Is la liga the best league in Europe?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for an actual reply :lol:

I'd agree with you there, those where my opinions of the best partts of both leagues. And yes Id rather watch the game mentioned, but overall I enjoy the EPL more.

Well, as I said, thats a very subjective opinion. I would argue that the quality of the spanish game in question is much higher. Just because you enjoy one more than the other doesnt mean that it is better. For example, I love watching Rangers. Would watch us play over any other team.. My subjective opinion is, that I enjoy watching the SPL (us) over La Liga, because we are in it.

I do get you point though! :)

in europe the dutch have produced the most innovative tactics since the 70's but like scotland they can't compete with the spanish, english and germans because of the tv money.

and relative to world leagues - better football and tactics in brazil and argentina than in europe.

Says question mark would quash a rhetorical question.

Posts link proving otherwise.

Claims victory?

alan, i know how much thinking hurts your brain and i don't really want to inflict more pain on you ( or get done for abusing the mentally challenged :) ) but...

the link confirmed that a 'question mark' or an 'exclamation mark' can be used for a rhetorical comment.

therfore, china - you were dead fucking wrong when you categorically stated that an 'exclamation mark' couldn't be used, weren't you! (rhetorical)

The confirmation not only exposed your deficiency in grammatical punctuation but it also made you look even more of a fucking clown because you were using it to prove that you could back up being a smartarse - thus compounding your stupidity.

oh, the irony of it all, eh, alan! (rhetorical)

a writer has two choices for his rhetorical comment - a question mark or exclamation mark.

he selects the one that he feels is the more effective in conveying what he wants to put across.

and in chosing, the writer 'quashes' one option in favour of the other - this is inherent in the act of choice!.

did the penny drop, alan? (not rhetorical)

i chose the exclamation mark because it was more effective in emphasizing your hypocrisy.

a question mark would have been less effective in this regard, wouldn't it! (rhetorical)

so, come on, alan, you know you fucked up!

but you don't have to admit that you didn't know rhetorical punctuation and that your not the smartarse you think you are.

it's ok, son, we understand.

and as we grow up, alan, it's important to learn from our mistakes.

so, until you brush up on your own grammatical punctuation skills it's a good idea to stop trying to correct it in others others and using it as subterfuge for your lack of debating skills. ;)

here's another link for you, alan:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20786

it's an online e-petition to bring sesame st. back to british tv.

i'm sure elmo can help improve all that hard punctuation stuff.

always thinking bout you, eh! (rhetorical)

and, hey, alan, there's not enough football content on this fucking thread so let's go over to the God thread in the bears' den, eh? (- what do you think, alan? now, put the thinking cap on - rhetorical or not?)

:lol:

alan, i know how much thinking hurts your brain and i don't really want to inflict more pain on you ( or get done for abusing the mentally challenged :) ) but...

the link confirmed that a 'question mark' or an 'exclamation mark' can be used for a rhetorical comment.

therfore, china - you were dead fucking wrong when you categorically stated that an 'exclamation mark' couldn't be used, weren't you! (rhetorical)

The confirmation not only exposed your deficiency in grammatical punctuation but it also made you look even more of a fucking clown because you were using it to prove that you could back up being a smartarse - thus compounding your stupidity.

oh, the irony of it all, eh, alan! (rhetorical)

a writer has two choices for his rhetorical comment - a question mark or exclamation mark.

he selects the one that he feels is the more effective in conveying what he wants to put across.

and in chosing, the writer 'quashes' one option in favour of the other - this is inherent in the act of choice!.

did the penny drop, alan? (not rhetorical)

i chose the exclamation mark because it was more effective in emphasizing your hypocrisy.

a question mark would have been less effective in this regard, wouldn't it! (rhetorical)

so, come on, alan, you know you fucked up!

but you don't have to admit that you didn't know rhetorical punctuation and that your not the smartarse you think you are.

it's ok, son, we understand.

and as we grow up, alan, it's important to learn from our mistakes.

so, until you brush up on your own grammatical punctuation skills it's a good idea to stop trying to correct it in others others and using it as subterfuge for your lack of debating skills. ;)

Let's not miss the point here.

you said that you couldn't have used a question mark without quashing the rhetoric question.

you posted a link proving yourself wrong :lol:

It's like you enjoy being wrong. It's okay though - I feel sorry for you more than anything else. Sitting around a computer in a public library with only a thesaurus and "debating for dummies" as company.

Let's not miss the point here.

you said that you couldn't have used a question mark without quashing the rhetoric question.

you posted a link proving yourself wrong :lol:

It's like you enjoy being wrong. It's okay though - I feel sorry for you more than anything else. Sitting around a computer in a public library with only a thesaurus and "debating for dummies" as company.

now alan, i know its hard to focus when panicking, but you didn't know rhetorical grammar punctuation did you, son?

that's ok.

don't worry yerr wee heid aboot it.

but i'm afraid even your subterfuge is wrong, alan - it's 'How to debate with Dummies' that i'm reading.

oh, and look here on page 25 - "if the dummy is incapable of seeing his error don't fucking continue torturing the poor wee fucker's heid and show some compassion for fuck's sake, and direct the wee handicapped laddie to the nearest thread appropriate to his limited ability."

...emm... alan, maybe we should continue our discussion on the "Embarrassing anti-millar banner" aka 'the fuck off out the door thread' in the bears den, eh?

and, alan, if you're a good boy and do all your rhetorical homework, i will send u a pic of my stunning 25 year old bird that i will be fornicating with as soon as i get home from the library.

and don't go using it for your nightly wank - i don't want you dumb and fucking blind. :lol:

and, alan, if you're a good boy and do all your rhetorical homework, i will send u a pic of my stunning 25 year old bird that i will be fornicating with as soon as i get home from the library.

and don't go using it for your nightly wank - i don't want you dumb and fucking blind.

:lol:

You always attract the mental one's Al!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this because:

A. Its full of comedy gold

B. it ties in with a thread I had made about some suggesting the EPL is way overrated. After last night I do hope some might want to retract on the EPL being overrated!

Bumping this because:

A. Its full of comedy gold

B. it ties in with a thread I had made about some suggesting the EPL is way overrated. After last night I do hope some might want to retract on the EPL being overrated!

It's still wildly overrated, Chelsea were very fortunate to win tonight, and the same can be said for many of their games in Europe this season.

They've rode their luck on many an occasion. Man Utd are shite as well.

It's still wildly overrated, Chelsea were very fortunate to win tonight, and the same can be said for many of their games in Europe this season.

They've rode their luck on many an occasion. Man Utd are shite as well.

In the last 8 years 8 English teams have reached the CL final. Its not a bad record to be fair

Not for me.

Every year the title goes down to the same two predictable teams, a bit like the SPL. Although I am no way trying to compare the two.

The EPL has 4 or 5 teams up there for the majority of the season fighting for the title and it usually comes down to the last few games, just look at Manchester City, their own helicopter sunday.

Bundesliga differs almost every year also, however Borussia Dortmund have won it consecutively for the first time in their history recently.

They are all top leagues but they're just too tight to call. All of the three leagues mentioned seem to always get far in Europe too, see Barclays Premier League (Chelsea) vs Bundesliga(Bayern Munchen) last night. There's always one of the three leagues teams in the final.

Not for me.

Every year the title goes down to the same two predictable teams, a bit like the SPL. Although I am no way trying to compare the two.

The EPL has 4 or 5 teams up there for the majority of the season fighting for the title and it usually comes down to the last few games, just look at Manchester City, their own helicopter sunday.

Bundesliga differs almost every year also, however Borussia Dortmund have won it consecutively for the first time in their history recently.

They are all top leagues but they're just too tight to call. All of the three leagues mentioned seem to always get far in Europe too, see Barclays Premier League (Chelsea) vs Bundesliga(Bayern Munchen) last night. There's always one of the three leagues teams in the final.

When was the last time Man City and Man U fought for the title? :crab: