US PGA major

Gillete

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome not a fan of him but brilliant golf none the less.

I know there is a long way to go tonight and the weather is turning, but the standard of golf from poulter and Rory mac is sheer poetry. Can't believe how many of you golf freaks are on here. I got interested late but I'm so hooked. Am I the only sad muppet who takes Thursday to Monday off work to watch the US Open, the Open and Ryder Cup? Has any ody been to any of these, how tense is it, and which of you players is the best, have you ever played each other. I have a sneaky, sneeky feeling there is a pro amongst us all.

No Surrender

Rab

I know there is a long way to go tonight and the weather is turning, but the standard of golf from poulter and Rory mac is sheer poetry. Can't believe how many of you golf freaks are on here. I got interested late but I'm so hooked. Am I the only sad muppet who takes Thursday to Monday off work to watch the US Open, the Open and Ryder Cup? Has any ody been to any of these, how tense is it, and which of you players is the best, have you ever played each other. I have a sneaky, sneeky feeling there is a pro amongst us all.

No Surrender

Rab

I was at Turnberry the year Faldo won.

Wouldnt do it again,you see next to nothing.

Much better couching it in front of the telly.

I never miss a shot in the majors(god bless Sky+)

No Surrender

Rab

Been at the last two Opens at St Andrews Rab, followed Tiger the first one and beer tent the second.

Been at the last two Opens at St Andrews Rab, followed Tiger the first one and beer tent the second.

Ha ha. Mate watching that man play golf must be such an honour, especially when he is smiling, genuine different world class. I don't care how many pretenders there are. They all know if he is smiling on his way round, then they are fucked, because no other has that talent. Nobody I always find Tiger quite sociable and respectful when interviewed.

Like Michael Johnson as well, he can say what he likes, people talk about and hang on his every word. Why not indeed. Q

Ha ha. Mate watching that man play golf must be such an honour, especially when he is smiling, genuine different world class. I don't care how many pretenders there are. They all know if he is smiling on his way round, then they are fucked, because no other has that talent. Nobody I always find Tiger quite sociable and respectful when interviewed.

Like Michael Johnson as well, he can say what he likes, people talk about and hang on his every word. Why not indeed. Q

Rab, I have played golf since I was 8, love the game, I can be a bad tempered bastard at times (primarily because I think I am better than i really am) however for my heroes I expect very high standards of behaviour and the man cannot hold a candle to Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Phil Mickleson, etc when they are interviewed no matter how they play. Woods is an ignoramous, no more highlighted than when during masters around 3 or 4 years ago he was playing with Phil, both of them shot the lights out of the front nine in the last round, both fell away eventually, during post round interviews, Phil was very gracious, said it was great fun and i am sure Tiger found it the same and many more words to that effect, Woods basically suggested he did not care that Phil was having fun, he did not win and therefore the question to him was an irrelevance.

Glad you enjoy the game now Rab, it is addictive, one good shot a week brings you back, just pick a better role model tongue.gif

Rab, I have played golf since I was 8, love the game, I can be a bad tempered bastard at times (primarily because I think I am better than i really am) however for my heroes I expect very high standards of behaviour and the man cannot hold a candle to Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, Phil Mickleson, etc when they are interviewed no matter how they play. Woods is an ignoramous, no more highlighted than when during masters around 3 or 4 years ago he was playing with Phil, both of them shot the lights out of the front nine in the last round, both fell away eventually, during post round interviews, Phil was very gracious, said it was great fun and i am sure Tiger found it the same and many more words to that effect, Woods basically suggested he did not care that Phil was having fun, he did not win and therefore the question to him was an irrelevance.

Glad you enjoy the game now Rab, it is addictive, one good shot a week brings you back, just pick a better role model tongue.gif

Spot-on post,bud.

I would add a couple of names to your list of golf's gentlemen.

I had the honour of meeting Lee Trevino many years ago(an absolute grade A gent).

And,my favourite golfer of all time,the late,great Payne Stewart.

Regards your one good shot statement-I play off of 12 but on Saturday I played like I had picked up clubs for the first time.Until the 18th! I birdied the toughest hole on the course and am now chomping at the bit to get back out there next Saturday.

Deliciously addictive!

Spot-on post,bud.

I would add a couple of names to your list of golf's gentlemen.

I had the honour of meeting Lee Trevino many years ago(an absolute grade A gent).

And,my favourite golfer of all time,the late,great Payne Stewart.

Regards your one good shot statement-I play off of 12 but on Saturday I played like I had picked up clubs for the first time.Until the 18th! I birdied the toughest hole on the course and am now chomping at the bit to get back out there next Saturday.

Deliciously addictive!

I will always remember Payne Stewart conceding to Monty at Brookline given the rather over exuberant US celebrations, was a complete gentleman and an fantastic golfer.

Trevino was brilliant, even in Happy Gilmour.

well done on the 18th, always keeps the juices flowing until your next game.

Will be ridiculous if Royal Portrush doesn't get the Open soon.

It won't. The R&A have said recently that they can't another course being added to the list of Open courses.

Think it will also be played as a Par 70 rather than the current 72 to make it harder.

Fantastic finish there. :ulster:

Great job Rory! What a great kid, sick of hearing about tiger woods over here :( You got this kid whos a class act through and through who is actually playing GREAT and all we hear is how tiger woods is mentally :(

Anyway score one for the irish :crabflute::P

Glad to see McIlroy knuckle down and get his rewards. I think the little "rebuke" from Jack Nicklaus recently has made him realise what you'll get with hard work and some application. By his own admission he wasn't as focused as he should have been. Rory has all the talent in the world to dominate the game like Tiger did.

As for Tiger Woods. I cannot stand him as a person. As a golfer his bast days are well and truly over. He may well win the odd tournament but his troubles are in his head not his swing. No amount of practice will repair the damage to his ego since his air of invicibility was smashed away.

Oh and i had a cheeky tenner e/w on Petterson at 101/1. :beer1:

Glad to see McIlroy knuckle down and get his rewards. I think the little "rebuke" from Jack Nicklaus recently has made him realise what you'll get with haerd work and some application. By his own admission he wasn't as focused as he should have been. Rory has all the talent in the world to dominate the game like Tiger did.

As for Tiger Woods. I cannot stand him as a person. As a golfer his bast days are well and truly over. He may well win the odd tournament but his troubles are in his head not his swing. No amount of practice will repair the damage to his ego since his air of invicibility was smashed away.

Oh and i had a cheeky tenner e/w on Petterson at 101/1. :beer1:

Now that bet is a nice little earner.