Who Would You Replace Him With Then?

Creampuff

I'm holding you to that just incase!

I don't envisage it either but I keep saying that every week, and every other week, we embarass ourselves. My point basically is, how far does loyalty take you? Trust me, it would kill me to sack Ally, he's been my hero since I was a small child. But it needs to be better. I don't think this job should be as hard as he's making it look. It's simple things. Ah, just not happy

hpw far does loyalty take you?

Further than a few games into the season and only one defeat.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hpw far does loyalty take you?

Further than a few games into the season and only one defeat.

Fully accept that. I am in no way calling for the gaffer's head. However, as heartless as it may seem, those not addressing problems with Ally are nearly as bad as those idiotically dismissing him. Most of us are level headed enough to see this is a bit of a struggle right now. I guess my point is, you can't keep a manager forever just because you like the man.

I'm not explaining it well. Trust me, I want Ally to succeed. I think he is struggling over many things right now though

Ally has to allowed to see this season out at least. He has earned that.

I don't really worry about getting out of Div 3, I expect us to pick up a bit of momentum at some point and that should be enough.

I am concerned about the long term though and currently Ally is not showing the ability to be the bloke the can lead us back to SPL and European levels.

What I am sure of is that Ally should at no point be dumped upon. If he isn't up to the management role then we need to use him in some PR/Ambassadorial role.I can't think anyone would argue that he wouldn't be good there.

Who would come in is difficult. Q1 is who can we afford.

I wouldn't be going back to say Walter or Eck. Walter would be short term and Eck ain't really that good a manager.

Adams and McInnes are reasonable younger Scots and I'd even keep tabs on Alan Johnson.

Head still in ass I see. How bad does it have to get for you to take it out? Ally has managed a lot longer than a few games and its plain to see he isn't good enough as a manager.

Your opinion means fuck all to me. You have been on Allys case for about a year, Us having problems right now and you are back on the scene. I am loyal and optimistic, you are one of the biggest naysayers on here, we will never agree so just stop talking to me :)

Fully accept that. I am in no way calling for the gaffer's head. However, as heartless as it may seem, those not addressing problems with Ally are nearly as bad as those idiotically dismissing him. Most of us are level headed enough to see this is a bit of a struggle right now. I guess my point is, you can't keep a manager forever just because you like the man.

I'm not explaining it well. Trust me, I want Ally to succeed. I think he is struggling over many things right now though

I agree with you and have never once said Ally should have a job for life like some on here.

I just feel he deserves the full season before we hang him out to dry mate.

We have been poor at times. But we have also been dreadfully unlucky with some injuries. Little and Templeton were huge losses for us and it showed last night with the lack of width we had

I agree with you and have never once said Ally should have a job for life like some on here.

I just feel he deserves the full season before we hang him out to dry mate.

(tu)

Think, on a whole, that we see pretty much eye to eye.

There's a happy medium I suppose. Ludicrous for some to jump on his back and demand his head, after a good night's sleep. Yet I also get very frustrated with those who go too far in the other direction and cannot see his flaws simply because of who he is.

I don't demand thrashings of every team, every week but I think the least the supporters deserve is a team which plays decent football. I can take dropping points if its a game where we've wasted chances and whatnot. My concern is that we are frequently being dominated by part-time sides. It's so strange that it almost goes beyond the realm of poor management into something more mystical. It literally shouldn't happen.

For me, as much as i'd love good runs in the cup, they aren't all that important to me. The league is key. People keep saying, well we're going to pick up, we'll coast the league. I think we should win it comfortably but I have a lot more doubts than most others I think. Maybe the fears aren't so much for this term but for the next couple.

I think i'm just frustrated that we haven't seem to have learned lessons. It's still the same kind of football, very uninspiring. I also want to shake Ally and tell him to rotate a bit. I can almost understand the staleness of some of these performances when players are getting away with poor performances for weeks and not being dropped

(tu)

Think, on a whole, that we see pretty much eye to eye.

There's a happy medium I suppose. Ludicrous for some to jump on his back and demand his head, after a good night's sleep. Yet I also get very frustrated with those who go too far in the other direction and cannot see his flaws simply because of who he is.

I don't demand thrashings of every team, every week but I think the least the supporters deserve is a team which plays decent football. I can take dropping points if its a game where we've wasted chances and whatnot. My concern is that we are frequently being dominated by part-time sides. It's so strange that it almost goes beyond the realm of poor management into something more mystical. It literally shouldn't happen.

For me, as much as i'd love good runs in the cup, they aren't all that important to me. The league is key. People keep saying, well we're going to pick up, we'll coast the league. I think we should win it comfortably but I have a lot more doubts than most others I think. Maybe the fears aren't so much for this term but for the next couple.

I think i'm just frustrated that we haven't seem to have learned lessons. It's still the same kind of football, very uninspiring. I also want to shake Ally and tell him to rotate a bit. I can almost understand the staleness of some of these performances when players are getting away with poor performances for weeks and not being dropped

cant argue with any of that. I know i am seen as a blind faith loyal, but i see Allys flaws too...anyone who doesnt is not paying attention. I also see us playing some really good football at times.....i guess i just want some consistancy. The fact that we have pretty much a brand new squad is overlooked by a ton of fans. The fact that we just emerged from one of the toughest times in Rangers history is overlooked too.

