***The Official Rangers v Elgin City Thread***

Amac9

Just in from the game.

That was the most random game I think I've ever been to. Guys crowd surfing, guy from out of nowhere starts playing penny arcade on the bagpipes then Elgin bring on Andre the Giant.

Loving this SFL3!

:lol:

Good game, still a bit unstable as we get the squad working together. That defense needs to be worked on but visiting teams should now know that if they take the lead that just makes Rangers angry.

I think Rangers need to do an 8-0 or something at home and a 5-0 away just to let other teams know who we are, but if they want to make our visits a cup final, so be it. It's coming good.

Nice wee comment on the tranny from the Radio Scotland commentator, "that's Rangers with only one defeat in sixteen ..."

Hang on, I thought "new Rangers" had only played seven games in their entire "history"? Ah! Same club, different company. Gotcha. I was wondering whether the Sportsound Facebook page would crash with comments from irate Tims!

I think one of the things that is making this so refreshing is that we have a completly new team out on the park.

Guys like McGregor, Broadfoot, Papac, Whittaker, Davis, Edu, Naismith & Lafferty had all been regulars for years and even though they did a lot for the club during that time, I almost had the feeling that it was all getting a bit stale and that the team was in need of a complete rebuild.

Obviously I wish the rebuild of teh squad had happened in better circumstance, but I still think it was needed.

I think one of the things that is making this so refreshing is that we have a completly new team out on the park.

Guys like McGregor, Broadfoot, Papac, Whittaker, Davis, Edu, Naismith & Lafferty had all been regulars for years and even though they did a lot for the club during that time, I almost had the feeling that it was all getting a bit stale and that the team was in need of a complete rebuild.

Obviously I wish the rebuild of the squad had happened in better circumstance, but I still think it was needed.

Naismith was a regular on the treatment table...