More Trialists

The Monk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Greek defender and different Brazilian winger aswell as Moritz to play in closed door game tomorrow.

Scott Burns @ScottBurns7530m

Been told that Sabastien Faure, a Greek defender and Brazilian winger could also play in the #rangers game v #accies

Sure that Brazilian winger isn't just Moritz buddy?

Edit - you answered my question before I even posted!

I am pleased we aren't just going for washed up British players looking for a last pay day and we are in desperate need of a winger so hopefully he impresses and hopefully the Greek defender is a good right back. The scouting department have certainly stepped up their game this year.

I can't think of one Brazilian who has been successful in the UK at any level really they just don't seem to suit British football for some reason.

Ramires at Chelsea?

Juninho & Emerson at Middlesbro?

Silvinho, Edu & Gilberto Silva at Arsenal?

Many more I'm sure!

We are the only club in Scotland signing players, how the fuck aren't the media all over this? Every other year they have had us linked with every player in the northern hemisphere but the one year we actually are signing players the media has no clue who they are!

Ramires at Chelsea?

Juninho & Emerson at Middlesbro?

Silvinho, Edu & Gilberto Silva at Arsenal?

Many more I'm sure!

Ramires is a good player I didn't realise he was Brazilian so my bad there.

The rest done a job with some good players around them and apart from Edu didn't play at a level as high again.

Obviously various factors for this mainly the players ages and wage demands but out of all the Brazilian players there has been one excellent player and the rest are little more than decent imo

Ramires is a good player I didn't realise he was Brazilian so my bad there.

The rest done a job with some good players around them and apart from Edu didn't play at a level as high again.

Obviously various factors for this mainly the players ages and wage demands but out of all the Brazilian players there has been one excellent player and the rest are little more than decent imo

Silvinho went on to play for Barcelona I believe, and Gilberto Silva was a huge player for Arsenal...captain I think?

That said, I agree that there are enormous cultural differences between here & Brazil, not too mention slightly different approaches to how football should be played! Moritz has been in Turkey for 6 years, Emilson in Italy for nearly a decade so I don't think they should have the same problems adapting than if we signed some direct from Brazil.

Silvinho went on to play for Barcelona I believe, and Gilberto Silva was a huge player for Arsenal...captain I think?

That said, I agree that there are enormous cultural differences between here & Brazil, not too mention slightly different approaches to how football should be played! Moritz has been in Turkey for 6 years, Emilson in Italy for nearly a decade so I don't think they should have the same problems adapting than if we signed some direct from Brazil.

Sylvinho hardly played for Barcalona though kept out of the team by a far better player in Gio and with the players Silva had around him I could have looked good just sitting destroying in front of an excellent back four. (my god that was hard to say I hate Arsenal.)

I hope your right though and our Brazilian and potential new Brazilian are able to buck the trend for us.