No poppies on c****c or st johnstone tops today ?

cooper1972

Exactly. I mean ticket prices don't matter either. Fair enough, £30 isn't exactly worth going to watch an SPL game.. but if you love your Club like we all do Rangers - you pay it. The average attendance last season was around 44k IIRC, and this season so far is around 48k. Now, I don't think anyone can honestly say that extra 4k is due to cheaper tickets. It very well be, and that could be some peoples reasoning. However at the end of the day it's 3rd Division football. I wonder how many of their fans would turn up each week to watch 3rd Division football? Probably around the same amount that went today. (If it was 25,000)

i said in another thread earlier on today, Celtic's support is totally based on who their opponents are. they showed themselves up yet again today. also, no Knob Stewart in attendance today, surprise surprise. no doubt they'll use the 'because its a Sunday' excuse (even though we got 45,000 and 46,000 against Montrose and Elgin)

Exactly. I mean ticket prices don't matter either. Fair enough, £30 isn't exactly worth going to watch an SPL game.. but if you love your Club like we all do Rangers - you pay it. The average attendance last season was around 44k IIRC, and this season so far is around 48k. Now, I don't think anyone can honestly say that extra 4k is due to cheaper tickets. It very well be, and that could be some peoples reasoning. However at the end of the day it's 3rd Division football. I wonder how many of their fans would turn up each week to watch 3rd Division football? Probably around the same amount that went today. (If it was 25,000)

30 quid to watch them v st j? doubt its that much!

Talking of sweeping. I heard they had 25,000 at the game today and, about an hour and a half ago, I went on a few sport websites to see if the attendance was listed, just to confirm what I'd heard.

Not on one sport website, including their own official website, is today's attendance listed. Now, unless it's been put up somewhere since I checked, how about that for sweep sweep sweeping eh?

They are well aware now of the fact that WE are the biggest Club in the country and always have been. They are nobodies. Their support do not give a fuck about them unless they are playing us because, no no.. they don't love their Club. They hate ours.

In the stats section of ESPN website, it makes interesting reading. Our total attendance this season after 5 games is 238,084 while their's after 6 games is 229,366... now add in another home game for us just to match up the numbers and you could count our new total at 58,000 more than their's with the same amount of games played.

Forget a recession, forget school uniforms, forget Halloween. Hate, more than love, is why their fans turn up to watch their games... or "turned up" should I say.

Funnily enough I was going to post something similar - that is the only game the BBC dont have the attendance for.

It would be nice to know how many of the GFITW made the effort

According to Richard Gordon it was observed.

after a clever little PR stunt by Lawwell. The tanoid read out the names of a few Celtic players who died in WW1 seconds before the start of the silence.

they had to be tricked into a minutes silence on remembrance day.

TBH I think the whole poppy shirt thing has became a point scoring exercise by some. I'm not surprised the scum didn't wear one, or St Johnstone. I'm sure the last time the taigs didn't have the poppy on the shirt the opposition didn't either.

Do we have to go through this faux outrage every fucking year?

Who gives a shit? Did you expect anything less from them?

The best thing about Poppy Scotland's contract running out (which forced SPL teams into displaying the poppy on their shirts) is that the scum no longer have a chance to hijack Remembrance Sunday with their plastic Paddy IRA banter and dyslexic banners.