Greatest Ger?

Gaz92

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if there was another vote on this Coisty would win.

Dunno if Walter qualifies because he was never a player but apart from Helicopter Sunday Walter has given me my greatest ever memories as a Bluenose.

People like Ian Ferguson, Durrant, Gough and Bomber Brown would have to be high up on the list as well.

Super Ally, my hero growing up and a man I greatly admire, and a man whom I regularly refer to as the greatest Rangers man in our history. The man bleeds red white and blue. The banner vs motherwell was perfect, his loyalty will never be forgotten.

For me it has to be the Gallant Pioneers for without them we'd have no Teddy Bears to follow.

But like many other posters say, there's been alot of influential figures through the ages, Stuth, Waddell, Symon and Sir Walter...

My favourite player is Wee Super, a grew up watching him playing and every shirt my father got me as a boy had McCoist 9 on the back.. To see him and Walter return was like a dream come true after what happened with that wee frog Le Guen, i remember crying like a kid at the time lol...

To see Ally cope with all he's had to take lately, with a kind of dignity that would make Bill Struth proud has only just affirmed my admiration for the wee man... :praise:

I've heard stories about JG being a bit of a dick when folk have met him but I've never heard a bad word said about Super. Can anyone confirm the JG thing or tell me I'm talking shit?

I've a celtic supporting friend who recently passed away, his auntie stayed next door to Big John and he'd see John often when he visited his aunt, told me many many times that Big John is an absolute gentleman..