Sorry guys, bit of info?

macranger

Sorry guys, been on holiday, so can any one tell me what's been happening over the past few weeks. Especially the transfer embargo. I thought as a newco, we were a new team, so there were no embargoes. Did Gretna, Annan athletic, etc get anything? WTF is happening here, I'm lost.

Were you on holiday in a separate Universe?

Don't know about you but, when i go on holiday i don't spend my time on the internet, infact i don't go near a computer.

It's the only time of the year i don't here about Rangers or Scottish football.

So it's quite easy not to here any news.

Sorry guys, been on holiday, so can any one tell me what's been happening over the past few weeks. Especially the transfer embargo. I thought as a newco, we were a new team, so there were no embargoes. Did Gretna, Annan athletic, etc get anything? WTF is happening here, I'm lost.

No ones any the wiser. The story is that Rangers, SPL, SFL,SFA and Duff & Phelps all have to agree on punishments/sanctions before we can get a licence. This could mean transfer embargo, stripping of titles, Rangers media rights being controlled by the SPL. If they can't agree then there will be no football at Ibrox. However it would also mean that the SPL can't strike a TV deal and could go bankrupt. Thats the SPL itself not the clubs.

transfer embargo stand from 1st september , it was basically accept it or no football as far as im aware .

we are now trying to sign spl rejects to build a belter of a team for division 3 and 2, dean sheils gary kenneth etc

not alot of info but thats as much as i can give you

Best place to go is the rangers.co.uk website and read Murray statement then mccoist

News papers and sfa think the deal is done Murray and Mcoist don't and differ on how it may pan out.

Welcome back to to loony bin.

Thanks mate, nothing changes eh?

Were you on holiday in a separate Universe?

I've been working down in Wales for weeks, and with no access to a computer, and the radio and papers not seeming to know that Rangers actually exist, I lost track too except from phonecalls back home, I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to keep track of the news when you are abroad (assuming that's where the OP was) especially with about 5 new stories breaking every day.

Transfer Embargo is a condition the SFA are putting on us getting our SFA Licence transferred from oldco to newco. It starts September 1st, so we have a month to sort our team out for a season and a half. There are other issues to be ironed out, such as the SPL still wanting to live off of us despite everyone agreeing on booting us out. But hopefully this will all be sorted by early next week.

As I said earlier, with the same SFA licence, we are the same club. That is why Green and co. are having to compromise. If we don't get it transferred, it probably means no Rangers.

MacRanger -- My take..

We are still awaiting our license. But of course, nothing is straight forward. The SFA issued a statement that we would get our license this week as the transfer embargo was agreed (Sept 1-Aug 31) meaning we could sign players. However, things got complicated when the SPL (who have to agree to our license) stepped in saying they wanted a cut of the media rights from the SFL.

We have also asked that the SPL stop their dual contract investigation. So.. Dual contract investigation being dropped vs media rights?

Sadly,the SPL have a say since they are one of the parties that need to agree to issuing our license it seems. But it does seem harsh? The word "Blackmail" has been bandied about.

Maybe our ace up our sleeve is the SFL who seem not to give a monkey's about the SPL and have their own share of outspoken chairmen? The Rangers being in the SFL is a windfall for them.. and I assume they want to make it count. Time is running out fast though. But it looks like our club are playing hardball at last. We (and the SFL) have the leverage here imho. If nothing can be agreed, then it's 4-1 against the SPL.

Apparently 5 parties need to agree. SFA (already said 'ok'), SFL -- Nae bother, "oldco, newco" and SPL.