League cup SPL club away?

Blue and True

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe any self respecting bear would attend a match at an spl ground.there must be leadership from the top of all supporters organisations here,let them realise the golden goose that kept them going for over 100 years has flown and will never be back

I dont attend many away games however my personal opinion is that we SHOULD BOYCOT any spHell ground.

The importance of the game will almost guarentee it is shown on TV, and in my opinion a no show would send the biggest message to all media (and mhedia) outlets.

We as a support have shown the world how unified we are by attending games with huge numbers, lets now make a statement to the world by not attending.

Hell, we could even arrange a march/protest at there ground before the match, therefore ensuring the home club still incurrs the policing and security costs.

I don't tend to go to away games - not a season ticket holder or member of an RSC.

However, by boycotting SPL clubs, we're hurting ourselves too. I go to see the Rangers, couldn't care less if some wee team are getting my money that will keep them away from administration for another week.

Go to every match you can. That's what I say.

EDIT: Want to clarify that I do understand the logic behind the boycott. It's just my personal opinion that we should concentrate on our own team regardless of who we are playing and where.

Boycott Ibrox? Youre on your own with that one.

I certainly wont be boycotting Ibrox.

Those who are boycotting any SPL away draw we get this afternoon seem to be doing so to hurt them financially (not giving them their money).

So I was wanting those people in this thread that would boycott an away game for that reason to tell me if they would also boycott a home game for the same reason?

Kind of hypocritical if they were going to go to Ibrox, "I'm no giving those bastards my money" then turning up at Ibrox for a cup game and handing them £7 or £8 (depending on ticket prices)

Boycott Ibrox? Youre on your own with that one.

He makes a good point however, the talk here is that by boycotting an away ground they don't get the gate money! However if it's at home we will be generating more income for them!

Which leads me to think the attend cup games but not league games is the best option, as we will be putting money into Rangers by attending the cup games!

League games (when they return) - NO MORE MONEY FROM ME FOR SPL CLUBS.

Cup games (at Ibrox) - I'll be there to support the Rangers despite our opponents getting a cut of the cash.

Cup games (away from Ibrox) - NO MONEY FROM ME. AND WE'LL TAKE OUR CUT OF THE GATE MONEY FROM THEIR FANS. :lol:

I'm willing to sacrifice having any chance in these cups for this season at least just to get the message across. I'm sure Mr Green, Ally and the players will understand.

He makes a good point however, the talk here is that by boycotting an away ground they don't get the gate money! However if it's at home we will be generating more income for them!

Which leads me to think the attend cup games but not league games is the best option, as we will be putting money into Rangers by attending the cup games!

Exactly, if you dont want to go to a cup game away to an SPL team, then dont go.

But dont come on here and say its because you dont want to give them your money if you are still going to go to a home game against an SPL team. hypocracy of the highest order.

Hey Charles, :cgreen: I've got a cunning plan.........

Open Ibrox on the night, don't charge a penny (10quid cover charge only) and put a fuck off big radio in the middle of the pitch. Me and my fellow brethren do not need to set foot in one of the stench holes of the SPL (feels dirty just writing that) and you get Rangers into the Guinness book of records for biggest crowd around a radio EVER!

Its a crazy idea, but it might just work! doh

Then again, there is probably an SPL rule which states Rangers can't use radios or some shit like that!

It's not only about the money folks.

It's about sending a very strong message to the SPL and their member clubs that we WON'T be attending games in their grounds.

Empty seats on TV is the best way to get that message out, whilst at the same time packing out Ibrox and showing them just what could have been theirs.

League games (when they return) - NO MORE MONEY FROM ME FOR SPL CLUBS.

Cup games (at Ibrox) - I'll be there to support the Rangers despite our opponents getting a cut of the cash.

Cup games (away from Ibrox) - NO MONEY FROM ME. AND WE'LL TAKE OUR CUT OF THE GATE MONEY FROM THEIR FANS. :lol:

I'm willing to sacrifice having any chance in these cups for this season at least just to get the message across. I'm sure Mr Green, Ally and the players will understand.

Fair enough you can attend whatever games you want.

But what hypocrisy saying you will not go to an away game because you don't want to give them your money, but you would go to a home game and therefore give them your money.

It's not only about the money folks.

It's about sending a very strong message to the SPL and their member clubs that we WON'T be attending games in their grounds.

Empty seats on TV is the best way to get that message out, whilst at the same time packing out Ibrox and showing them just what could have been theirs.

Thats better (tu) than "NO MORE MONEY FROM ME FOR SPL CLUBS."

What you said before just didnt add up.

Just a reminder of how the gate money in cup fixtures is split.

League Cup and Ramsdens Cup

Home club gets 15% of gate to cover costs

Remainder is split 50/50 between the clubs

Scottish Cup

SFA gets 5% levy

Home club (or host club at neutral ground) gets 20% to cover costs

Remainder is split 50/50 between the clubs

So boycotting a home game hurts Rangers more.

Exactly, if you dont want to go to a cup game away to an SPL team, then dont go.

But dont come on here and say its because you dont want to give them your money if you are still going to go to a home game against an SPL team. hypocracy of the highest order.

I can see his point here. Yes, they get a % of the gate money at Ibrox. But Ibrox is OUR ground and we should support our club there at all times. If we play an SPL team away from home and boycott the game, they still send us our % of the gate money, even though we don't have any fans attending. Seems like a nice GIRFUY tae me.

As I've said in a previous post, it's also not always about the money. We need to send the message out to all just what they're missing, especially if it's on TV for all the world to see.

We go to Ibrox, cup and league; this is the home of Rangers and we are Rangers supporters. We leave lots of empty stands away at cup and league, it is about more than just the money and this action tells them what we think.

We go to Ibrox, cup and league; this is the home of Rangers and we are Rangers supporters. We leave lots of empty stands away at cup and league, it is about more than just the money and this action tells them what we think.

And what they can expect on our return to the SPL.

Not to mention the panic with sponsora and Sky TV when they see they'll be televising empty stadiums even when we return.