Gregory Vignal

I know this already in the runours section however I thought it deserved a thread

McLeish has been contacted by Gregory Vignal, who hopes to return to Ibrox seven years after helping them to become champions.

The 31 year-old full-back also won a League Cup winner’s medal while on loan from Liverpool, with whom he won the FA Cup, Uefa Cup and European Super Cup in 2001.

Now free agent Vignal, wants to help Ally McCoist’s side to charge through the lower leagues and he’s asked Alex McLeish, who also managed him at Birmingham City, to facilitate the move.

“You can see Rangers still have the allure,” said McLeish. “Gregory phoned me the other day and told me to put a word in for him with Coisty.

“There is Gregory, willing to come back to play in the Third Division and maybe he can help Coisty.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9456477/Rangers-in-crisis-Alex-McLeish-if-anyone-comes-to-collect-my-medals-Ill-give-them-a-right-hander.html

I say we get him in to have a look at him, never had a team last season however could definitely help take us up the leagues.

I tend to disagree here mate, 31 year old, played at the top level would easily walk the lower tiers of Scottish football and provide cover for midfield and defence.

At which point do we start giving our youngsters hope of getting a chance?

It's widely stated that youngsters wouldn't sign for Rangers even though they supported us because they thought they would have a better chance of playing somewhere else.

This is our chance to change that,we're in the 3rd division and while we need experience there has to be a line drawn for the future.

We're going to end up back in the SPL having to rebuild rather than having a team that's played together for 3 years and just having to add a couple of players.

Do we have a youngster that can do his job or is there a youngster out there that can do his job?

If yes it's a no-brainer.

If we get another left back in I can see Wallace playing left mid a lot this season.

That's what I thought initially, or the other way around- in that video, Ball is left back with Vignal further up.

I'd be OK with that I guess, although I'd rather we stick to a similar formation to the one we've been playing.

At which point do we start giving our youngsters hope of getting a chance?

It's widely stated that youngsters wouldn't sign for Rangers even though they supported us because they thought they would have a better chance of playing somewhere else.

This is our chance to change that,we're in the 3rd division and while we need experience there has to be a line drawn for the future.

We're going to end up back in the SPL having to rebuild rather than having a team that's played together for 3 years and just having to add a couple of players.

Do we have a youngster that can do his job or is there a youngster out there that can do his job?

If yes it's a no-brainer.

(tu) Fans have been moaning for youngsters every year then when we get the perfect chance to give them an opportunity with no pressure most of the same fans want to sign washed up old guys who will need replaced in a couple of years again.

If the young players we have aren't good enough to come in and do a good job in this division then we'd be as well releasing them all and starting from scratch. If the youngsters are good enough but don't get a chance then they should pack up and go elsewhere because if you can't get a chance in division 3 you have no hope as we rise the divisions.

(tu) Fans have been moaning for youngsters every year then when we get the perfect chance to give them an opportunity with no pressure most of the same fans want to sign washed up old guys who will need replaced in a couple of years again.

If the young players we have aren't good enough to come in and do a good job in this division then we'd be as well releasing them all and starting from scratch. If the youngsters are good enough but don't get a chance then they should pack up and go elsewhere because if you can't get a chance in division 3 you have no hope as we rise the divisions.

(tu)

Spot on.