Transfers

Sturridge being lined up by Liverpool to replace Carroll.

Exactly what they don't need imo. He's a great player, butthey need someone who can put goals in the back of the net. Suarez, Borini and Sturidge are all too similar. Good players, butnot great finishers.

Exactly what they don't need imo. He's a great player, butthey need someone who can put goals in the back of the net. Suarez, Borini and Sturidge are all too similar. Good players, butnot great finishers.

If they want an English based player then I think Liverpool need Darren Bent.

(tu)

I don't really get the hype over Richards tbh. He's still young, but he hasn't developed like people thought he would when he broke in to the England side a few years ago.

He was very good at the start of last season, he was attacking from right back and it gave City a new dimension going forward. But he started to become exposed hence Zabaleta replacing him.

He was very good at the start of last season, he was attacking from right back and it gave City a new dimension going forward. But he started to become exposed hence Zabaleta replacing him.

I think Zabaleta is really under rated. probably the most under rated full back in The Premiership, which is an odd thing to say considering he starts for the Champions every week. :lol:

I think Zabaleta is really under rated. probably the most under rated full back in The Premiership, which is an odd thing to say considering he starts for the Champions every week. :lol:

Definitely. Mancini has a lot of faith in his defensive abilities as well, considering he has started him in a back three against Liverpool and Chelsea. I think he's better than Maicon as well.

Yeah I can see where you're coming from there.

Although Sturridge does put away chances better when played through the middle, so could be a good signing for them.

I'm going to go against popular opinion here and say that I think Blackburn is the perfect move for Jordan Rhodes at this stage of his career.

He scored 40 odd goals in league 1 last season, but making the jump from League 1 to The Premiership is pretty big and he is only going to develop further if he is playing on a weekly basis. Would that have happened at say Fulham who have Petric and are about to add Berbatov to their team? I doubt it.

For all the hate that Steve Kean gets he does set his team up to play really attacking football, and they are going to be one of the favourites for the Championship this season and IMO that is only going to benefit an out and out striker like Rhodes is.

As far as his international career goes, I'm not buying in to all the Rhodes hype just yet. Every other season some Scottish forward comes through who looks like he will "lead the line" for years to come: McFadden, Boyd, Mackail-Smith, Goodwillie. Rhodes is just the next in line to that title and it will stay that way until he proves that he wasn't just a one season wonder.

Not following the 'we hate Blackburn for no apparent reason' crowd. Tut tut. ;)

Aston Villa have had a bid accepted for Fulham forward Clint Dempsey. The United States international, who is valued at about £7m, remains a target for Liverpool although swap-deals involving Charlie Adam and then Jordan Henderson collapsed yesterday leaving a proposed move to Anfield on hold.