Brian Kennedy offer for 51% of club

Anyone who believes that quote is from Brian Kennedy must button up the back!!

Are you talking about this quote issued from his media guy? I'd say there is a decent chance it's from Kennedy unless his media man has gone completely off the reservation.

"I have recently had several confidential meetings with a gentleman representing the shareholders of Sevco, with regards to my interest in purchasing a majority shareholding in Rangers Football Club.

The details of these meetings and the written offer I have submitted have been disclosed from within the club.

Now that this has leaked I have I have no alternative but to confirm that what is reported in the Daily Record regarding such matters is accurate.

I have no further comment to make at this time"

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It would only have taken one meeting for Green to tell Kennedy that he was only willing to sell 10-15% to any single investor.

Publicly we are told one thing, privately things are clearly at odds with the public statements.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss: all is not well in the kingdom...

Seems as though none of them have any interest in telling the fans the truth. Which is made all the more infuriating when I here how virtuous TBK or Mcoll/Park are in comparison with Green et al.

They are all lying and manipulating us. It wont stop until WE stop buying it - from all of them.

Green got 100 million of investors in sheff utd???

And hes struggling, by his own admission, to get money into us at the moment.

At the recent RFFF meeting, we had about £3m working capital according to Green, since then we have had one guy invest £1m, and we have another wage bill approaching.

We need investment, Green isn’t bringing it in, for whatever reason, so we have to look at all options.

And hes struggling, by his own admission, to get money into us at the moment.

At the recent RFFF meeting, we had about £3m working capital according to Green, since then we have had one guy invest £1m, and we have another wage bill approaching.

We need investment, Green isn’t bringing it in, for whatever reason, so we have to look at all options.

I agree.

I think that Green has a couple of problems.

The first is that he is running out of cash mainly because season ticket money is not coming in and hospitality has fallen through the floor. That situation may get better as 'pay at the gate' cash starts coming in (if we get a licence). However, even so, Rangers need £18 - £20 million a year just to keep the lights on. So, he has a couple of options ... either bring in new investors and new cash or ask the existing investors for more cash.

The second is that his business plan probably did not foresee Rangers starting in Div 3. He may have had a contingency plan for Div 1 but I think he hoped to stay in the SPL. That will have pushed back his projections by about three years and greatly complicated the task. It is much harder to get people to invest n a Div 3 club.

Now, I think that Brian Kennedy, astute businessman that he is, will have sensed the above. On the one hand, he is offering Green hard cash while, on the other hand, he is offering Green's investors an elegant way out with their capital intact. I don't know if Green will take it ... we will see.

However, and we all need to be aware of this, we are at the beginning of a long and hard road. Whoever owns us next week, there are serious financial and other challenges ahead. Just buying the club is one thing. Turning us around and making us successful is quite another.

Because the supporters are the biggest investors i.e. season ticket sales. The vast majority of our support would be far more willing to part with their cash if Brian Kennedy's in control.

I certainly would not be happy to pay anything upfront considering his sales and company career history not to mention the results of his purchase of Stockport County.While I am not sure of Green his motives are transparent in that he wants to make money from building the club.What does Kennedy really want since he has already stated he has little interest in football and does not want to own a football club?

I sincerely hope Green proves his doubters wrong. If Kennedy or Bomber ever do get control will they at least be given a fair chance? I wonder if any dissenters will ask that fans don't buy season tickets.

According to BBC the club have had no negotiations with BK - prob BK and Traynor having a love in that caused the story. Green says not for sale end of.

According to BBC the club have had no negotiations with BK - prob BK and Traynor having a love in that caused the story. Green says not for sale end of.

of course he has not spoken to the club look at his statement BK is in talks with Sevco. If you ask the right questions you may get the right answers

Why did Green not then say that Kennedy has been in discussions with Sevco (if indeed he has). It would be disingenuous at best to make a statement that he has not spoken to the club, if discussions were ongoing with Sevco. For me, the two are indivisible.

of course he has not spoken to the club look at his statement BK is in talks with Sevco. If you ask the right questions you may get the right answers

are you really that thick - SEVCO - what are you talking about ???

