Everyone's celebrating, but...

...we've gained SFA membership, but the SPL will still investigate the EBT payments. For me the only victory in any of this would be if we got the SPL to back down and we got our membership anyway. The way things stand the SPL can investigate EBTs and administer whatever punishment they see fit, including the stripping of titles. Much as I'm glad we have the membership, and that Green is making all the right noises, I can't help but feel this isn't the most satisfactory outcome.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...we've gained SFA membership, but the SPL will still investigate the EBT payments. For me the only victory in any of this would be if we got the SPL to back down and we got our membership anyway. The way things stand the SPL can investigate EBTs and administer whatever punishment they see fit, including the stripping of titles. Much as I'm glad we have the membership, and that Green is making all the right noises, I can't help but feel this isn't the most satisfactory outcome.

Awwwwwww naw midnight Mass is a saturday

First and foremost, we are a football club.

To play football, we needed membership of the SFA.

The SPL can investigate what they want, I believe that Green has set his stall out and will not sit back and let them take silverware from us without a fight.

Lets do this right and not try to operate in a cloak and dagger way like big jock newco.

It wont be as easy as that though, it'll be fought tooth and nail and be taken to the courts if need be.

I would happily donate to a fund(to get the best legal team possible) if we had to go to court over title stripping and I am certain thosands of like minded Rangers fans would too.

I agree we need to get back to the football, but the membership is being celebrated as a victory rather than the very least we could have expected. That's what I can't really understand.

First and foremost, we are a football club.

To play football, we needed membership of the SFA.

The SPL can investigate what they want, I believe that Green has set his stall out and will not sit back and let them take silverware from us without a fight.

Lets do this right and not try to operate in a cloak and dagger way like big jock newco.

Heaven forbid you'd address the point rather than fuck about with the usual ad hominem shite that prevails on here. I'm a fucking blue nose and I'm concerned that this isn't the end by a long shot. Get a grip.

It's not hte end of the EBT's but let's just enjoy the good news tonight pal that the Rangers will be playing football again sooner rather than later. Charlie already said he will fight it to the very end anyway so that's good enough for me as he has proven he has some balls by not giving up our right of appeal to these fannies.

On a side note, how's Nitsy these days? Used to stay there up in Pinmore.

Not satisfactory at all , only time it will be for you is when the priests helmet engages in your ring piece

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I swear to fuck, it's fucked beyond belief that you can't post a bit of realism on here without being accused of being a dirty mhank.

We've capitulated, pure and simple. We could have agreed to this shite about a week ago. There's no victory.

For what it is worth NB I totally agree with you and have made similar points on another thread. The euphoria to this announcement tonight frustrates and confuses me.

IT'S MR.GREEN YA BAWBAG