Who Would You Replace Him With Then?

Creampuff

A fair 15 month?

I would have hoped a guy who had spent four years as assistant manager plus a year as manager (albeit in difficult times) would have been able to hit the ground running and get results pretty much immediately.

It looks to me like McCoist doesn't how to set the players up and it looks like the players know it.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have hoped a guy who had spent four years as assistant manager plus a year as manager (albeit in difficult times) would have been able to hit the ground running and get results pretty much immediately.

It looks to me like McCoist doesn't how to set the players up and it looks like the players know it.

It's irrelevant, has he had a FAIR tenure?

It's irrelevant, has he had a FAIR tenure?

He's had a tough time, no doubt, as I already acknowledged.

But regardless of the unfairness of his tenure, why does he continue to make his own job twice as difficult by fielding players out of position?

For example, what's stopping Ally from seeing and acknowledging that playing an immobile 34 year old with a chronic knee injury in midfield against fast young players is suicide?

Billy Davies or Stuart McCall. We barely mounted any effective concentrated attacks last night. Nor did we threaten their goal anywhere near enough. The team seemed clueless about how to set about attacking a team at home which I found just incredible. For that, the manager must take the lion's share of responsibility. New approaches need to be found and that comes from the manager and the coaching staff. If it is beyond them to do this then some fresh blood is needed. Might be that it is fresh coaching ideas that are needed more than a new manager.

To be clear though, I still applaud the players that stayed with Rangers and the ones that joined. They have placed their faith in the club (I know they are well paid but even so). And I firmly believe that the squad can produce a way of playing that is much more threatening to teams and which wins well at home and away. Unlocking that potential is the job of the manager and coaches. They need to do their jobs - and pronto - or the calls for replacements will get much louder. Charles and the Board are also bound to be taking close note of what is happening on the pitch as they will be as concerned as anyone to see Rangers march through the leagues in quick order.

Looking to Sunday - clearly needs to be a win. I'm also looking for a massive turnout at the game because this team needs all the backing it can get from the Bears and for the full 90+mins. Be there on Sunday.

I doubt Paul Le Guen would manage Rangers Again but if he would I'd welcome him back. Imagine what that guy could do for our club in 3 years. By the time we were back in the SPL we'd be passing teams off the park (tu)

Since leaving Rangers he’s done close to nothing of note with any of the teams he has managed. (PLG)

I doubt he would even consider coming back to Scotland given the way he was hounded out by an element of the playing squad at that time.

Ally is the manager and talks of a replacement should not be going on at the minute but rather concentrating on how we get through this rough patch. If Ally is not the man then there will be time to talk about this but at the moment I feel it’s a bit disrespectful.

Regarding the claims of Ally not knowing anything tactically.....

In yesterdays game we played decent for the first 20 mins, presumably under the tactics of Ally.....the players reverted to type for the remainder of the half and Ally probably went through them at half time. second half we started how we left off and Ally changed the game after less than 10 mins by bringing Kyle on, and we scored almost str8 away. Then Kyle gets himself sent off and Ally changed tactics again, we scored almost str8 away again.

Ally can put the players on the park, but it's up to the players to win the game.... and far to few are showing the fight needed.

Right, not declaring an allegiance either way, but a question to those who want Ally out.

Who do we bring in?

Because no manager worth their salt would take this job, with that squad, knowing he can't sign someone for 18 months.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a few suggestions for those hell bent on sacking McCoist.

There’s only one pal; Alistair Murdoch McCoist

Regarding the claims of Ally not knowing anything tactically.....

In yesterdays game we played decent for the first 20 mins, presumably under the tactics of Ally.....the players reverted to type for the remainder of the half and Ally probably went through them at half time. second half we started how we left off and Ally changed the game after less than 10 mins by bringing Kyle on, and we scored almost str8 away. Then Kyle gets himself sent off and Ally changed tactics again, we scored almost str8 away again.

Ally can put the players on the park, but it's up to the players to win the game.... and far to few are showing the fight needed.

You are right.. But the team are here until January 2014.. Ally must grow a set of managerial balls.. And demand a performance on account of all his faith in his signings.. The customers have paid they're hard earned cash.. It's up to the Manager to motivate the team/ staff.. Await minus reps :anguish:

Right, not declaring an allegiance either way, but a question to those who want Ally out.

Who do we bring in?

Because no manager worth their salt would take this job, with that squad, knowing he can't sign someone for 18 months.

I genuinely wouldn't mind a few suggestions for those hell bent on sacking McCoist.

I'd give him a knighthood.. And beg Walter to take us to the end of the season.. Love Ally so much i'd marry him.. But he might not be managerial material.. I dunno <cr>

Ally McCoist is my favorite all time player. I'll love the guy for the rest of my life for the memories he gave me. Not just as Rangers no9, but through these tough times. He bleeds blue, and embodies everything the club stands for.

It would pain me if he didnt manage to be a success as rangers manager, but i fear the worst. Ally might be what we as fans want, but is he what we need?

Do we need someone to come in and sort these players out?

Im afraid, when it comes to the rangers manager, sentiments are thrown aside, and harsh decisions have to be made.

Stuart McCall or Billy Davies

I also heard from a reliable source that Jose Mourinho has expressed an interest.

Time for a fukking reality check folks.

Yes we are Rangers but we are also in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

This is all very reminiscent of 'we need a new striker this wanker McCoist is shite and just won't do'.

We all know how that worked out.