Kop style stand

plymouthranger

Eh no seating can't be put in those areas they are needed to support the stands it's better having TV's there than a bunch of poles and support beams, I was told it would be easier and cheaper too add another tier the stands than too put seating in there.

Did a structural engineer tell you that?

The corners and screens were put in after the stands were built so I would doubt that they are integral to the stands. However when you look at the stadium from above now you can see how much structure would be needed to make it the same as the other stands. When you add the two corners together it probably would be cheaper to build and extra tier on the Govan and get more seats in. Although that would leave us with an uneven stadium, wouldn't look too good. We don't really need more seats unless the move to a super league happens!

ibroxpast6.jpg

IbroxStadium0701SDM_468x347.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with making one stand like the dortmund stand, standing but able to have seats fitted for european games, looks.magnificent and looks like it really adds to the atmosphere. but cant.ever see it hapenning

I thibnk turning the entire BF in to standing would be a very real, very good idea. However, I don't like the idea of EVER handing it over to away fans like the scum while our own singing support uprooted!

Perhaps the Copland front could become a standing area and the UB, TBO, and VB moved there.

Well up for it but I doubt the Ibrox security guy would be keen. He didn't even want BF1 expanded.

I realise that it may not be high in the list of priorities of Charles Green, but i'd love it if one day we converted the Copland into a 1-tier kop style stand. Shove the Blue order and the Union Bears in it, and the place would be bouncing. You see that nowadays, despite the fact we're in the 4th division, fans still turn out in their droves. I also believe the fans groups make a massive impression on young fans, and over the coming years we'll see more and more demand for "singing/standing sections" etc.

You look at a club like Liverpool, who are pish right now. And yet they still are incredible to watch at home games, and I think a massive part of that is due to the design of the Kop stand. Another club (who i've visited) is Dortmund, whose sudtribune stand (think that's how its spelt) is again in this style. I realise we've got bigger priorities these days, but I dream of a day whereby we get the real Ibrox roar back, and I think a 1 tiered end-stand might do the trick

Liverpool are incredible to watch at home games ? Which ones ?

Ive been to a Liverpool game, the atmosphere was much alike a 30 bob note, Non-existent

I don't feel the need to change, we have the best atmosphere out of any British team, I've watched a few Liverpool games and the atmosphere is total pish.

Edit: I like the fact of us having a bigger capacity though, you could just imagine Ibrox with 10 thousand or so more fans.

As a Gers season ticket holder and former Kop ( Anfield) season ticket holder there is no doubt that Ibrox would be ten times better if we had a single tiered stand behind one of the goals holding around 13000 ( same as Anfield). Atmosphere on the Anfield Kop for big games is awesome, imagine the noise from 13000 Bears behind the goal. If we did this at the Copland we could increase capacity to 56000 and filling in the corners a la Westfalion Stadion would push the capacity to around 63000.

As a Gers season ticket holder and former Kop ( Anfield) season ticket holder there is no doubt that Ibrox would be ten times better if we had a single tiered stand behind one of the goals holdong around 13000 ( same as Anfield). Atmosphere on the Anfield Kop for big games is awesome, imagine the noise from 13000 bears behind the goal. f we did this at the Copland we could increase capacity to 56000 and filling in the corners a la Westfalion Stadion would push the capacity to around 63000.

I get what you're saying, but we already have a better atmosphere than Anfield. BF1 has a better atmosphere than the entire kop end at Liverpool.

I get what you're saying, but we already have a better atmosphere than Anfield. BF1 has a better atmosphere than the entire kop end at Liverpool.

Very similar BF1 is like 304, 305 and 306 at Anfield, similar in numbers, problem at both grounds is that they are generally the only ones singing unless it is a CL match or Septic / United. Need more fans singing at Ibrox, feel like the only one singing in BF3.

What about the fitting of safe standing rail seats, in the Copland for starters, move the UB, TBO.

Know the mhanks are being allowed to trial these in a section, which personally think the smaller clubs should have been allowed to do rather than spending money to try and comply with Sphell regs.

Did a structural engineer tell you that?

The corners and screens were put in after the stands were built so I would doubt that they are integral to the stands. However when you look at the stadium from above now you can see how much structure would be needed to make it the same as the other stands. When you add the two corners together it probably would be cheaper to build and extra tier on the Govan and get more seats in. Although that would leave us with an uneven stadium, wouldn't look too good. We don't really need more seats unless the move to a super league happens!

ibroxpast6.jpg

IbroxStadium0701SDM_468x347.jpg

How about moving the screens to the top of the Broomloan and Copland stands, filling in the spaces where the screens were, then building a tier on top of the Govan? The screens on top of the Broomie and Copland would help with making the stadium look less uneven.

I've always been curious about what was actually done when the screens and corners were done in 1995/96 - were the "goalposts" moved in any way? I know it would be a major job to put seats where the screens are as there must be a massive framework of supports behind them and sightlines would be ridiculously restricted. The time to do it was when we were owned by a certain guy who might have been able to source steel etc kinda cheaply.