Kop style stand

plymouthranger

I realise that it may not be high in the list of priorities of Charles Green, but i'd love it if one day we converted the Copland into a 1-tier kop style stand. Shove the Blue order and the Union Bears in it, and the place would be bouncing. You see that nowadays, despite the fact we're in the 4th division, fans still turn out in their droves. I also believe the fans groups make a massive impression on young fans, and over the coming years we'll see more and more demand for "singing/standing sections" etc.

You look at a club like Liverpool, who are pish right now. And yet they still are incredible to watch at home games, and I think a massive part of that is due to the design of the Kop stand. Another club (who i've visited) is Dortmund, whose sudtribune stand (think that's how its spelt) is again in this style. I realise we've got bigger priorities these days, but I dream of a day whereby we get the real Ibrox roar back, and I think a 1 tiered end-stand might do the trick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we should increase to 60k and have free attendance for under 16's, so our fan base is ever increasing from an early age

Under 10s free with a paying adult. 12/13/14/15 year olds already know who they support.

I realise that it may not be high in the list of priorities of Charles Green, but i'd love it if one day we converted the Copland into a 1-tier kop style stand. Shove the Blue order and the Union Bears in it, and the place would be bouncing. You see that nowadays, despite the fact we're in the 4th division, fans still turn out in their droves. I also believe the fans groups make a massive impression on young fans, and over the coming years we'll see more and more demand for "singing/standing sections" etc.

You look at a club like Liverpool, who are pish right now. And yet they still are incredible to watch at home games, and I think a massive part of that is due to the design of the Kop stand. Another club (who i've visited) is Dortmund, whose sudtribune stand (think that's how its spelt) is again in this style. I realise we've got bigger priorities these days, but I dream of a day whereby we get the real Ibrox roar back, and I think a 1 tiered end-stand might do the trick

Would love to see a whole stand of BF1 with the number of flags and banners in the one stand like you see at Dortmund, amazing sight. Isn't the capacity about 26,000 in league fixtures!?

I reckon we should increase to 60k and have free attendance for under 16's, so our fan base is ever increasing from an early age

I think it's also important to increase capacity at some point, but not urgently. So that we can be on a level playing field in terms of matchday revenue as the scum make.

with regards to atmosphere being generated ibrox would need to be fully enclosed, those stadiums generate the best atmosphere, the only way we can do that is if we rip the whole thing down leaving the brick facade of the main stand and building a bowl like stadium, lower the pitch and you would have some atmosphere. it will be done in the future im 100% sure.

with regards to atmosphere being generated ibrox would need to be fully enclosed, those stadiums generate the best atmosphere, the only way we can do that is if we rip the whole thing down leaving the brick facade of the main stand and building a bowl like stadium, lower the pitch and you would have some atmosphere. it will be done in the future im 100% sure.

We could start by ripping out those two 'jumbotrons' :angry:

Even if that only gets us 10 seats, it's a good deal!

you paying for it then? it will never happen first of all because it would cost over £200 Million and 2nd of all there isn't a demand for it we only get around 45k average attendance per year and the odd sell out game in Europe or against the scum isn't going to pay off the huge costs.

Not a fan of all these new "identikit" bowl stadiums around the place. Much prefer our stadium as it is, aside from having a one tier stand, I wouldnt change anything about it

We could start by ripping out those two 'jumbotrons' :angry:

Even if that only gets us 10 seats, it's a good deal!

Eh no seating can't be put in those areas they are needed to support the stands it's better having TV's there than a bunch of poles and support beams, I was told it would be easier and cheaper too add another tier the stands than too put seating in there.

Not a fan of these type of stadiums, I love Ibrox the way it is as it's both traditional and modern at the same time! Unique and sets us apart from the rest...

you paying for it then? it will never happen first of all because it would cost over £200 Million and 2nd of all there isn't a demand for it we only get around 45k average attendance per year and the odd sell out game in Europe or against the scum isn't going to pay off the huge costs.

£200m sounds like a lot of money.

There are surely cheaper ways of adding n-thousand seats.

Eh no seating can't be put in those areas they are needed to support the stands it's better having TV's there than a bunch of poles and support beams, I was told it would be easier and cheaper too add another tier the stands than too put seating in there.

Aye, but ye'd still get 10 seats, and get rid of those tellies. Think about it man!

OK Plan B then - get wider screens which are not dreadful.

TBH i don't think stadium improvement / redevelopment is anywhere near an urgent priority, certainly not for a good few years.

The only urgent thing I would do would be give the main stand facade a power wash! Oh and also the roof of the Club Deck, it was looking very grubby the other day :sherlock:

It isn't the design that makes the atmosphere (sometimes it helps), it's the fans. If the UB & BO can continue to behave then their numbers can increase.

The atmosphere at some games can be electric and at others it can be like a damp squib. Sometimes it's down to the way we play and sometimes due to who are the opposition.

Ibrox was based on Dortmund's Westphalenstadion but they can stand at German games. The Sudtribune holds nearly 25,000 standing. In Euro games the capacity of the ground drops 15,000 for seating.

As for Liverpool, I've watched some of their Euro games on tv and you can hear people unwrapping sweets it's so quiet.