Jelavic

:drool:

Fantastic team. Would also like to see:

McGregor

Whittaker Weir/Perry Bocanegra Papac/Wallace

Davis McCabe

Aluko Naismith Weiss

Jelavic

The midfield front three interlinking and switching position.

Don't know about that, Naismith has performed well for us and Scotland and is attracting EPL teams who have been bidding for him this week. He is still young enough to make another couple of moves imo and if he done well at a mid table EPL club then who knows, look at Arteta.

The only thing about Naisy that may stop him playing at the top is how he comes back from his injury.

Not the best example, tho still reckon he won't ever reach that high a level unfortunately. I guess my ultimate point was that reputations don't always come simply from how well you play. On a global level, Weiss is undoubtedly considered a finer footballer than Aluko, I don't think that he has done significantly more in his career to prove that he is that much better than Aluko though. He has achieved a bit more but I don't really think Weiss has done an exceptional amount to garner his reputation other than being at admittedly impressive clubs. It's too late, my heed is switched off.

Not the best example, tho still reckon he won't ever reach that high a level unfortunately. I guess my ultimate point was that reputations don't always come simply from how well you play. On a global level, Weiss is undoubtedly considered a finer footballer than Aluko, I don't think that he has done significantly more in his career to prove that he is that much better than Aluko though. He has achieved a bit more but I don't really think Weiss has done an exceptional amount to garner his reputation other than being at admittedly impressive clubs. It's too late, my heed is switched off.

The point was well made and I agree, maybe because Weiss has played in the CL, been at City while scoring goals in la liga have helped his reputation. His dad playing him in big international games have also helped that cause I guess.

Yeah it's far too late to start thinking about things too much... :sleep1:

Weiss was shite.

Weiss was too pacy for the team around him. countless times the wee man would make runs and there was no one near him to lay the ball off/receive the ball from. very harsh to blame him for being a sprightly forward thinking player when others were not.

I thot he was just ok, i seen past his ten step overs. Aluko can step over and go past his man then pass it. Weiss seemed to hold on to the ball to long.

This is very true.

He had some great moments for us, such as his debut and the quickly taken pass from the free kick that set up Jelavic for the winner in the League Cup final.

Aluko has been better for us but I think Weiss is the better player and will play at a higher level.

Need to remember when Weiss was here it was his 1st season with regular 1st team football, Aluko has had it and in this league for a few years.

(tu) This is bang on the money, imo. Would love to see them both in the same side- they'd rip the spl to shreds :drool: