Barcelona...

Of course Barcelona are terrible at the back at the moment, although that is a personnel issue more than a system one IMO. As soon as they lose either Pique or Puyol...and especially without both! They are fragile. I cannot understand why they have failed to buy any centre halves and just insist on playing midfielders at the back when short...but again that is about who they play rather than how they play! 100% agree though, unless that defence improves they will struggled greatly against better teams.

I think any team in the world would struggle against a rigid defensive performance with 9 men camped in and around their box...just not that many teams are faced with it! Rangers showed that in 2008. You could of course counter it by getting the ball wide and flooding the box but is reliant on luck rather than some grand plan.

You say Barcelona just kept doing the same thing and "refused to shoot", well I have already named 5 clear cut chances outwith the 2 goals they scored so is not as if nothing was happening for them.

I also thought there was quite a change in their play with the introduction of Tello & Villa. Tello tried to get to the bye-line a lot more than either Pedro or Alexis ever did...although his distribution was poor. Villa played a lot more central and closer to Messi. On 2-3 occasions they worked Villa in to good positions but the ball was maybe half a yard out so he couldn't get the shot away and the time he did have a shooting chance hit the post. It was subtle changes to their play but it had a definite impact.

Not settled at all imo but I'm not talking about Rangers here.

Barcelona don't need hoof balls up the park as they can pass their way there with ease, it's when they get to the final third they need to vary their attacks a bit more imo like crossing into the box rather than passing it into the net when 10 players are defending for their lives.

That's why they tend to find it easier away at times! Teams need to open it up more! People are forgetting Spartak Moscow were 12 mins away from beating Barca! If Barca score early then more than likely its 5 or 6 they're pumping you by! But like the taigs/spartak if you can get a lead and defend like fuck then you're right they do struggle a bit more! I do like how they believe so much in how they play that they just keep going and going and going!

The difference between Barca and the rest is that Barca dominate virtually every game they play no matter the oposition!

They're no quite the Rangers but they aint far off it ;)

No, putting balls into the box from wide areas which was avoided at all costs last night where Pedro would just pass it back to someone instead of driving into the wing and drilling a ball into the box.

Aye, all those giants they have would destroy every team with their aerial prowess. :lol:

That's why they tend to find it easier away at times! Teams need to open it up more! People are forgetting Spartak Moscow were 12 mins away from beating Barca! If Barca score early then more than likely its 5 or 6 they're pumping you by! But like the taigs/spartak if you can get a lead and defend like fuck then you're right they do struggle a bit more! I do like how they believe so much in how they play that they just keep going and going and going!

The difference between Barca and the rest is that Barca dominate virtually every game they play no matter the oposition!

They're no quite the Rangers but they aint far off it ;)

I think the recent games Barca have been leaking goals is due to not having any central defenders playing, they are using midfielders like Song and JM who would never have played in those positions before, bit like United last night playing Carrick who was worse than pathetic in that role.

The taigs had 3 menaingful attacks last night and one resulted in a goal while the other 2 really should have too which shows how fragile Barca are at the back just now.

Teams always do what Celtic did to them last night and they still win 9 times out of 10. As soon as they struggle to win its always a case of how they NEED a plan B, when in reality they don't really. People only remember the few times the struggle, and not the times they win games like these 2/3-0, which it should have been given the chances they had.

Aye, all those giants they have would destroy every team with their aerial prowess. :lol:

You don't need to be a team full of giants to threaten or score from corner kicks, Barcelona have players good enough to find space and evade their markers in the box.

You don't need to be a team full of giants to threaten or score from corner kicks, Barcelona have players good enough to find space and evade their markers in the box.

What about those ten opposition players who are defending for their lives.....and are taller?

Barcelona have a principled approach as to how the game should be played. They should be applauded for that, not ridiculed. They don't do too bad from it.

What about those ten opposition players who are defending for their lives.....and are taller?

Barcelona have a principled approach as to how the game should be played. They should be applauded for that, not ridiculed. They don't do too bad from it.

