Ally McCoist isn't a good enough manager

Now before I start, I fully expect all the usual merchants to come and slate my opinion without taking note of any of the facts i'll put before their noses.

Super Ally, a club legend, a national icon, is NOT a good enough manager to manage Rangers. He makes poor decisions when it comes to team selection and subs, we have still yet to establish any kind of playing style other than long diagonal punts, and finally we'd be dead and buried (points deductions or not) before April in the league.

Start of the season we had a good run, often happens with a new manager. Look at McInnes at Bristol, look at AVB pre-October, Eck's first season with us etc. During that run, aside from the Celtic game and perhaps one or two others, when did we actually play well/good football? Most games we scraped through, mostly due to the brilliance of Naismith. We then began to throw our lead as our luck ran out. We weren't in administration when we started dropping points, that's a weak excuse for the fact our fans don't like us losing. We've thrown away this league just as much as Celtic have deserved to win it.

Last few games have been absent, totally fucking absent. I don't care if we're missing 5-6 players, we should still have the quality to beat Dundee United. Maybe that's more the fault of the people before Ally for not bringing through youth, but some of the teams we've lost to recently are pish. And furthermore, we've made them look like world beaters. Even with a makeshift team, i'd still of expected us to come out, keep the ball on the deck and have the basic skills like chanelling attacking runs out wide. We've shown a failure to do so for months now. It's been abysmal.

I love Super Ally just as much as anyone. I have a signed football from him, he came to one of my family members funerals. He is a fantastic human being, a legend in every sense of the word. But I just don't think he's management quality, certainly not for a club of our stature. When we're out of this mess in the summer, lets give the job to a young manager with a strategy of youth and good football. At the moment, Super Ally just looks like another stop-gap that we all knew Walter was in his second spell.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a great believer in managers working their way through the system, Paul Lambert style to take a recent example, you might be lucky to get it right once, to do it repeatedly means you have it, no way was McCoist going to turn down the Rangers job, it might never come up again, i will echo what most think, he is a top man, but at the moment not the man to take us forward.

Now before I start, I fully expect all the usual merchants to come and slate my opinion without taking note of any of the facts i'll put before their noses.

Super Ally, a club legend, a national icon, is NOT a good enough manager to manage Rangers. He makes poor decisions when it comes to team selection and subs, we have still yet to establish any kind of playing style other than long diagonal punts, and finally we'd be dead and buried (points deductions or not) before April in the league.

Start of the season we had a good run, often happens with a new manager. Look at McInnes at Bristol, look at AVB pre-October, Eck's first season with us etc. During that run, aside from the Celtic game and perhaps one or two others, when did we actually play well/good football? Most games we scraped through, mostly due to the brilliance of Naismith. We then began to throw our lead as our luck ran out. We weren't in administration when we started dropping points, that's a weak excuse for the fact our fans don't like us losing. We've thrown away this league just as much as Celtic have deserved to win it.

Last few games have been absent, totally fucking absent. I don't care if we're missing 5-6 players, we should still have the quality to beat Dundee United. Maybe that's more the fault of the people before Ally for not bringing through youth, but some of the teams we've lost to recently are pish. And furthermore, we've made them look like world beaters. Even with a makeshift team, i'd still of expected us to come out, keep the ball on the deck and have the basic skills like chanelling attacking runs out wide. We've shown a failure to do so for months now. It's been abysmal.

I love Super Ally just as much as anyone. I have a signed football from him, he came to one of my family members funerals. He is a fantastic human being, a legend in every sense of the word. But I just don't think he's management quality, certainly not for a club of our stature. When we're out of this mess in the summer, lets give the job to a young manager with a strategy of youth and good football. At the moment, Super Ally just looks like another stop-gap that we all knew Walter was in his second spell.

Given this season, all of it, I do not think that you or anybody else is qualified to make that call.

What exactly do people expect Ally to do with no front line?

Name one manager who managed to win consistently with no strikers available for half a season!

Completely agree.

No disernable style to his play.

Poor signings.

Poor team selection.

Quite frankly, his management tenure has been a disaster.

Love the guy, but he's not good enough.

Again, given the season he's had, all of it, how can you justify that view.

