lathos

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ipswich make Rangers an offer for Maurice Edu

Rangers have received an offer for USA international midfielder Maurice Edu from Ipswich.

With Rangers relaunched in Division Three, the 26-year-old has not featured this term and is seeking an exit.

Edu moved to Ibrox from Toronto in 2008, and has won three Scottish Premier League titles.

Manager Ally McCoist confirmed that Ipswich had tabled a bid and said he would like the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

"There is nothing at the moment," said McCoist.

"As far as I know, there has been an offer on the table from Ipswich which, as yet, he hasn't accepted.

"He trained this morning. I'm just hopeful something can be resolved sooner rather than later."

As far as our team is concerned, I'd like to know what's on offer.

But as we may never know that, I hope we can negotiate some moving-on deal as I doubt he'll stay at Ipswich for long.

Maybe a £1 million plus would be good, considering I think he has a clause when he took a wage cut he could go for less than 'market' value.

As far as our team is concerned, I'd like to know what's on offer.

But as we may never know that, I hope we can negotiate some moving-on deal as I doubt he'll stay at Ipswich for long.

Maybe a £1 million plus would be good, considering I think he has a clause when he took a wage cut he could go for less than 'market' value.

I think his minimum fee clause is £300,000.

I think his minimum fee clause is £300,000.

It's as low as that???

That's ridicuous, I'd have thought that we spent £2.6 million on him, he's had European experience now so he's be worth £3 million, and the minimum fee would have been around 50%.

Did D&P negotiate that percentage???

Until yesterday, I liked Edu.

Things change. I shall say no more than that regarding him.

Goodbye and good riddance.

I can't understand why with the depleted squad we have , we want to get rid of players. Edu has been good the last few years and can play well in the defense. In Div 3 looks like our players could end up with a few injuries and we will need a full squad.