Ally McCoist isn't a good enough manager

No, Walter was saying it.

Show me one team from this list of teams who have outplayed or beaten us this season who have a higher value squad, more resources and have spent more on players this season.

Malmo

Maribor

Hearts

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

St Mirren

Kilmarnock

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my concerns that this could be the case, but simply cannot judge that on 3/4s of a season, for which Ally has had his hands and his legs tied behind his back from day 1, had his star striker sold, his best player injured after a quarter of the season, without other crucial first-teamers, and now, with the club in administration and working for free.

Super deserves to be at the helm while we try to fight back and with some stability.

Show me one team from this list of teams who have outplayed or beaten us this season who have a higher value squad, more resources and have spent more on players this season.

Malmo

Maribor

Hearts

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

St Mirren

Kilmarnock

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Johnstone

Well, two of them start and end with the same letter, if we want to work on puzzlers, can you name the other clubs in Scotland who do?

Pre-admin he had plenty of resources and more than the teams he came up against. Do you dispute this? Are you saying the opposition who put us out of 4 cups and behind in the league had better circumstances to work under? You were making excuses before and you still are...how bad does it have to get before you wake up? Another trophyless season perhaps?

I take on board your opinion but if you think that we are gonna be back winning trophies by next season then I think you are in for a bit of a shock. Sadly, at the moment, we just need a man at the helm who is gonna do his best for the club. Super will give it his all. Think he's owed more time for what has been a season in which the club has been as unstable as it has ever been

Before the defence of Ally begins lets be clear on this one key point, no other man would be in this position, at this point in time, for the money (or lack of money) that we have to offer.

Now in his defence, no other manager would have kept his head and his pride through all the hell Ally has had to endure. Ally had even provided a decent enough start to the season even with limited resources and injuries, his owner gave him nothing and you have no way of knowing whether Whyte bought players o Gordon Smith or Ally himself. Add to that the fact that no big names with experience were signed other than maybe Goian and Boca, Lafferty out, Naismith was our key player of the season and what a loss he was, Jelavic sold, nothing has went in Ally's way, nothing, not one lucky break, except perhaps the discovery of Aluko.

If these businessmen (or pirates) finally come for our club, or if the liquidation is what has to happen, Ally will still be here, make no mistake about that. I can only hope he gets the time and the tools to do the job.

The problem isn't only about now it was clear pre-admin that McCoist wasn't up to the job.

How can you seriously say that he wasn't up to the job after playing 3/4's of his first season in charge with huge financial and injury restrictions?

Bet you weren't saying that after we pumped Celtic at the beginning of the season!?!?

How can you seriously say that he wasn't up to the job after playing 3/4's of his first season in charge with huge financial and injury restrictions?

Bet you weren't saying that after we pumped Celtic at the beginning of the season!?!?

It's what is known as a flecky amongst other names. That's why he can

He had far less restrictions than the opposition and thats what matters. Did you bother to read any of the previous posts?

Given this season, all of it, I do not think that you or anybody else is qualified to make that call.

What exactly do people expect Ally to do with no front line?

Name one manager who managed to win consistently with no strikers available for half a season!

Many others would have signed a forward rather than 3 midfielders.

Or perhaps retained Fleck as an attacking outlet

Its hard to disagree that he's had it hard, but he's also made some horrific mistakes.

Its hard to disagree that he's had it hard, but he's also made some horrific mistakes.

He has made mistakes. The thing is... has he learned from them?

If I were to buy The Rangers, the first thing I would do is give Ally a 3 year deal. Why? First, to repay him for his loyalty and dignity and putting himself last through all of these troubles. Second, I would tell him he has my complete support where it counts -- my wallet. I really believe we cannot judge him on this year.

Ally is a smart guy. Any first year manager would struggle in their first year with us. The pressure must be enormous. Let's face it... (in normal times), a draw is the brink of a catastrophe. And a loss is devastating!

Walter said it best. "The expectations are simple at The Rangers. Just win."

00000042.gif

At the end of the day, in my eyes, he deserves more of a chance than what he's had already. That's all I'm saying. It's his first season in charge. I can't believe after one season he's already getting hounded out of his club, the club he has loved all his life man and boy. Yeah, he's lost a few games and made some crazy decision's but I mean this is Ally McCoist we're talking about. We're not talking about any old Tom, Dick or Harry? He's lived on his reputation for not even one season yet and people are absolutely rooted to his back.

Come on. For our own sake can't we just all get behind the team until the gloom has shifted? We all know it will soon shift and there's no one I'd like to see more, winning the league than Super. He just deserves more of a chance.

He tried to get a striker, 1 went to play in La Liga, the other the owner and whoever was dealing with the deals decided to fuck about with and he ended up going to Blackburn. No-one knows if he asked for anyone else but he didn't get what he asked for.

No man is bigger than the club. This includes Ally McCoist.

He has till the end of the season, to show something different in his footballing philosophy. If not, then we have to think with our head and not with our heart.

(tu)

Rangers come first, always.

Yes.. he made some signing mistakes. BUT, we did get Big Goian and Bocanegra. 2 guys that play (almost) week in and out at the heart of our defence. He got that right. He did try to get others too but as was stated above, lost out. (La Liga over the SPL? hmmm let's see!)

Almost forgot.. Aluko too. Not sure how that was engineered.. but if Ally takes stick for some signings etc.. then he gets the credit too for the good ones. No manager has a 100% record in the transfer market. My expectation is that we get it right 51% of the time.