Shock and Awe

Outwith Old Firm games, Name the two games at Ibrox that you've seen that have been,

1. Shock - Hamilton Accies for me, 1987, 20th birthday aswell (td)

2. Awe - Leeds Utd 1992, what a night, all the hype from the media, totally written off. Mcallister's misshit shot in the first minute, then it was all about the Rangers (tu)

1. shock: can't remeber the exact game, but it was aroudn 10 years ago at ibrox in a domestic match. Russell Latapy was playing. i just remeber being so outraged at the shite i was watching, possibly the lowest in terms of quality, ive seen at ibrox.

2. Awe: Champions League match at home vs Inter Milan, match finished 1-1 but the atmosphere in the govan rear was like nothing i've experienced before or since. "hello, hello" was ringing in my ear drums for days afterwards.

Shock - CSKA Moscow at home 1993, How the fuck did we not score?

Awe - Sturm Graz at home 2000, De Boer masterclass. He was close to perfection that evening.

Was at the CSKA game aswell, was that not the tailend of 92? Yir rite though, how we didn't score that night i'll never know.

Shock was home to AEk Athens with Laudrup and boli playing there 1st games at ibrox . The awe I most remember wasn't at ibrox but at the paedodome .league cup final v hearts , tight game but some fantastic goals .

Shock was panathinaikos at home 0-3. By far the worst performance by a rangers team I had ever seen at ibrox, never even seemed to try that night.

2 awesome if I may.

Marseilles comeback when I thought the Copland was going to explode, then hanging on for dear life as the rest of the ground realised that big mark's header went in, like a sonic boom.

2nd was the 7 minute destruction of killie , all the bears going fuckin mental, witnessing the best attacking play seen by any team in Europe that day, totally awesome by the ready triangle of Naismith , lafferty and jelavic . Aided by Davis. We would have hammered anybody's greatest team that day. What made it even more special was the shite that had gone on all season and the fact the gers had to win every game in the run in, and did so with attacking verve, technique, clinical finishing and flair. Never been so proud.

No Surrender

Rab

Shock was panathinaikos at home 0-3. By far the worst performance by a rangers team I had ever seen at ibrox, never even seemed to try that night.

2 awesome if I may.

Marseilles comeback when I thought the Copland was going to explode, then hanging on for dear life as the rest of the ground realised that big mark's header went in, like a sonic boom.

2nd was the 7 minute destruction of killie , all the bears going fuckin mental, witnessing the best attacking play seen by any team in Europe that day, totally awesome by the ready triangle of Naismith , lafferty and jelavic . Aided by Davis. We would have hammered anybody's greatest team that day. What made it even more special was the shite that had gone on all season and the fact the gers had to win every game in the run in, and did so with attacking verve, technique, clinical finishing and flair. Never been so proud.

No Surrender

Rab

The wife thought i was taking the piss for the Killie game, she was out hanging the washing, comes in and asks the score...the rest is history.

I'll give you it Rab, even though it wasn't at Ibrox.

Sorry never read the post, was too ready to write. If it's ibrox then it has to be dynamo kiev when ally's header went in. That roar, my fuckin god. Even the great man upstairs must have shat himself at the noise. In the same night when Oleg blokhin took on our whole left side and fired a worldy just past the far post. The silence, sharp intakes of breath and the watery farts in the ground that night were deafening. Ha ha. If you were there you will know what I mean. Dynamo were world class at the time. We never got the credit we deserved for that result

To the OP , thanks for the football talk, long overdue on here.

No Surrender

Rab

Shock : losing treble at hampden in '89 to millers dodgy goal . Probably only time ive shed a tear at a game.

Awe : gough's late equiliser in '87 at ibrox the day woods & Butcher got sent off . I remember being in the copland front and well into injury time Grant punts the ball over the bar and runs along the touchline waving 2-1 with his fingers . 10 seconds later you see the chunt drop to his knees as gough pokes it over the line . The noise was just incredible.

Shock would be that black stinking unwashed bastard just scoring against the germans there the now lol

Awe - the leeds game at ibrox was special, but so was the night we beat dynamo kiev at ibrox, the atmosphere was sensational that night

:lol: Thought he was gonna do my coupon.