When you say you want ally to succeed i totally believe it.....i struggle to belive some others saying the same thing.

cant argue with any of that. I know i am seen as a blind faith loyal, but i see Allys flaws too...anyone who doesnt is not paying attention. I also see us playing some really good football at times.....i guess i just want some consistancy. The fact that we have pretty much a brand new squad is overlooked by a ton of fans. The fact that we just emerged from one of the toughest times in Rangers history is overlooked too.

When you say you want ally to succeed i totally believe it.....i struggle to belive some others saying the same thing.

Think you are far from blind faith loyal. Frankly, its clear to see the idiots in here. And the folk who like to provoke reactions.

I guess, all in all, I just think we are making a pig's ear of things so far. Agree with what you said, the team needs time to blend. Still concerned by our seeming lack of tactics at times though.

Ach, its for another day really.

For now, play a positive formation, put in a good performance against Montrose and we'll all be a bit happier

Think you are far from blind faith loyal. Frankly, its clear to see the idiots in here. And the folk who like to provoke reactions.

I guess, all in all, I just think we are making a pig's ear of things so far. Agree with what you said, the team needs time to blend. Still concerned by our seeming lack of tactics at times though.

Ach, its for another day really.

For now, play a positive formation, put in a good performance against Montrose and we'll all be a bit happier

A couple of good away wins for us and the feeling about this place will lift. But yea, the lack of tactics can be worrying sometimes. Ally needs to get a mean streak in him and tear these players to shreds.

A couple of good away wins for us and the feeling about this place will lift. But yea, the lack of tactics can be worrying sometimes. Ally needs to get a mean streak in him and tear these players to shreds.

This is it. It's totally a confidence thing too. Could see it last night and I think you see it in our away games. Our players look petrified of losing, so much so that it often stops them from going for the win. It's daft but it's quite apparent.

This is it. It's totally a confidence thing too. Could see it last night and I think you see it in our away games. Our players look petrified of losing, so much so that it often stops them from going for the win. It's daft but it's quite apparent.

Yup. The fear of losing is very apparent. But even if we play well and draw or lose. This place will go nuts. Finding a happy medium would be fantastic lol

Yup. The fear of losing is very apparent. But even if we play well and draw or lose. This place will go nuts. Finding a happy medium would be fantastic lol

Plenty on here love a moan. Fact is though, last nights moans about our performance were utterly valid. I think if you wade through the idiots and trolls, you'd see the difference between the response to us perhaps losing a game simply through missing hatfuls of chances and being unlucky than us being dominated for large periods like we were last night

Plenty on here love a moan. Fact is though, last nights moans about our performance were utterly valid. I think if you wade through the idiots and trolls, you'd see the difference between the response to us perhaps losing a game simply through missing hatfuls of chances and being unlucky than us being dominated for large periods like we were last night

i totally see the difference between the two types of posters mate..thats why we are chatting and im ignoring jorga bear lol.

To say no-one else would take the job is simply not true. It is a very attractive proposition as the manager will have three easy (for a good manager) years to implement their style and have a team exactly as they want it by the time they are really challenged. That is an opportunity that rarely presents itself in football.

Personally I would allow Paul Le Guen a second chance, unlike Ally, it was clear to see that he had vision and ideas, and I think in hindsight many people now realise what we missed out on by turning on him so early. He has been successful since he left us and while I don't now if he would take the job, I think he would relish the chance to right his biggest managerial "failure".

Stuart McCall as people have said would be a good choice, it depends how old school he is (tu) Motherwell certainly knock the ball around well and I imagine he has plenty of input in training. I'm hoping to get someone with fresh ideas and doesn't have to be related to the club though... but I'd be more than happy if McCall came in.

My Grandad golfs with Mixu Patelinen (sp) and, I've managed to speak to him on the odd occasion when he was at Cowdenbeath, but his ideas, ethos and footballing philosophy are spot on. He speaks so much sense everytime I've spoke with him about Rangers and our long term goals as a club. He is a great coach (tu) really works on tactics and technique and every side has always looked fluid.

He's in the Finland job just now and, according to my grandda' he's really enjoying it so I imagine he'll be out of the picture... which is a shame as I think he has the right ideas (tu)

To say no-one else would take the job is simply not true. It is a very attractive proposition as the manager will have three easy (for a good manager) years to implement their style and have a team exactly as they want it by the time they are really challenged. That is an opportunity that rarely presents itself in football.

Personally I would allow Paul Le Guen a second chance, unlike Ally, it was clear to see that he had vision and ideas, and I think in hindsight many people now realise what we missed out on by turning on him so early. He has been successful since he left us and while I don't now if he would take the job, I think he would relish the chance to right his biggest managerial "failure".

They wouldn't have three years I'm afraid, we can't afford ally a couple of month.

I see a lot are going for Stuart McCall,Billy Davies. Does a Rangers manager really have to have past Rangers connections. Cause the way I see it... it's just more jobs for the boys and in turn, cut our nose off to spite our face. When it comes to picking the best candidate for the job.

Us as a team need a fresh pair of eyes, with no connections. A real fresh perspective after Ally McCoist. (Which is a long way away I may add)