Neil Alexander

nachothelegend

Alexander probably commands my respect more as he stayed with us and he was patient in biding his time.

I'm sure there were bids for him, but he wanted to play for Rangers.

He certainly deserves his chance and our respect more than the ones who left us in our times of troubles.

People are going well over the top here. He would not get anywhere near his wages anywhere else and I doubt there would be a great demand for him especially considering his last two moves were frees.He is a decent keeper but not a great one, however I am glad he stayed and will more medals in future with us.

Edit, this was meant to be a comment on the topic not a response to Dutchy.

We need a good young replacement now so they can get Alexanders knowledge passed on, Alexander is more than able but to have someone able bodied ready to step up when needed afterall these games would be great for bleeding in some young lad.

I get that people appreciate Alexander for being a good pro, biding him time when he could have gone elsewhere and whatever else, but he was getting really well paid to do it. During administration it was reported that he earns/earned between 12-14k a week which is lunacy for a second choice keeper.

He's nowhere near the level of McGregor but he is a reliable enough keeper and that's exactly what we will need for the next few seasons.

I like Alexander and i rate him , i realise he is no McGregor as well but 12-14k ? Who the fuck signed that off ?

I like Alexander and i rate him , i realise he is no McGregor as well but 12-14k ? Who the fuck signed that off ?

I'm not sure if it's even a true figure, but I wouldn't expect it to be far away from correct considering he was a well esthablished Championship level keeper when he joined us.

It was certainly reported during the administration process and if it is true, it's just another example of how we also contributed to our own downfall with regards to paying OTT wages that we didn't really need to.

said it when all this nonesense started shagger was one that we could afford to let go as alexander was a very good replacement.seldom let us down when called on.dont think he is as good all round as shagger but a very worthy replacement and any young keepers at ibrox will learn a lot from him on and off the park

Some of the talk on here annoys the hell out of me at times.

So fuck that McGregor left. He was by far the best keeper in scotland when he was with us.

Not all rangers players are as passionate about the club as the fans regardless of how they come across.

Players left, were still alive and kicking so fuck it lets get on with it.

Some of the talk on here annoys the hell out of me at times.

So fuck that McGregor left. He was by far the best keeper in scotland when he was with us.

Not all rangers players are as passionate about the club as the fans regardless of how they come across.

Players left, were still alive and kicking so fuck it lets get on with it.

Aye so fuck we paid his wages for years?

So fuck he left us without us getting a fee when he could have easily.

So fuck he'd rather line his own pocket?

Maybe we should build him a statue ?

Ive always liked Neils attitude, when interviewed before the league cup final he said that he had always wanted to play for Rangers and although he was aware he was clearly the second keeper at that time, he had won more medals and trophys than most first choice keepers and only at Rangers would you get that. Hes not as spectacular as McGregor but hes solid and loyal and not likely to appear in the Sun embarresing the club. Neil Alexander we salute you :praise:

McGregor is five times the keeper Alexander is. There's a reason he didn't get a sniff at the first team while he was here.

Alexander is a decent, dependable keeper and I'm glad he stayed, but lets not go nuts.

(tu)

Alexander is of course held in high regard because he stayed and rightly so but AM is a far better keeper than Neil is or ever was.