Total dud

hammer93

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys who only played a couple of games like Ostenstaadt etc. shouldn't qualify.

For me, Bert Konterman is the worst player I watched for us. His signing pretty much signaled the rails coming off Advocaat's reign. We looked unstoppable for 2 seasons then this clown appeared and messed it up. I can't believe we persisted with him for so long. He was truly an awful defender. He's the sort of player Walter would've punted at the first opportunity.

Karl Svensson is not far behind him. Can't stand centre-backs that clearly have no clue how to defend.

Couldn't agree more. Advocaat was a right stubborn wee **** regarding Konterman. I can remember an OF game at Parkhead, and Konterman was having a (one of many) fucking nightmare. If memory serves me correctly, he substituted Michael Ball (who was having a really good game) and left that twat on.

MB was fucking raging as he came off, and while I don't condone a player disrespecting his manager I could fully understand how he felt.

Rumour has it that when running out the tunnel at old firm games, Jim Denny ran towards the bheggars end - as they treated him better. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Really? Never heard that one before, but fuck me. The abuse must have been bad :lol:

BBC press reported he couldn't play in Europe apparently, something politely refuted by our manager........

Well our manager must have been wrong then. I mean, if it's from the BBC then it must be true eh?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guys who only played a couple of games like Ostenstaadt etc. shouldn't qualify.

For me, Bert Konterman is the worst player I watched for us. His signing pretty much signaled the rails coming off Advocaat's reign. We looked unstoppable for 2 seasons then this clown appeared and messed it up. I can't believe we persisted with him for so long. He was truly an awful defender. He's the sort of player Walter would've punted at the first opportunity.

Karl Svensson is not far behind him. Can't stand centre-backs that clearly have no clue how to defend.

Got to agree - with both Konterman and Svensson the first time I saw them try to head the ball I thought "shit - he's a dud"

Svensson really did get shorter when he jumped, I'm sure of it

I play golf with jim's brother, so wont criticise i know jim feels fairly hard done by by his time at rangers. Worst player for me is apart from one moment of pure joy... Bert konterman.

Didn't he also score the goal that got us through in the one-legged qualifier against Anzhi Machachlaka? Not sure about the spelling but ye know who I mean!

We've signed worse players than Jim Denny over the past few years - or maybe signed players who performed worse than Jim Denny. He was a scapegoat in the 1970s but guys like Ostenstad, Mladenovic and Marcus Gayle were worse, to name but three.

He was still shite though,also dave smith.

Talking at work today about who was the worst player to play for the bears, Jim Dennys name cropped up!(older bears)

It got me thinking as ive seen a lot of piss poor players over the years but egil ostenstad sticks out for me!

Who sticks out in your mind as been not so :praise::praise::praise:

:shifty:

Billy Urcquart was awful

Ive spoken of this many times, ive been told off for my criticism "2nd touch is a tackle" by some on here, one of them may well have been him, for that i criticized the man behind his back so openly, i apologize.

The fact that i criticized Cologne's 12th man, you will never here me say sorry, not even to his face.

Billy Urquart....You were absolute shite by the way, and by far the worst Rangers player i ever saw in the flesh,but not the most hated. So sleep well knowing that although i said you were shite,my most hated Rangers FC employee is and always will be the wee cunt who should have been snipered as he walked through the front door to sign, Maurice Johnston.what a fuckin dark day that was for me, any RC but him, him and Lennon are my 2 most hated Celtic players of all time, fact he wore the Rangers jersey makes me want to vomit, even now.

No Surrender

Rab