They have played against taller teams before and scored from long crosses or corners...I even remember Messi doing it in a CL final but we will just ignore those kind of things.

:stupid:

They have played against taller teams before and scored from long crosses or corners...I even remember Messi doing it in a CL final but we will just ignore those kind of things.

Who's ignoring it? Exceptions to the rule can be found quite easily.

You're the one bemoaning their style of play and saying that they should be throwing crosses into the box against big defenders. Teams are set up to play a certain game which suits their personnel and that's the philosophy at Barcelona from an early age - it's not an accident that they play the way they do.

Barca resorting to high balls and crosses into a crowded area would prove to as successful as Pulis getting his Stoke players to use tiki-taka.

Pished myself senseless last night, but to be fair the mhanks did extremely well.

Barcelona are shocking at the back at times, notice that when I was over there for the Granada game in La Liga last month. Suppose it's a case of if you score 4 we'll score 5 type philosophy which was evident at the weekend there.

You really don't seem to get the irony in you, of all people, using the word 'obsessed' to describe someone else.

You really are. I used to think you hated me because I like man u. Then I thought maybe you fancied me. Now im convinced you're just plain obsessed.

Tin hat on here but this mhank team are the best they have had since O Neill. Have a few very good young players like Wyama or whatever the fuck he is called. Something we should be doing, looking far afield for young prospects. They have a few players who will improve and have a sell on value. Our chief scout is yet another ex-player, i'm sure we can do better.

Anyone thinking that we will be challenging for the league as soon as we are back is living in cloud cuckoo land. I fully expect them to get out this group and strengthen next season.

The reality of not playing any European football is hitting home now. Makes me feel sick seeing pundits down south praising the scum and their fans and knowing that they are going to be the focal point of our game for a long time yet.

Tin hat on here but this mhank team are the best they have had since O Neill. Have a few very good young players like Wyama or whatever the fuck he is called. Something we should be doing, looking far afield for young prospects. They have a few players who will improve and have a sell on value. Our chief scout is yet another ex-player, i'm sure we can do better.

Anyone thinking that we will be challenging for the league as soon as we are back is living in cloud cuckoo land. I fully expect them to get out this group and strengthen next season.

The reality of not playing any European football is hitting home now. Makes me feel sick seeing pundits down south praising the scum and their fans and knowing that they are going to be the focal point of our game for a long time yet.

If you think the world is watching the scum play some european games then I think it is you who are the one "living in cloud cuckoo land". The whole world is amazed and infatuated with the story of The Worlds Most Successful Club marching up through the lower leagues to get back on top of the pile again, in front of World Record attendances.

Against QP we had the World Record attendance for a 4th tier league game with 49,463, the scums boast about last night, "We lasted 93 1/2 minutes". Says it all

Barcelona were absolutely class last night. Outplayed the opposition but found it hard to break them down at times.

They got the result they deserved. The other team were just trying to sit it out the whole game and try to not get pumped. They got lucky with a set piece but failed to threaten after that.

Barcelona were absolutely class last night. Outplayed the opposition but found it hard to break them down at times.

They got the result they deserved. The other team were just trying to sit it out the whole game and try to not get pumped. They got lucky with a set piece but failed to threaten after that.

:huh:

I heard they played shite and won. I didn't watch it though so I don't know....

If you think the world is watching the scum play some european games then I think it is you who are the one "living in cloud cuckoo land". The whole world is amazed and infatuated with the story of The Worlds Most Successful Club marching up through the lower leagues to get back on top of the pile again, in front of World Record attendances.

Against QP we had the World Record attendance for a 4th tier league game with 49,463, the scums boast about last night, "We lasted 93 1/2 minutes". Says it all

Really they are not, what makes you think this??

Yes our fans have been brilliant this season going above and beyond anyone's expectations except our own. However I think we would have much rather been playing Barca in the nou camp. The only good thing about being in Div 3 has been the fans. The football we have had to endure has been awful.

The reality of our situation is hitting in and yes, I for one really miss European nights especially in the CL.