Shove It! Green No To SPL U-turn.

dan_ger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good business is about credibility and the SPL has no credibility left. They have made it clear 5 clubs are on the road to ruin. The SPL has failed commercially.

Sponsors know that now. Are they likely to invest? Would you invest?

If I were a board member at Dundee right now I do be doing my up most to remain in the 1st Division and vice versa if I was working at Dunfermline.

The SPL is about to burst and the only man who can prevent it is Charles Green.

The SPL is fucked anyway. If they let us back in they would be in all heaps of trouble, if they let Dundee in Dunfermline will sue them, if they let Dunfermline in Dundee will probably sue, if they let no-one in they will be a bigger laughingstock than they already are. Really it should be disbanded.

Green will accept the SPL if they do a U-Turn..He is a businessman and would be stupid to say no.If though we're still subject to sanctions then he will say no IMO

But by leaking a story like this he is warning them we won't jump to their tune and accept SPL with sanctions. He's playing poker and enhancing his b argaining position.

He should have done the same when the original vote was due. If they'd known for certain no SPL= Div3 the result would have been different.

I really hope all the forces being marshalled by the Rangers haters to prevent us getting out of div3 are successful.

I'd only accept SPL with no sanctions. There is no point taking part in a league with a 25 point deduction so we can't win it, our income stolen and no chance of euro football.

I am all for letting them all rot in hell for what they have done to our club but unfortunatly we need to look at the bigger picture here. If we refuse to go back into the SPL and do start in D3 what will happen over the course of the 3 years minimum that we wont be there, will the SPL still exisit. It is a truley sorry state of affairs that the entire leagues future rest on one club.

Sad times ahead my fellow bears, (td)

I don't think Green will have a choice as they will probably say take the spl with sanctions or the licence won't be granted. If its Div 3 or what ever then we just need to knuckle down and get on with.

Wherever we end up today we need to draw a line in the sand and back Green even if it's the spl as any bitching won't get us anywhere forward.

Take today's decision and move forward.

Back Ally and the team, as no matter where we are, there is only one place we can go and that is up to the top of whichever leauge we're in and bagging another title/cup.

Roll on the football, that's what I say as this is completelly out our hands.

I am all for letting them all rot in hell for what they have done to our club but unfortunatly we need to look at the bigger picture here. If we refuse to go back into the SPL and do start in D3 what will happen over the course of the 3 years minimum that we wont be there, will the SPL still exisit. It is a truley sorry state of affairs that the entire leagues future rest on one club.

Sad times ahead my fellow bears, (td)

We can't play European football for three seasons anyway, so that's what the big aim is for a club like ours, so what's the point? Let the SPL implode, I for one, will laugh at every club that dies.

We'll be having a party when the SPL dies.

But by leaking a story like this he is warning them we won't jump to their tune and accept SPL with sanctions. He's playing poker and enhancing his b argaining position.

He should have done the same when the original vote was due. If they'd known for certain no SPL= Div3 the result would have been different.

I really hope all the forces being marshalled by the Rangers haters to prevent us getting out of div3 are successful.

I'd only accept SPL with no sanctions. There is no point taking part in a league with a 25 point deduction so we can't win it, our income stolen and no chance of euro football.

so what sanctions should there be for a newco then if they remain in the spl?

I have always thought Scottish football has too many clubs and that it needed pruning.

Maybe us in Div3 will cause the implosion at the top that will force a radical re think of the game. Team merging or going bust while we quietly re-build and re structure for our return.

Let the rot in other words

Any idea wen there meetin will end and hopefully end any uncertaintity on were we are playin this season if the cunts give us our liesence

not sure mate but it kicked off about 10, I don't know how long last years agm ended??

if we get no news before 1 then they will maybe break for lunch.

RANGERS will SNUB the SPL if panic-stricken chiefs offer them a dramatic return to the top flight.

SunSport can reveal senior Ibrox figures are against a desperate last-ditch move to re-admit them to a league on the brink of financial meltdown.

Owner Charles Green will have the final say in a row that's tearing Scottish football apart.

An Ibrox source said: "Mr Green will ultimately make any final decision but he is keen to listen to the fans who want the club to start with a clean slate in Division Three. That's where we want to go."

With several top-flight clubs nearing administration, panic has set in.

It's understood as many as FIVE are now considering allowing newco Gers into the top-flight.

The possibility of a sensational U-turn by bosses who emphatically voted 'No' to newco Rangers on July 4 WILL be discussed at the SPL's AGM at Hampden today.

But Gers would be opposed to any late deals, with many inside Ibrox keen to start again at the bottom.

Meanwhile, Inverness and Aberdeen last night joined Hearts and Dundee United by insisting they will NOT vote to let Gers back in.

Caley Thistle chairman Kenny Cameron said: "We are one of the few clubs with no bank debt, so our position is very far from threatening.

"We continue to hold the position that not allowing 'newco' Rangers into the SPL is the correct decision.

If this is confirmed - very bold move from Green! Or is it some sort of propaganda?

What will those that say he is ONLY interested in the money have to say about this?

Charles Green has a lot to lose by refusing to go into the SPL (if invited) but I reckon he's got a lot more to lose by accepting.

Financially, there's no doubt it's the best move for the club. Morally, it's wrong, and we would be joining the rest of the clubs who have embarrassed themselves already with their lack of sporting integrity.

If Green says NO to the SPL, he will win many supporters, he will have shut up the doubters who say he is only in it for the money, he will have proven to the world of football that HIS club upholds sporting integrity, and he will have given his Manager the chance to rebuild a team capable of scaling the heights again.

He will also know, like the rest of us, that someone somewhere will see to it that we get back into the top league next season. This means we, as a club, have taken our medicine and not bent over backwards to suit others who are about to find out just how that medicine tastes, and all the time someone will be working away in the background trying to find a solution that gets the Rangers back to the top league asap.

Don't give in to the neanderthals Mr Green. SFL 3 and work our way back to a position of strength, whilst the others falter and sink in their sea of debt.

I don't think the SPL will suffer as bad as everyone seems to think so, certainly the five clubs who seem to be on edge will only be four if Dundee come up, as Dundee United will more money from the Dundee derby than they would from us at Tannadice.

I don't think the SPL will suffer as bad as everyone seems to think so, certainly the five clubs who seem to be on edge will only be four if Dundee come up, as Dundee United will more money from the Dundee derby than they would from us at Tannadice.

Of course they will. How many SPL clubs have signed players this summer?

They will ALL need to make massive cuts to their budgets, including playing staff. Meantime, we'll be rebuilding in the 3rd Div, and return to the SPL with an already stronger team than most in the SPL.

Well, the ones that are still around anyway.