I agree.

I think that Green has a couple of problems.

The first is that he is running out of cash mainly because season ticket money is not coming in and hospitality has fallen through the floor. That situation may get better as 'pay at the gate' cash starts coming in (if we get a licence). However, even so, Rangers need £18 - £20 million a year just to keep the lights on. So, he has a couple of options ... either bring in new investors and new cash or ask the existing investors for more cash.

The second is that his business plan probably did not foresee Rangers starting in Div 3. He may have had a contingency plan for Div 1 but I think he hoped to stay in the SPL. That will have pushed back his projections by about three years and greatly complicated the task. It is much harder to get people to invest n a Div 3 club.

Now, I think that Brian Kennedy, astute businessman that he is, will have sensed the above. On the one hand, he is offering Green hard cash while, on the other hand, he is offering Green's investors an elegant way out with their capital intact. I don't know if Green will take it ... we will see.

However, and we all need to be aware of this, we are at the beginning of a long and hard road. Whoever owns us next week, there are serious financial and other challenges ahead. Just buying the club is one thing. Turning us around and making us successful is quite another.

*Your remarks (I've added the bold). Herein lies the problem.

We are a club that cannot afford overheads of £18m to £20m - certainly not when we're at least four years (six, maybe?) away from qualifying for Europe and the cash cow that it is.

We're in the financial grubber and our income stream is nowhere near what it once was. £18m to £20m running costs are not on. It's unsustainable. :(

Someone somewhere within the club needs to make cuts of outrageous proportions to allow us to continue trading and whilst the big earners leaving us has reduced those overheads we're still top heavy with staff, etc, if the figures you're quoting are anywhere near accurate.

We will, one day, return to greatness and back to the top of the pile - but right now we need to live within a very strict budget in a lower league set up that has limited earnings potential.

Funny thing is when Kennedy first popped his head above the parapet they were all gunning for him, minute he gave their clique a second he was a great guy.

I think it helps Kennedy that he has been talking to all the supporters groups ..... yep, even Rangers Unite have spoken to him. That helps change perceptions.

*Your remarks (I've added the bold). Herein lies the problem.

We are a club that cannot afford overheads of £18m to £20m - certainly not when we're at least four years (six, maybe?) away from qualifying for Europe and the cash cow that it is.

We're in the financial grubber and our income stream is nowhere near what it once was. £18m to £20m running costs are not on. It's unsustainable. :(

Someone somewhere within the club needs to make cuts of outrageous proportions to allow us to continue trading and whilst the big earners leaving us has reduced those overheads we're still top heavy with staff, etc, if the figures you're quoting are anywhere near accurate.

We will, one day, return to greatness and back to the top of the pile - but right now we need to live within a very strict budget in a lower league set up that has limited earnings potential.

Yep .... just think of the running costs of Ibrox and Auchenhowie. Then how many employees do Rangers have? Over 200 I think. Even if the biggest salaries have left, that is a decent chunk of change. Say £20k per employee and you have £4 million/year at the very least and that is probably on the conservative side. Add to that the cost of stewarding and policing (£300k a year) on match days. It all adds up.

Then take the revenue side. Assume average ST price of £300 for Div 3 and lets say we sell 30,000 of them. That is £9 million. Lets be generous and add another £9 million from other sources. We might be able to make break-even but there is no slack and no money for investment in the team or elsewhere. If season ticket sales are down, crowds are down and merchandise sales are down then we are in trouble.

This news was leaked from Ibrox, yes ? Bid was in more than two weeks ago, why make it public now ? Could be Green looking a way out ?

More like Kennedy ramping up the pressure on Green.

Absolutely. care to check out Chrales Green's statement and then apologise??

The bid is for real. Kennedy has been speaking to a couple of people I know. It is a poker match right now and you have to interpret what people say and don't say in that context.

The bid is for real. Kennedy has been speaking to a couple of people I know. It is a poker match right now and you have to interpret what people say and don't say in that context.

No one should ever have majority share again in Rangers