Transfers

They could have got Shaqiri for £15 odd million and he is miles ahead of Lallana no matter what the English media would have you believe.

Lambert is nothing more than an average English striker he had a decent season last year but he isn't anything special and to pay 8 odd million for someone his age was ridiculous.

Can I will give you.

£4 million for a striker that had a goal ratio of 1 in 2.5 games for Southampton over the last 2 seasons. Good bit of business.

Chelsea offer Toni Kroos £125,000-a-week to complete transfer to Stamford Bridge

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/25/chelsea-offer-toni-kroos-125000-a-week-to-complete-transfer-to-stamford-bridge-4775297/

I understand they're low on midfielders........

Yeah because they were so weak last season taking a title challenge eright to the final day of the season :lol:

If they manage to get Can and add to their defence I see no reason they can't have another good Season even with Champions League football.

Yeah because they were so weak last season taking a title challenge eright to the final day of the season :lol:

If they manage to get Can and add to their defence I see no reason they can't have another good Season even with Champions League football.

Last year they didn't have cup competitions or europe.

I think you GROSSLY underestimate the squad depth needed to put in both a title challenge and do well in the CL. The CL can cripple a club with injuries.

Lambert was clearly brought in as backup for lower key games.

As far as I am concerned lallana is a decent all round attacking mid but he is worth no more than 12-15mil for the output he provided, not 25mil which is overpaying by about 10 million

Shaqiri is a MUCH better player and bayern will probably sell for less due to him wanting first team action

Coutinho seems a forgotten man for some reason, can't believe he didn't make the Brazil squad.

Coutinho seems to blow hot and cold. He'll be shite against crystal palace one week, and then run the show against Man City the next. I reckon Brazil wanted a couple of more solid players to play in behind the likes of Neymar and Oscar.

Last year they didn't have cup competitions or europe.

I think you GROSSLY underestimate the squad depth needed to put in both a title challenge and do well in the CL. The CL can cripple a club with injuries.

Lambert was clearly brought in as backup for lower key games.

As far as I am concerned lallana is a decent all round attacking mid but he is worth no more than 12-15mil for the output he provided, not 25mil which is overpaying by about 10 million

Shaqiri is a MUCH better player and bayern will probably sell for less due to him wanting first team action

Not gonna lie, I was extremely impressed with them last season, saying that I don't think they'll last long in Europe. Think they're main concentration will be finishing top 4 again. Not a massive fan of Lallana either, but he's an improvement in their midfield imo. Having him and Coutinho isn't a bad thing.

Am I missing something about Shaqiri btw. Has he been transfer listed? I will agree, even before he went to Bayern I thought he was brilliant. Would be a coup for any PL club.