AVB

I have a funny feeling that AVB would do quite well at Liverpool. The only really senior players which could be said to be massive ego's would be Gerrard and Carragher imo. Carragher is already on his way out, and hopes for a coaching role at Liverpool. I feel that the Chelsea players contempt of AVB mostly stemmed from the fact that AVB was Jose's assistant way back in 05. That image would have remained in the Chelsea players mind and could quite possibly have contributed to the way things went. For other posters comparing the ego's of Liverpool players - the old guard of Chelsea are very friendly with Abramovich (sp) and have been at the club for 6+ years. The newer arrivals such as Suarez and Carroll are hardly comparable to that, and will lack the massive influence and arrogance of the Chelsea senior players.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far from identical winners medals though....

Not far off in European medals mate. Terry I wouldnt count as a winner for a start for being a twat and walking about the pitch with a strip on after sitting in the stand or whatever.

Carragher and Gerrard both won it aswell.

Not far off in European medals mate. Terry I wouldnt count as a winner for a start for being a twat and walking about the pitch with a strip on after sitting in the stand or whatever.

Carragher and Gerrard both won it aswell.

That's 1 medal.

Chelsea players like Terry and Drogba have 3 EPL, countless FA cup and a few League cup medals too.

Much more medals than Liverpool players like Cara and Gerrard

I didn't really think Carragher had an ego.

Always seems to take it on the chin when he is not playing.

Me neither, he has humilty enough to realise he is no longer first pick. Sat night and Terry changing into his strip before trying to hog the limlight after a game he never played in tells you all you need to know about him.

Why sack Rafa then bring him back?

I like AVB though

Rafa was sacked by the old owners due to politics, the 7th place league finish was the perfect excuse to sack him, they have new owners now, and Rafa's record with Liverpool is fantastic, still, doubt if he came back he could take them back to the heights he had them at.

In fairness he's just a massive twat.

Yeah he sure is, owen haargreaves surely falls into the category of a footballer who doesnt want to play football either!! There are many other guys too who will probably be more than happy to do fuck all if they get paid 20 + g a week. sad but true :anguish: