Well funded London based consortium

Maybe through all my years in business and being a good Rangers man and letting everyone know this no matter where I have travelled.

You do come across various people as life moves on. Time will tell , have to add it's not a Texas Rangers post.

Okay fine but seriously why would a person or persons wanting to keep this under the radar let this out to you? Unless you are involved or close to the person or persons it makes no sense. Am not having a go just asking a few questions. The only time I have ever had a genuine lead or leads on news have come through the people I have worked with or known or in some cases both. I was ahead of the papers and all the other sources through a friend regards a few football scandal stories-he was very close to both stories one of which the papers did not use in the end despite there being proof. When questioned where I got the stories I did give up a source-with his approval as the news was confirmed mere minutes later.

Its the vagueness of what you are saying. If you genuinely have a lead surely you too would be bound to keep this quiet?

Again apologies if this comes across as aggressive was not my intention.

i'd thought of Fergie as well - he said a while ago that he would be looking to buy a football team when he was finished with Man Utd (lesser team than Rangers though but now the opportunity is there .....), he's also a Rangers man, knows football and the scottish game inside out, has fantastic contacts within the EPL and his brother was at a game a couple of weeks ago. However he has also stated that he intends to stay at Utd in some capacity after his management days are over - but that might have changed and he might see an involvement in Rangers as too good to pass up. I suppose we'll find out soon enough who these guys are.

That is also my background ......apart from the Man Utd

Londond based businessmen with the required welath, who have experience in football previously with a current EPL club.

so far the short list looks like;

Alan Sugar, Ex Spurs owner, Estmtd Net Worth: £700m

Ken Bates, Ex Chelsea owner, current Leeds owner, Estmtd Net Worth: £150m (lives in monaco also so possibly ties with CW?)

any others that fit the bill??

If we are in the realms of guessing here then maybe I'll throw in another name off the top of my head.

Bernie Eccelstone was previously at QPR.

Just because it says London based, doesn't necessarily mean that the club was in London.

Okay fine but seriously why would a person or persons wanting to keep this under the radar let this out to you? Unless you are involved or close to the person or persons it makes no sense. Am not having a go just asking a few questions. The only time I have ever had a genuine lead or leads on news have come through the people I have worked with or known or in some cases both. I was ahead of the papers and all the other sources through a friend regards a few football scandal stories-he was very close to both stories one of which the papers did not use in the end despite there being proof. When questioned where I got the stories I did give up a source-with his approval as the news was confirmed mere minutes later.

Its the vagueness of what you are saying. If you genuinely have a lead surely you too would be bound to keep this quiet?

Again apologies if this comes across as aggressive was not my intention.

Absolutely no problem bud...........maybe the person trusts me and knows my feelings for our club.

You know whit, anyone who reckons they know the name but are not prepared to share it then jist keep your fucking mouth shut about it, instead of posting on here "Na Na Na NA nA I know the name but I'm no telling you" whats the fucking point it justs winds people up, especially at this delicate time when most bears are on the edge of their fucking seats with shredded nerves hoping and praying it all goes well, I honestly thought better of you ED given the usual eloquence and respectfulness of your posts, this I am afraid is just bollocks, I'm glad you know thats great news, now either share it or keep your fucking trap shut about it.

You know whit, anyone who reckons they know the name but are not prepared to share it then jist keep your fucking mouth shut about it, instead of posting on here "Na Na Na NA nA I know the name but I'm no telling you" whats the fucking point it justs winds people up, especially at this delicate time when most bears are on the edge of their fucking seats with shredded nerves hoping and praying it all goes well, I honestly thought better of you ED given the usual eloquence and respectfulness of your posts, this I am afraid is just bollocks, I'm glad you know thats great news, now either share it or keep your fucking trap shut about it.

Point taken00000042.gif but I did say my lips are sealed. I am only answering posts.

I did say I had given my word and have proof of when told. Could be wrong there again could be right, not being smartass with that part .

No worries mate. Here's hoping some good news comes and its someone with the right intentions for the club.

If we are in the realms of guessing here then maybe I'll throw in another name off the top of my head.

Bernie Eccelstone was previously at QPR.

Just because it says London based, doesn't necessarily mean that the club was in London.

but QPR are in London????

but QPR are in London????

Yeah, I should've separated my thoughts out a bit more clearly. The part after Eccelstone was suggesting that the person who is involved might not necessarily have been involved with a London Club, that he just happens to be based there.

Eccelstone was just a wild guess from me. I mean it could be anybody for all the rest of us know, obviously ED is a bit more in the know :lol: