearly failed to do that.

So what your saying is that we need to spend an extra 15m on top of a championship winning team to cover up for our managers failings? No other team he came up against had a better set of resources than he did except one.

it's amazing that some people actually subscribe to the Roman Abromovich philosophy of dumping managers everytime a teams hits a bad patch of form.

took SAF 4 years to win even a trophy at united and had the supporters calling for his head throughout that 4 years.

and you want McCoist gone after... what, 8 months? 8 months where hes had to manage a side stripped of it's best players, wasnt allowed to bring in the players he wanted (goodwillie, conway...), long injuries to our first team players (naismith, whittaker, broadfoot, weir), had the club goin into adminstration and flirt with liquidation, had to forfiet most of, if not all his wages, ahd to manage players forfieting all, if not most of their wages.

thats a fair fucking crack of the whip eh?

get a grip, the LEAST McCoist deserves is the support of the fans & a couple of seasons to manage the team under a stable club, not one falling to pieces around him.

Alex Ferguson had a good track record at Aberdeen before he went to ManU. I think Ally McCoist should go to a smaller team, build up experience, then move back to Rangers.