The Tom English and Craig Whyte connection

Iron Curtain

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailyreco...een-set-1335458

Ahmad told fans in Toronto: “Fingers crossed we will sign with adidas this week.

That article and quote was from September.

I was looking for the minutes as opposed to the Record

A million things could have happened since then

Fingers crossed I'm going to win the Euromillions this week

I was looking for the minutes as opposed to the Record

A million things could have happened since then

Fingers crossed I'm going to win the Euromillions this week

Minutes? I gave you a direct quote. Are you saying Green and Ahmad are deluded then? Or that the chance of Rangers signing with Adidas is a lottery?

Swally asked for a quote and was provided one, then he asked if there were actual minutes of the meeting as he didnt trust the DR.

The quote provided was taken from people who were actually at the meeting, his statement about Addidas was repeated on his 'road trip' around North America and Northern Ireland.

My point is that CG does make some statement that are coming back to bite him and can be held up to ridicule, reflecting poorly on his stewardship and credibility.

On the other hand, he has talked about reconstruction, which cane true. He has made other statement which have come to fruition too.

He has a business head, he just needs to use it more when making claims.

I hope it was sarcasm from him otherwise the paper should be shut down for that article alone.

I doubt it was sarcasm, just a very bad attempt at a wind up. I assume sales and circulation are not very good ?

Cant imagine anyone who would not cringe at that standard of journalism though,especially in the business.

And how could an editor who is seriously interested in keeping his paper in circulation endorse that rubbish.? doh

I doubt it was sarcasm, just a very bad attempt at a wind up. I assume sales and circulation are not very good ?

Cant imagine anyone who would not cringe at that standard of journalism though,especially in the business.

And how could an editor who is seriously interested in keeping his paper in circulation endorse that rubbish.? doh

I hoped it was sarcasm what ever it is it isn't journalism anyway.

that english is a wank though he goes on about villa and getafe winning matches but that wasn't greens point and he knows it, it was about how small their clubs are in comparison to us, they can play in the best league with huge revenue but it doesn't make them a big club. that was green's point, we took over 25,000 to barcelona in the champs league, (a record in any european competition for traveling support outside a final) that is the difference. taig tom knows fine well.

Just me then that thinks it has a point, how many things have we been told? its like fucking murray all over, i like green and the way he stands up but i just want the truth. if smith wasn't there i would defo be worrying.

Fact is there may be elements of having a point however as per usual a journo chooses to pick up in Rangers CEO comments yet lawell goes unchallenged at every turn... Tour of japan, celtic fifth biggest team in the world, atlantic league current incarnation thereof... Fuck me has had a few and journos like english polish lawells purple head and make his eyes even more slanty.

Just me then that thinks it has a point, how many things have we been told? its like fucking murray all over, i like green and the way he stands up but i just want the truth. if smith wasn't there i would defo be worrying.

It's been a few months, not everything is deliverable overnight especially after all that has happened to us.

Are you serious? Where you worried just the other day when Walter wasn't on board? Sounds to me like you are trying to scaremonger implicitly.

Frankly, who cares what he says.

There's something amiss when journalists refuse to recognise the elephant in the room. It's been there long enough for all to see it and still they don't want to know about its truth.

But, even the elephant understands that if all the nay-sayers are correct - and Green & Co are even benter than Murray & Whyte before them - we'll still be here.

The Rangers is our support. And we're not leaving our club. Not ever.

So, what HAS happened to the imminent Addidas deal then, it was supposed to be signed within the week ... that about a month a ago ??

It WAS embarrassing when he said Man Utd wanted us in the EPL, only for them to say bullshit !!

I am actually behind CG, I like him & I think he has the clubs best interests at heart BUT he does have a tendency to hyperbole and can easily be accused of playing to the crowds because the perception is ... he is !!

Certainly, a more than a few of his statements have come to fruition but many have still yet to coalesce into something remotely tangible.

I just wish he would engage his brain before opening his mouth, speaking from the heart is admirable but using a business brain would be preferable.

Green will be gone soon enough. We'll still be here after his dust has settled.

What's genuinely surprising is the assumption from the likes of English is we cannot see or hear what Green says and understand it for what it is.

Most supporters of The Rangers I speak to acknowledge the truth of the matter - an understanding that if Green tries to harm us he'll be chased.

And we, the support, will rally round our club again if need be. And again and again and again.

The suits come and the suits always go - we are the constant. Our support cannot and will not be broken. And, as we know, the support is the club.

That's the root of the anger and frustration of those set against us.