Queen's Park player threatens to crock Rangers players

Steady on. That's entirely uncalled for

I am on here most days, I just don't feel the need to post very often.

If you want debate the subject then I am happy to do so, if you are only interested in telling folk to piss off, perhaps you are better say nothing at all.

As far as I can tell from the gripping article, the player never actually said he was going to injure anyone, he has said he is going to "nail" them. I see that as being absolutely fair game. How often have you heard coaches, commentators or arm chair tacticians say that a midfielder should "nail" his opponent early to set the tone for the match, show them who is boss. What about when Kevin Thomson nailed Robbie Keane in the old firm game for example. Fuckin brilliant tackle that ensured he was in his box the rest of the game.

This Queens Park player is a part timer and he has mentioned on his facebook status that he is gonna nail some of the big boys, for me that about as newsworthy as ... as.... well I really can't think of anything as un-newsworthy as this.

With all that's to be discussed you chose the most important topic of them all, at least we know what interests you enough to partake on the site, I'll defend my club and those within thank you.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no intention of defending the guy, I just think that, firstly this is not very newsworthy and it is disappointing that some rag has decided to run a story on it, I would much rather they ran stories on serious journalistic issues, such as Why is Liewell involved in SPL negotiations, why is Regan still in a job, Why is there no criminal investigation into Craig Whyte, why is it taking so long for the verdict on EBT's to be heard...etc etc... serious journalism.

And secondly, we would have to be pretty easily offended to to be up in arms about what has been said.

Its not like the guy is a model pro, he is a 23 year old part timer right? If Scott Brown had come out with this I would understand the fuss, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he did but some no-mark from the third divison of Scottish football saying he is going to nail a Rangers player is hardly earth shattering stuff.

His pal has said "break the xxxx broadfoots leg" and he has said "he is first on the list"... not bright obviously and I am not gonna defend him over saying that, but I just don't believe for a second that he has any intent of trying to injure our players. Its just a daft wee laddie, saying daft things in a daft forum.

With all that's to be discussed you chose the most important topic of them all, at least we know what interests you enough to partake on the site, I'll defend my club and those within thank you.

And good for you for defending our club and those within, I applaud you for it. If you check my post history, I have chosen to comment on other stuff as well in the 6 years I have been on the board. The main intent of my comment on this thread was actually that this is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things and I can't get excited about it. We should be focused on the bigger issues.

That, and Sundays are always a slow work day.

And good for you for defending our club and those within, I applaud you for it. If you check my post history, I have chosen to comment on other stuff as well in the 6 years I have been on the board. The main intent of my comment on this thread was actually that this is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things and I can't get excited about it. We should be focused on the bigger issues.

That, and Sundays are always a slow work day.

You care enough to defend the twat, I dont care if he is part time or young, thats hardly reason enough to dismiss his comments or intentions, and certainly nothing in his comments show he was playing to his mates trying to be smart unless you believe he never meant it, hmmm he thought it was private, i'm sure the only thing he is sorry about is being caught out.

I would assume he was pissing about with his mates. Obviously not the sharpest tool in the box if he cant even figure out facebook.

Non-story. :wanker:

disagree on it being a non-story.

pissing about with his mates or not..... " i can gaurentee a meaty challenge on black" is pretty much an assault threat.

If this was one of our players he would be hung, drawn and quartered for a statement like that.

This SFA & SPL are aware of this story! There thinking of charging Rangers with bringing the game into disrepute, because we are fielding players that makes other players want to be violent towards them. The rule for this and the punishment will be made up at a hearing soon!

I have no intention of defending the guy, I just think that, firstly this is not very newsworthy and it is disappointing that some rag has decided to run a story on it, I would much rather they ran stories on serious journalistic issues, such as Why is Liewell involved in SPL negotiations, why is Regan still in a job, Why is there no criminal investigation into Craig Whyte, why is it taking so long for the verdict on EBT's to be heard...etc etc... serious journalism.

And secondly, we would have to be pretty easily offended to to be up in arms about what has been said.

Its not like the guy is a model pro, he is a 23 year old part timer right? If Scott Brown had come out with this I would understand the fuss, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if he did but some no-mark from the third divison of Scottish football saying he is going to nail a Rangers player is hardly earth shattering stuff.

