Chelsea cheated like fuck the day !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll accept your stance on this if you've never cheered a less-than-genuine Rangers penalty or free-kick. Or the Lovenkrands fall to get Alan Boozebag Thompson sending off donkeys ago.

That's irrelevant. I'm not saying if I was happy or not with the dive just because it was Torres/Chelsea that did it, I'm just saying that it was a dive. If it was a Rangers player who did it as well I'd say it was a dive too.

If there is any contact though the player cant be booked for simulation and that is the rule is it not? Maybe the ref thought there was no contact and got that wrong... Looked like minimal contact to me

Well I think most people in here have agreed about Ivanovic's sending off? And the Torres decision was by no means "ridiculous", some may think he got it wrong, I don't think there was a need to send him off, even though I do think it was a dive, but by the rules, or what I thought were the rules, Clattenburg had a right to book him. If your saying that contact means you can't get booked then it should have been just a freekick to Man Utd. IMO.

I don't think Clattenburg did, well, anything wrong in the decisions, and certainly nothing outrageous.

That's irrelevant. I'm not saying if I was happy or not with the dive just because it was Torres/Chelsea that did it, I'm just saying that it was a dive. If it was a Rangers player who did it as well I'd say it was a dive too.

Would you have said 'we all knew (insert player) was going to dive' if it was a member of the current team? I really doubt it.

Getting back on topic and away from some of the shite that's being talked you wonder if this sus character clattenburg should have been allowed back into the game after suspension especially when he's had debt problems.

In the summer of 2008, Clattenburg was appointed to referee that year's FA Community Shield, with Dave Richardson and Ian Gosling assisting and Andre Marriner acting as fourth official.[16] However, Clattenburg was later suspended from refereeing, pending an investigation into alleged debts incurred by companies to which he was connected.[17] The Shield match between Portsmouth and Manchester United took place at Wembley Stadium with Peter Walton as the replacement referee.[18]

Following the investigation into his personal life and business debts, the referees' governing body dismissed Clattenburg, citing a breach of contract. He denied all the allegations and appealed the decision.[19] On 18 February 2009 the Professional Game Match Officials Board reinstated Clattenburg as a Select Group referee. However, he had to serve an eight-month suspension, starting from his original suspension date of 6 August 2008. Upon his return from suspension on the last day of the Premier League season, Clattenburg refereed a fixture between Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers — his only domestic appointment of that season.

Guys like this are open to bribes and should be thrown out of the game. Looks like the EPL is as bent as the SPL.

:sherlock:

Great find! :rolleyes:

If there is any contact though the player cant be booked for simulation and that is the rule is it not? Maybe the ref thought there was no contact and got that wrong... Looked like minimal contact to me

There was contact but it was only visible with the help of tv replays. Clattenburg got a decision wrong - big fucking deal.

Getting back on topic and away from some of the shite that's being talked you wonder if this sus character clattenburg should have been allowed back into the game after suspension especially when he's had debt problems.

In the summer of 2008, Clattenburg was appointed to referee that year's FA Community Shield, with Dave Richardson and Ian Gosling assisting and Andre Marriner acting as fourth official.[16] However, Clattenburg was later suspended from refereeing, pending an investigation into alleged debts incurred by companies to which he was connected.[17] The Shield match between Portsmouth and Manchester United took place at Wembley Stadium with Peter Walton as the replacement referee.[18]

Following the investigation into his personal life and business debts, the referees' governing body dismissed Clattenburg, citing a breach of contract. He denied all the allegations and appealed the decision.[19] On 18 February 2009 the Professional Game Match Officials Board reinstated Clattenburg as a Select Group referee. However, he had to serve an eight-month suspension, starting from his original suspension date of 6 August 2008. Upon his return from suspension on the last day of the Premier League season, Clattenburg refereed a fixture between Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers — his only domestic appointment of that season.

Guys like this are open to bribes and should be thrown out of the game. Looks like the EPL is as bent as the SPL.

Holy fuck. :lol:

Clattenburg is actually usually a very good ref.

There was contact but it was only visible with the help of tv replays. Clattenburg got a decision wrong - big fucking deal.

That's forgivable if he doesn't book Torres for diving therefore sending him off. HE can not give anything, but he had to be sure it was a dive to give FT his second yellow.

:lol:

Fuck sake!

That's forgivable if he doesn't book Torres for diving therefore sending him off. HE can not give anything, but he had to be sure it was a dive to give FT his second yellow.

Then he must have been sure in his own mind that that is what happened - or he's corrupt.

Disgusting.

They've traditionally always had one of the biggest, if not thee biggest, Irish following out of all the English clubs.

Bastards.

I always thought Liverpool had the biggest.

They have always had the biggest following in northern Ireland. Its Liverpool in the republic.

And you know this ,how?

Popular opinion. Is it not true?

Lol.

No.

Man United supporters clubs in ROI - 34

Liverpool supporters clubs in ROI - 40

Man United supporters clubs in N.I - 48

Liverpool supporters clubs in N.I - 31

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/membership/aib-association-of-international-branches

http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-supporters.htm

May not be completely conclusive but I think it gives a rough idea who is a bigger supported club and where.

"Entitled to go down" is what is wrong in these situations. I don't think you are ever "entitled" to go down. You either get forced down or you stay up. Torres could have easily stayed up.

So if I poke you on the arm and you fall down that isn't a dive? If that's all he can withstand he shouldn't be playing football.

If you poked my on the arm and i fell down then you shouldn't have poked me in the arm without knowing how much my arms can take, cruel bastard.

Who are you to say what Torres should be doing with his life? Would you rather he was depressed on the dole?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/fans/membership/aib-association-of-international-branches

May not be completely conclusive but I think it gives a rough idea who is a bigger supported club and where.

That's dedication, Derek! :D

Always knew Liverpool was the taig team. in England. ;)

That's dedication, Derek! :D

Always knew Liverpool was the taig team. in England. ;)

Other than having a deep rooted irrational hatred for United I can't see what reason anyone would have to argue the point. In my life time its always been Liverpool that has been regarded as the club with the biggest catholic following. Also as the club with the biggest affinity with Celtic.

I would say Rangers have as many if not more supporters clubs than United over here,but there is no way they have as big

of fanbase as the mancs,I don't think you can base it on clubs,but thanks for posting those fugures ,suprising figures for Eire