Mike Ashley

stuart54

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need the money though?

CG needs to br careful, the fans have been nothing short of amazing this season so piss them off at your peril.

Define need? We may not need the money to survive or anything but doesn't mean we couldn't very well do with it.

I think the fans would get over it before long if we're progressing on the park.

We'll always call it Ibrox. I was more upset when they stuck sponsors on the shirts.

In fact that's so accepted now that people buy the shirt with the scabby sponsors logo even when they do not have to.

"Money, get away

Get a good job with more pay and you're okay

Money, it's a gas

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team..."

The sponsors put me off strips not had one for a few years. Do all shops sell them without them? Out of interest, what year did Rangers start wearing sponsors? I only go back as far as CR Smith?

Define need? We may not need the money to survive or anything but doesn't mean we couldn't very well do with it.

I think the fans would get over it before long if we're progressing on the park.

Well we will be in tue second division next season and with the ST sales and merchandise we will again be head an shoulders above everyone else we face.

We hear we are in a great financial state just now so I don't see the rush for this move.

I hardly think it would be worth £10 million a year anyway for a club playing outside the top division and excluded from Europe...it all sounds a bit pie in the sky to me.

Well we will be in tue second division next season and with the ST sales and merchandise we will again be head an shoulders above everyone else we face.

We hear we are in a great financial state just now so I don't see the rush for this move.

I hardly think it would be worth £10 million a year anyway for a club playing outside the top division and excluded from Europe...it all sounds a bit pie in the sky to me.

Winning the lower divisions is the very short term aim, our support will be demanding us to start challenging for the title right away when we're back in the top flight.

Winning the lower divisions is the very short term aim, our support will be demanding us to start challenging for the title right away when we're back in the top flight.

Will Green want the negative publicity Newcastle gave when this happened ?

It won't be anywhere near £10 million either

I think "businessmen" like this are bound to appear and start a pishing contest given any opportunity to do so.

Nobody takes a worldwide brand name like Rangers or for that matter Ibrox and seriously thinks they will gain by re-branding it. This is self publicity and nothing less.

The press interest in this trivia only goes to show that when there's no news worth reporting then a story about Rangers is the best bet.

Like the old saying goes, any publicity is good publicity.

Will Green want the negative publicity Newcastle gave when this happened ?

It won't be anywhere near £10 million either

Green has said something before along the lines of he'd make what he believes are the right decisions even if unpopular.

So long as it doesn't into anything further like the Cardiff rebranding I would accept it and just keep on calling it Ibrox.

Two points:

1) There is no confirmation of any such deal, just a newspaper "understands" blah, blah... This could be a rumour started by anyone.

2) Would it be in RFC or Charles Green's interests to discuss such a controversial proposal when he is just about to issue the IPO prospectus for fans to buy into the Club?

The sponsors put me off strips not had one for a few years. Do all shops sell them without them? Out of interest, what year did Rangers start wearing sponsors? I only go back as far as CR Smith?

As far as I know, that was the first ever sponsor... 1985 or 86 maybe.