His pal has said "break the xxxx broadfoots leg" and he has said "he is first on the list"... not bright obviously and I am not gonna defend him over saying that, but I just don't believe for a second that he has any intent of trying to injure our players. Its just a daft wee laddie, saying daft things in a daft forum.

A non story? Bollocks

Really? Is that what passes for journalism in Scotland these days?

A 23 year old amateur footballer playing in the lowest level of the Scottish Leagues says he is going to hit our players with a hefty challenge on his facebook page and then the journalist goes on to relay what his no-mark mates have to say about it. Fuck me. What a nation of sensitive wee souls we have become.

Complete non-story, when did football become such a ponces game.

Exactly mate!

One of my mates plays for a team down south and he always said that he would love to break Robbie Savages legs, but when they played each other it never even crossed his mind!

I dont really see how people can be offended by this, never mind calling for the SFA/SFL to ban him!

Hes just having a laugh with his mates...

You're a right comedian you are!! doh:lol::lol:

He's 23, not 13.

Okay, I concede that I do not have my finger on the pulse of what counts as news in todays Scotland.

I retract my previous statement that this is not newsworthy.

It is clearly something that many feel is worthy of column inches. I personally would prefer that more of the journalists time was spent actually investigating some of the scandalous atrocities that our club has been subjected to in the last few years rather than reporting that a plant hire worker in the third division wants to nail a professional footballer or two, but judging by the response I have received for suggesting this was trivial, it's the Daily Record who know their audience best.

Okay, I concede that I do not have my finger on the pulse of what counts as news in todays Scotland.

It is clearly something that many feel is worthy of column inches. I personally would prefer that more of the journalists time was spent actually investigating some of the scandalous atrocities that our club has been subjected to in the last few years rather than reporting that a plant hire worker in the third division wants to nail a professional footballer or two, but judging by the response I have received for suggesting this was trivial, it's the Daily Record who know their audience best.

More comedy gold! Come on mate, even not having your finger on the pulse you must know by now that the scottish mhedia only do 'serious investigations' when it's digging dirt on the Gers. Anything that might help us out or show us in a favourable light is what's deemed a 'non-story'. Pretty sure these a*seholes only ran the story so they could put the words 'Rangers player' and 'broken legs' in the same sentence.

Your on here most days as you confess so you know exactly what's what imo. We all wish they had better and bigger stories but we all know what's important in this cuntry and what's newsworthy.

Remember that wee rhat Chris Maguire did the same on Bebo (the good old days), saying how he was gonna snap Hutton and Ferguson. Wee prick shat himself when we played them at Pittodrie and got a power of abuse at Ibrox too.

Rangers fan my arse.

Just imagine it. You have supported this huge team all your life (apparently), you're standing in the tunnel, at Ibrox, 50,000 men woman and children are singing Simply the Best while you stand beside the men who proudly wear 'your' teams colours, you start to walk down the tunnel, leading your team no less, out into that famous stadium, your emotions surge as you realise a dream that few 'real' supporters ever will (even though it's not in 'your' colours), as you emerge into a cacophony of noise and singing, suddenly things change, the singing turns to a few whistles and jeers, then the booing starts and all of a sudden, within seconds, the whole stadium is booing and shouting, you wonder what's happened.

Then it hits you.

You've just walked onto the pitch at Ibrox, something you have dreamed of doing since you were a small boy and everybody knows who you are, except the whistles and the jeers and the boos and all the shouts of c*nt, a*sehole, d*ckhead, they are all aimed at you because you made a right tit of yourself by publicly posting a stupid comment that you were going to "nail a couple" of Rangers.

The crowd begin to cheer again, then, before you know it the whistle has went. Your players look to you as captain and you pick up the ball on the halfway line.

Then Ian Black braks your f*cking metatarsal and calls you a c*nt while Jig stares at you with a look of pity that will haunt you for the rest of your days.

Rangers fan? My arse.

This. You could totally understand the guy saying how he's looking forward to playing at Ibrox, would be a dream to score the winner (even if it is against Gers) but why on earth he's threatening to snap Black or Broadfoot I don't know. This is the sort of thing we could do without. I was wanting our guys to respect the teams we're up against for playing part-time, but when morons come out with this then they'll get all they deserve. He'll be lucky to even see the ball at Hampden, judging by Black's last performance there.