It smacks of far more certainty than even the most qualified of experts could offer given circumstances.

it's amazing that some people actually subscribe to the Roman Abromovich philosophy of dumping managers everytime a teams hits a bad patch of form.

took SAF 4 years to win even a trophy at united and had the supporters calling for his head throughout that 4 years.

and you want McCoist gone after... what, 8 months? 8 months where hes had to manage a side stripped of it's best players, wasnt allowed to bring in the players he wanted (goodwillie, conway...), long injuries to our first team players (naismith, whittaker, broadfoot, weir), had the club goin into adminstration and flirt with liquidation, had to forfiet most of, if not all his wages, ahd to manage players forfieting all, if not most of their wages.

thats a fair fucking crack of the whip eh?

get a grip, the LEAST McCoist deserves is the support of the fans & a couple of seasons to manage the team under a stable club, not one falling to pieces around him.

it's amazing that some people actually subscribe to the Roman Abromovich philosophy of dumping managers everytime a teams hits a bad patch of form.

took SAF 4 years to win even a trophy at united and had the supporters calling for his head throughout that 4 years.

and you want McCoist gone after... what, 8 months? 8 months where hes had to manage a side stripped of it's best players, wasnt allowed to bring in the players he wanted (goodwillie, conway...), long injuries to our first team players (naismith, whittaker, broadfoot, weir), had the club goin into adminstration and flirt with liquidation, had to forfiet most of, if not all his wages, ahd to manage players forfieting all, if not most of their wages.

get a grip, the LEAST McCoist deserves is the support of the fans & a couple of seasons to manage the team under a stable club, not one falling to pieces around him.

(tu)

I think he's did a good job with both hands tied behind his back all his 1st choice signings went elsewhere coz of obvious reasons. If naismith didn't get injured and jelavic sold without a replacement striker coming in things could have been diferent. Give him a chance and wait till he's fighting on a level playingfield. Super allys blue n white army

just saw your post you beat me to it by 3mins. Well put super ally no1

Spot on mate. (tu)

What is to be gained from yet another thread like this?

He is our manager and deserves our support.

Would like to hear of a manager who has had a more challenging debut season.

Wonder how Real would be doing under the great Jose if Ronaldo done his cruciate, Benzema was sold and not replaced, Higuain was out long term, and the rest of the players had to take a 50-75% wage cut.

Who would want to manage a half bankrupt SPL side, with no owner, riddled with debt and a squad in dire need of a serious overhaul and no money to do it with?

Only person I can think of is Ally McCoist.

I can see what you're saying, but any manager in Scotland bar Neil Lennon would cut his own balls off to manage us. Guaranteed top two finish (unless there are points deductions) with up to 51,000 at your home games and the most successful club ever.

What is to be gained from yet another thread like this?

He is our manager and deserves our support.

Would like to hear of a manager who has had a more challenging debut season.

Wonder how Real would be doing under the great Jose if Ronaldo done his cruciate, Benzema was sold and not replaced, Higuain was out long term, and the rest of the players had to take a 50-75% wage cut.

Well said.

Sometimes, despite all the efforts our enemies go to, they needn't bother when you've got fans criticising a manager who hasn't even had a fair crack of the whip.

Even SAF needed 4 years at MU to get started.

Well said.

I love coisty but to be honest he is proving pish at his job. I don't think he is good enough however this season is such a fkn mess that I would not judge any of our staff.

Once we are out of this mess I hope he can concentrate on the playing squad and deliver results instead of trying to carry the clubs worries on his own.

Legend of a guy. Top manager? Let's hope so

There is seomting there that tells me McCoist can't be that bad a manger. Remember he took us 15 points clear. Then the storys of administration / liquidation came along.

And the players seemed to lose the plot, and fucked up a 15 point lead.

Then when administration did happen the 10 points we lost never helped either.

This is fucking disgusting!!

Every single Rangers fan should appreciate everything that guy has done as manager of us. The obstacles he has had to overcome in his debut season as a manager and you want him gone after 8 months? What is actually wrong with you?

The way he has conducted himself and the players through this tough time is a major credit to himself and the club! Give the guy a full season on a level playing field then judge him!