***The Official Annan Athletic v Rangers Thread***

Amac9

Hiya folks thought i might pop in and give any of the 1000 or so bears heading to the match the heads up on Annan.

First and most importantly boozers.You won't find a bad pub in the town all worthy of a visit.

The Shed-the biggest and busiest pub in the town cheap booze,great beer garden and loads of big screens.

The Annan-Rangers game will also be on live here if anyone's arriving with no ticket.The owner is also raffling one of his signed Rangers tops for charity.

Smoochies-proper Rangers pub, the local supporters club meet here.They have live entertainment planned pre match.

Auberge-my local a proper wee dive currently up for sale a snip at 160k

Blue Bell-if you like your real ales this is the pub for you although it does get called the Green Bell locally,something to do with the clientele it attracts.

Station Bar-good wee pub perfect for anyone getting the train down.

Food-All your usual,three chippies the pick of the bunch being cafe royal.The best pies are sold at farm direct by far the best in the shire.If your hungry don't wait till you get into the ground its guaranteed the pies will sell out.

Parking

I think the police are going to direct you to the co-op car park its only a five minute walk to the ground.

If they don't just drive straight past the ground and its your 4th left.

Train-15 minute walk to the ground

Galabank

Only two turnstiles at the away end so if you want to see the start of the match arrive early.They tell me you have a 1000 tickets for the away end. As its only a two tier terrace some of the more vertically challenged among you are going struggle for a decent view.

I may as well mention the match while I'm here.Annan have been really struggling this season apart from the second half against Berwick where we turned round a 2 goal deficit.This is possibly the weakest Annan team I've seen for quite some time.

I've not managed to see all of the Rangers matches in the 3rd division but what i have seen does give me some encouragement.Here's hoping Ally sticks with his current away day tactics.

Roll on Saturday

Enjoy your day

mon the Annan

Argy is a doubt with hamstring. Little did his foot and is another doubt. Sandaza played out wide in the reserve game likely as prep. Still a couple days so they might be alright

If Little is injured then it's got to be Barrie McKay that starts in his place under no circumstances should Sandaza play out of position he has none of the attributes needed to play there and has been totally outperformed by McKay this season.

If Little is injured then it's got to be Barrie McKay that starts in his place under no circumstances should Sandaza play out of position he has none of the attributes needed to play there and has been totally outperformed by McKay this season.

Don't shoot the messenger pal. I'm just saying Sandaza was played out wide in the reserves match against Annan. I agree with you and I'm a massive McKay fan, but the other side of the argument is, logically Sandaza is a more natural replacement for Little than McKay. Plus, I think McKay will be a better impact player than Sandaza

How can the game be shown in a pub when its not on tv, so prob won't be streams flying around

Rangers tv are recording the match .I think its being shown live in the states and Canada.

Definitely on live in The shed,you would be surprised the owner always has 2 or 3 games on live on a Saturday at 3pm.Don't think its entirely legal.

Fucking international breaks! I'm literally going loopy waiting for this match, better get a bloody stream. Fucking ridiculous it's not on TV tho, every away game should be on TV the demand was always going to be there.

Couldn't agree more on both points mate,why all our away games aren't being televised is puzzling me?grounds that fit a couple of hundred fans meaning thousands are missing out and televising the matches at ibrox where near 50 thousand Bears get to watch us play.

The demand for away games is far greater.

Alexander

Perry Faure Emilson Wallace

Black McLoed

McKay Shiels Templeton

McCulloch

Allowing that Argyriou and Little injured if not would play them instead of Perry and McKay but they have to be 100% because these lads are more than able deputies so no point in risking them if not fully fit. Better to make sure they are fit for the motherwell game.

Should keep the formation against Annan as still a relatively new team and need to build the confidence especially away, any win would do me to get the lads started.

BALL ON THE GROUND we need to play it on the deck on Saturday especially with the size of annans pitch. If we get it on the deck and play the way we have done at home our first away win in division 3 will come. REMEMBER MR MCCOIST ON THE DECK

:lol: you should be on the coaching staff you wizard, you

Take notes Ally, BF2 winston knows :rolleyes:

Don't shoot the messenger pal. I'm just saying Sandaza was played out wide in the reserves match against Annan. I agree with you and I'm a massive McKay fan, but the other side of the argument is, logically Sandaza is a more natural replacement for Little than McKay. Plus, I think McKay will be a better impact player than Sandaza

Sandanza never played against annan reserves.

Quite right. But I'm 100% convinced I read that SANDAZA was played out wide in the reserve match. But now I can't remember where I read it (pretty sure rangers.co.uk) and I can't find the match report :blush: If I've got this wrong then I've got one hell of an imagination