Chelsea cheated like fuck the day !

BLUEDIGNITY

the linesman should have flagged Hernandez offside for the winner.

Difficult one for the linesman. It's a marginal decision, and with Hernandez coming back from an offside position as opposed to moving in to an offside position it's harder for a linesman to spot.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivanovic was last man, and took down the player so deserved a red card. Torres was lucky to still be on the pitch for his 1st yellow card. The offside was very marginal and incredibly hard to call, these things happen, linesmen have a very hard job and I doubt many people called for offside before they seen the replay.

Chelsea have had some very dubious decisions go their way down the years at the Bridge against United too.

Ivanovic was last man, and took down the player so deserved a red card. Torres was lucky to still be on the pitch for his 1st yellow card. The offside was very marginal and incredibly hard to call, these things happen, linesmen have a very hard job and I doubt many people called for offside before they seen the replay.

Chelsea have had some very dubious decisions go their way down the years at the Bridge against United too.

Very good post.Hopefully in the cold light of day some on here have woke up and realised they let their emotions get the better of them. Some ludicrous posts yesterday.

The offside was very marginal and incredibly hard to call, these things happen, linesmen have a very hard job and I doubt many people called for offside before they seen the replay.

people talk about goal line technology and how much we need it.

i think its bullshit - why the rush for goal line technology.... because lampard scored vs germany?

Those types of incidents are very rare, i think out of a few hundred games since these season started i can think of 1 incident where there was a questionable incident of the ball crossing the line. It doesnt happen anywhere near often enough to be a priority.

Offsides on the other hand CONSTANTLY decide games, wrongly. Liverpool wrongly had a winning goal chopped off vs Everton yesterday. Man U wrongly were allowed a winning goal vs Chelsea.

So why do we seemingly accept that results of games are completely up in the air dependant on the human-error factor of a linesman, but don't accept human error factor on goal line incidents when the same linesman is making a equally similarly tough call anyway?

The fact is, some offsides are simply not possible to call. Hernadez yesterday was 1 such example, he is aout 5'9 and was standing directly behind a 6'7 goalkeeper and about 2 more defenders 6ft+ also obsecuring the linesmans view, who is looking down the line from eye-level.

it's not possible, for a human, to make a decisive call on that with the human eye and no aid of technology. In other words, it's guess work.

But here's another example, let say the ball goes back to the goal keeper, on the edge of his box, and the keeper punts it straight up to a striker peeling off a CB.

Now, the linesman must look down the line on the exact moment the ball is struck (if we had technology this is where we freeze frame it) - so how can he be looking at 2 things at once, when they 2 things he is meant to be looking at are seperated by 90 yards? It's impossible. By the time he turns his head when the ball is kicked, the striker could be 2 or 3 yards offside... even if he actually was onside when the ball was kicked.

If technology is going to be used in football it should be for offsides,

Am I the only one who thinks he got the decisions right?

Ivanovic was last man and Young was through on goal, by the letter of the law Clattenberg had every right to send him off. For Torres, let's face it, he did dive. Just because Evans touched him doesn't make it not a dive, he could easily have stayed up and he definitely went down on purpose.

For the offside goal, that wasn't his fault, it was the linesman's.

I didn't watch the end so don't know if there's other freekick incidents or things like that but as far as the red cards go, fair enough IMO.

Am I the only one who thinks he got the decisions right?

Ivanovic was last man and Young was through on goal, by the letter of the law Clattenberg had every right to send him off. For Torres, let's face it, he did dive. Just because Evans touched him doesn't make it not a dive, he could easily have stayed up and he definitely went down on purpose.

For the offside goal, that wasn't his fault, it was the linesman's.

I didn't watch the end so don't know if there's other freekick incidents or things like that but as far as the red cards go, fair enough IMO.

How do you know this? Only one man will know for sure.

Cause he barely touched him, we all know Torres went down far too easy.

Stay up and let Evans fly through you or go down and try to avoid his big clumsy legs and a potential injury?

It was a freekick. Evans stopped Torres in his tracks without touching the ball. Whether Torres went down easily or not is irrelevant, Evans deliberately tried to take him down - which is a foul.