Charles Green statement on todays meeting

CHARLES GREEN, who is leading a consortium purchasing Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement tonight.

He said: "I had a very constructive meeting with the Rangers Fans' Fighting Fund today and we discussed a wide range of issues.

"We are united in recognising that a successful outcome to the CVA proposal is extremely important for the club, our fans and many businesses who have dealings with Rangers. Approval of the CVA would give everyone a huge boost of confidence.

"I provided the fans with further details of my consortium's vision for the future of Rangers. Understandably, supporters are wary given the recent past at Ibrox but I will continue to have dialogue with the fans and inform them every step of the way.

"We will be taking Rangers forward to better days and one idea I put forward today is my plan to rename Murray Park.

"Following discussions with the supporters, we will be asking season ticket holders to vote on whether to rename Murray Park as either the Moses McNeil Academy or the Davie Cooper Academy. We will be asking supporters to vote when they renew their season tickets.

"We also discussed the situation with the SFA player embargo and I made it clear that the club's position remains that we want to see a satisfactory outcome.

"We hope that in trying to achieve this there is general recognition this has become a difficult and complex issue for everyone."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2803340

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something we've all been crying out for all the way through this mess. A bit disappointed that I won't be able to vote on the name change for not having a season ticket though. Just can't afford it but attend every game I can.

I'd opt for the Moses McNeil Academy - no disrespect to Coop.

No real information regarding proof of funding.

Naming rights are just a distraction at the momentm we must focus on the main target ... saving the club from closure.

Renaming the training academy can come later (my choice would be Moses McNeil)

Why do I get the feeling the renaming of Murray Park (which I agree with) is a sop to the fans and an attempt to buy us off? The jury is still out for me.

To be fair, it's not just him saying "We want to rename it with the fans help", he's actually going to set up a vote according to the statement. I think it's encouraging.

changing the name of murry park is the right move to make and letting the ST holders vote on it is a great idea,more info on what else was discussed would be helpful (tu) (tu)

To me this is a step in the right direction. By renaming MP it helps eradicate, in name, part of the past regimes that have brought our club to its knees.

Also by engaging in dialogue and recognising the fans' fears, I think this go a long way to re-establishing confidence in the owners of the club.

I am not saying to drop our guard - far from it but his approach is correct at this time.

The Davie Cooper Academy gets my vote!

Much ado about saying the sum total of fuck all, dingers will be mobilising tbk's serfs for more jolly japes and jousting, how the fuck does he fit it all in with being leggo's book agent as well I am told.

Davie Cooper for me.