RST Statement on SPL Rule Changes.

The board of the Rangers Supporters Trust, like other fans of the club, are not in the least surprised by the actions and timing of the SPL decision to vote on rule changes which has now further delayed a future takeover of Rangers.

Given the severity of the possible sanctions, and their impact on any club who may also fall on hard times through mismanagement, it leaves us little option to give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures by Rangers fans next season; specifically targeting those clubs who have rushed through the proposals to punish our club with these excessive and draconian penalties.

We will discuss this in the near future with our sister organisations the Rangers Supporters Association and Assembly to maximise impact and collate ideas on how a boycott could be facilitated if deemed necessary. There appears to be a change in attitude within our support and a unified determination not seen before as we again see another attempt to persecute our club whilst we are at our most vulnerable.

It may also be important to consider how these severe penalties, currently aimed at one club in particular, will impact future league and club sponsorship and have a secondary impact on all clubs reducing the stature of Scottish football as a whole. With this in mind we will contact several of the main sponsors to seek their thoughts on how these sanctions would affect their level of investment given the obvious inevitable decreasing level of competitiveness in the SPL in future.

Sorry if it's a repost. Never saw it on the board?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board of the Rangers Supporters Trust, like other fans of the club, are not in the least surprised by the actions and timing of the SPL decision to vote on rule changes which has now further delayed a future takeover of Rangers.

Given the severity of the possible sanctions, and their impact on any club who may also fall on hard times through mismanagement, it leaves us little option to give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures by Rangers fans next season; specifically targeting those clubs who have rushed through the proposals to punish our club with these excessive and draconian penalties.

We will discuss this in the near future with our sister organisations the Rangers Supporters Association and Assembly to maximise impact and collate ideas on how a boycott could be facilitated if deemed necessary. There appears to be a change in attitude within our support and a unified determination not seen before as we again see another attempt to persecute our club whilst we are at our most vulnerable.

It may also be important to consider how these severe penalties, currently aimed at one club in particular, will impact future league and club sponsorship and have a secondary impact on all clubs reducing the stature of Scottish football as a whole. With this in mind we will contact several of the main sponsors to seek their thoughts on how these sanctions would affect their level of investment given the obvious inevitable decreasing level of competitiveness in the SPL in future.

Sorry if it's a repost. Never saw it on the board?

Not a repost mate, I just checked 3 pages and nothing on the topic so its all good :D

Agreed mate

Stopping this may depend upon making clubs realise that they will be made to pay if this goes through - I'm not sure that the concept of a season boycott carries enough threat.

They have loaded for Bear - so to speak - now the gloves are off.

If the fans stay away from the games and find they dont miss them, it will be an ongoing hardship for the backstabbers if they stop attending away matches, the whole towns economy will take a dunt twice a season as well,and it makes plenty money when the bears are in town.

Careful what you wish for.

good statement. I.don't go to too many away games but I will boycott.

Only thing is their claim that they are the ones calling for the boycott, they should have kept quiet and had meeting with the various other groups and I mean all of them and issued a joint statement.

I have made my feelings known regarding this group but for once they should have kept quiet and made that move to meet with all others, this is not a them and us situation.

I am pleased to read the RST statement. The time has now come to flex our collective muscles and let the SPL and the SFA know - in no uncertain terms - that the days are now gone when we will 'bow the knee' to their vindictiveness.

Let's boycott not just next seasons away games but for season's to come until some 'olive branch' is offered to us. However, I suspect that we will wait a long time, because many of these clubs bear a hatred for us that far outweighs any wrong we have ever done them.

Let's not just threaten this, let's deliver it as forcefully and as comprehensively as possible!

Only thing is their claim that they are the ones calling for the boycott, they should have kept quiet and had meeting with the various other groups and I mean all of them and issued a joint statement.

I have made my feelings known regarding this group but for once they should have kept quiet and made that move to meet with all others, this is not a them and us situation.

they havent called for a boycott. never mind claimed to have.

are these clubs so fuckin blind that they cant see the damage that such changes would do to their clubs and communities,damage that will take a LONG time to cure,surly there is someone with integrity and common sence to see this...RTID

I would have sacked you within a week if you had worked for me in my business years ago.

Go read the bloody statement again.

Are you going senile? They haven't called for one, they said they are considering calling one, but will speak with their sister orginisations.

give serious consideration of calling for a boycott of away fixtures